Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve "Pup" Miller Resigns from Magoffin County Poistion
Any insight as to why?

He was 168-73 in 8 seasons with 2 15th Region Titles and 1 All "A" Region Title while at MC.
Well, this is interesting. Derek Forrest just tweeted:

Quote:Just got off the phone with Steve "Pup" Miller. He HAS NOT resigned from Magoffin Co.
Started to say that I don't believe it. Thanks PT.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Would not blame him. with all that is going on over there. A county that dont care about there own.
It is now official. He met with the team and has resigned according to WYMT.
he met with his team at 10 oclock this morning and made his announcement.
Possibly going for boy's job somewhere?
Wow, basketball has lost a great Coach. Hope everything works out well for him. He would greatly help any coaching staff.
basketball101 Wrote:Would not blame him. with all that is going on over there. A county that dont care about there own.
Whats that suppose to mean ? you have no idea what your talking about
basketball101 Wrote:Would not blame him. with all that is going on over there. A county that dont care about there own.
Their.
This school went through a lot this year with the tornadoes happening but he did an excellent job leading his team through it all. This does surprise me though. Didn't he just lead them to finishing in the final 8 in the state tournament?
Heard that two starters were not returning to the team next year. One was moving and one was going to be a cheerleader. Any truth to that rumor.
Lawrence County bound?
WOW...I am SHOCKED!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Lawrence County has a girls coach. A mighty fine one at that. I'm sure Harless wouldn't mind adding him to the staff, though:Thumbs:
Anything new to report here?
^Would be nice to know something.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
It will not be pretty when the truth comes out.:novb:
PantherTradition Wrote:It will not be pretty when the truth comes out.:novb:

Comments this broad should not be made on this forum. If you don't have facts, don't insinuate things. Anyone reading this can imagine several different scenarios that you could be implying. Someone should remove that post as soon as possible to prevent rumors from being started.
nehi built the foundation of the girls program at mchs & pup has taken it to new heights.
hope to see pup return & nehi build the boys program to where he can bring a region title to
MCHS.
t4p3r8 Wrote:Comments this broad should not be made on this forum. If you don't have facts, don't insinuate things. Anyone reading this can imagine several different scenarios that you could be implying. Someone should remove that post as soon as possible to prevent rumors from being started.

Are you serious? The truth will come out when Magoffin County High School and the local media decide its time to report. There are plenty of rumors out there. Some true and some not.
PantherTradition Wrote:Are you serious? The truth will come out when Magoffin County High School and the local media decide its time to report. There are plenty of rumors out there. Some true and some not.

I am serious. Haven't heard any rumors, but posts like this lets people know that they are out there or encourages people to start rumors. Lets wait until the school or media puts the facts out instead of stirring the pot. Your post alone makes it sound like the news isn't good. Until your post, I had not seen any rumors about this situation on this forum. May have just missed it.
The news will not be positive. Will leave it at that.
PantherTradition Wrote:The news will not be positive. Will leave it at that.

Let's go in another direction, who is going to be his replacement?
t4p3r8 Wrote:Let's go in another direction, who is going to be his replacement?

Has the position been posted yet?
Who is running the summer program?
Yogi Bear Wrote:Who is running the summer program?

Very interesting question. I have not seen them play this summer.
Where is Pup coaching next yr.
Yogi Bear Wrote:Who is running the summer program?

Scott Castle