Sep 14, 12 Corbin (away) 7:30 PM
Sep 21, 12 North Laurel (home) 7:30 PM First Priority Bowl
Sep 28, 12 Southwestern (home) 7:30 PM
Oct 5, 12 Lincoln County (away) 7:30 PM
Oct 12, 12 Pulaski County (away) 7:30 PM
Oct 19, 12 Madison Southern (home) 7:30 PM
5-5 or 6-4.
7-3 or 8-2
South Laurel is looking solid at the skill position. They are a lil inexperience at the offensive line. The are smaller on the defensive side but quicker. Also, they are inexperienced on the defensive side. I say if they stay focused they could go 7-3 or 8-2
If SL goes 8-2 I might dress up as the cardinal and provide a night of entertainment at the Hanger :thatsfunn
Bear_Paw Wrote:If SL goes 8-2 I might dress up as the cardinal and provide a night of entertainment at the Hanger :thatsfunn

If SL goes 8-2, ill quit watching High School football period.

One of the worst ran programs in the state. Talk about politics...
Your opion means alot that's coming from someone who's team only won three games last year and they don't even have to win a district game to make the playoffs
footballfan23 Wrote:Your opion means alot that's coming from someone who's team only won three games last year and they don't even have to win a district game to make the playoffs

And dont forget to add, that it's coming from someone who plays a schedule 10X harder than the pansy schedule you all play and went 0-10 with. When you start scheduling Bell, Boyle, Belfry, Lex Cath, among others come talk to me.

Dont forget Whitley has spanked you every single time we've playedd except for 3 or 4 times, during the really down years of the program, and had never won against Whitley until 2003. The 08 and 09 games, which is the last time the two played were complete beatings.

I wasn't bashing South. You as a fan of the school knows first hand that in Laurel County its nothing but politics. For the biggest two schools in EKY to struggle like they do and even go 0-10 should tell you something is wrong.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:And dont forget to add, that it's coming from someone who plays a schedule 10X harder than the pansy schedule you all play and went 0-10 with. When you start scheduling Bell, Boyle, Belfry, Lex Cath, among others come talk to me.

Dont forget Whitley has spanked you every single time we've playedd except for 3 or 4 times, during the really down years of the program, and had never won against Whitley until 2003. The 08 and 09 games, which is the last time the two played were complete beatings.

I wasn't bashing South. You as a fan of the school knows first hand that in Laurel County its nothing but politics. For the biggest two schools in EKY to struggle like they do and even go 0-10 should tell you something is wrong.

That's all you do is get on here and bash south you said we only beat you during your down years well we were at the start of a couple of down years the last two times we played and as for your schedule being as hard as it is that is always a good excuse for not winning games but I am sure when the talent gets better the schedule will to and if we are such a poorly ran program get us on the schedule this yearor scrimmage us or go to some of the seven on seven tournaments and let's play and see how things work out
the last two times south played whitley was the best two teams south has had in ten years i dont have a clue what u r talking about i was at both of those games and it was absolute total domination we could not even get a play off i think one of them was like 52-14 south doesnt schedule those teams because they know they have no shot their coaches dont understand yeah maybe they will lose but they will learn the better teams u play against the better u get
dogface34 Wrote:the last two times south played whitley was the best two teams south has had in ten years i dont have a clue what u r talking about i was at both of those games and it was absolute total domination we could not even get a play off i think one of them was like 52-14 south doesnt schedule those teams because they know they have no shot their coaches dont understand yeah maybe they will lose but they will learn the better teams u play against the better u get

Glad to see you finally found you a friend to bash south with you and I didn't relize that a 4-7 team was the best in the last ten years I guess last years team didn't count
SL will be much better and improved. They were already pretty good last year, they were real close to wining 7-8 games because they lost some at the very end by a few points.

I'm interested to know what people are implying when they say SL is too political?
In what way are they too political?
3wishes Wrote:SL will be much better and improved. They were already pretty good last year, they were real close to wining 7-8 games because they lost some at the very end by a few points.

I'm interested to know what people are implying when they say SL is too political?
In what way are they too political?
Thank you I am glad to see someone besides me saw this and I don't know about the politics and for that matter what does it have to o with the game on the field
footballfan23 Wrote:That's all you do is get on here and bash south you said we only beat you during your down years well we were at the start of a couple of down years the last two times we played and as for your schedule being as hard as it is that is always a good excuse for not winning games but I am sure when the talent gets better the schedule will to and if we are such a poorly ran program get us on the schedule this yearor scrimmage us or go to some of the seven on seven tournaments and let's play and see how things work out

I would love to have South on the schedule. I would replace Lynn Camp off of our schedule with South. It would be another easy win year in and year out but instead of a 1A school that makes us look bad, it would be a larger 5A school.

