Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Big East Teams In The Final Four
BelfryPride Wrote:No ACC
No Big East
No Big 12
No C-USA

Who woud have ever thought the Final Four would look like this ???

#2 seed UCLA (PAC-10)

#3 seed Florida (SEC)

#4 seed LSU (SEC)

#11 seed George Mason (PATRIOT)

You're just a touch off there BP. It kept confusing me all through the tournament because there is a Patriot league, but Patriots is just the nickname of GMU. They're actually from the CAA (Colonial Athletic Association).

But as you said, who had that Final Four? I'm willing to guess nobody across the nation. A lot of people had LSU, Florida, and UCLA, but hardly anyone had them all together, and if they just so happened to, there's very little chance they had George Mason. This is going to be an exciting Final Four and I think this is the best overall tourney I've ever seen.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Tomcat68 Wrote:You're just a touch off there BP. It kept confusing me all through the tournament because there is a Patriot league, but Patriots is just the nickname of GMU. They're actually from the CAA (Colonial Athletic Association).

But as you said, who had that Final Four? I'm willing to guess nobody across the nation. A lot of people had LSU, Florida, and UCLA, but hardly anyone had them all together, and if they just so happened to, there's very little chance they had George Mason. This is going to be an exciting Final Four and I think this is the best overall tourney I've ever seen.

I would say there is a pretty good chance there are some out there who had this picked....mostly the students at GMU would have the best chance at it. Id say somebody had it...
corndog23 Wrote:I would say there is a pretty good chance there are some out there who had this picked....mostly the students at GMU would have the best chance at it. Id say somebody had it...

You're right. A couple people got it. According to ESPN, out of their 2.7 million entries, ZERO had all Sweet 16, but FOUR do have the Final Four.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
[QUOTE=Tomcat68]You're just a touch off there BP. It kept confusing me all through the tournament because there is a Patriot league, but Patriots is just the nickname of GMU. They're actually from the CAA (Colonial Athletic Association).

QUOTE]

Yeah, I realized that last night a few hours after I posted it.....I went to bed instead of coming back to fix it.

I figured someone would call me out on it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The big deal about having 2 SEC teams in the final 4 is the money$$$. The SEC gets a pretty decent amount of coin from the NCAA for having 2 teams. This cash gets distributed to all schools in the conference and helps fund many sports at the schools that don't gross dollar one. Plus, both of these SEC teams beat us this year. Tis better to be beaten by a Final Four school than one that loses in the first round.