If all i did was get on here and bash South, then there would have to be a lot more interest in South Laurel football and more threads started because as you can see i have almost 8000 post and maybe 10 of them have been about South Laurel.

I sure hope we meet in the playoffs again......I would love to welcome you back to Colonel Stadium. That reminds me in 09 of how Ricky Bowling, the South Laurel QB was ONE Touch down pass away from breaking Tim Couchs record and in his last career game at Whitley he was shut out 48-0.
That was a beautiful day. Guess he'll have to stay tied.
Actually Gut.......South Laurel has won 4 of the last 6 games between the two schools. The last two were won by Whitley in the first round of the playoffs with probably Whitleys best teams ever and the so-called down teams of South Laurel. Of course only Whitley could only have down teams. And you want to talk joke of programs??? Just look around your own campus.
That big tough schedule worked out good last year didnt it? Set you up for an A$$ kickin from that district 7 team in the first round. Maybe work in that forward pass.......
hoops_town Wrote:Actually Gut.......South Laurel has won 4 of the last 6 games between the two schools. The last two were won by Whitley in the first round of the playoffs with probably Whitleys best teams ever and the so-called down teams of South Laurel. Of course only Whitley could only have down teams. And you want to talk joke of programs??? Just look around your own campus.
That big tough schedule worked out good last year didnt it? Set you up for an A$$ kickin from that district 7 team in the first round. Maybe work in that forward pass.......

Is that not what i said. I said South has won 3 or 4 times. And yes it was the last 4 out of 6 or whatever, but before 2003 South had never beat Whitley, so dont give me that.

Whitley has a great program. Numbers has hurt us over the past few years, but overall there is very little influence whatsoever unlike your program. South prides thereself on getting all of the athletes in Laurel County, yet cant even beat North Laurel. Im not sure what you can even say that's bad about Whitley County's football program.
If it wasnt for Jep Irwin South Laurel wouldnt of had a winning season in the last decade, and somehow you all managed to even run him off.
As for the forward pass comment, how did that work out for Bowlin when he was 1 TD pass away from breaking the record at Whitley? I forget.......

We might have gotten spanked by a team from district 7, but that same team also went to the state semis. I expect nothing less from South fans though.
You want to talk about programs, South is hated more than any other school in EKY by other schools as a whole....and it's not because you win. It's because of the sheer lack of class you all show anytime someone beats you and more importantly when someone loses to you. Things were all great back when you all were successful for about 3 years. Since then it's been all quiet.
Some might not admit it here, but if there's one school everybody in EKY has absoloutly no respect for, it's yours.
Goodluck with Corbin next year. The Redhounds will prolly teach you a thing or two about football.
South fans are quite obnoxious and arrogant, especially the parents. It's like that in every sport I have seen them at, very sore losers and feel they are better than everyone.
well i have to disagree on the north comment if you look at the numbers south has dominanated them over the years
the reason why the program is so bad is the community really doesnt care when my son played we tried so hard as parents im talkin not just me alot of the parents to get the community involved but the thing we always heard was who cares they will just lose because they have noone to run the program
West 80 Wrote:South fans are quite obnoxious and arrogant, especially the parents. It's like that in every sport I have seen them at, very sore losers and feel they are better than everyone.

My point exactly.
It's always been that way.
dogface34 Wrote:well i have to disagree on the north comment if you look at the numbers south has dominanated them over the years

If you look at the numbers youll realize that over the last 10 years the series is tied at 5-5.
Before that South did beat North quite consistently, but considering the schools split only around 20 years ago, for the last decade its been dead even.
You wouldnt think that by talking to a South fan.
dogface34 Wrote:the reason why the program is so bad is the community really doesnt care when my son played we tried so hard as parents im talkin not just me alot of the parents to get the community involved but the thing we always heard was who cares they will just lose because they have noone to run the program

That where my "politics" discussion came in.
dogface34 Wrote:well i have to disagree on the north comment if you look at the numbers south has dominanated them over the years

According to khsaa, north has won 2 out of last 3 and I actually saw the game last year because it was on a Thursday and SL won on a hail Mary pass to beat NL and North actually almost still won. That would have been 3 in a row.
West 80 Wrote:According to khsaa, north has won 2 out of last 3 and I actually saw the game last year because it was on a Thursday and SL won on a hail Mary pass tbeat NL and North actually almost still won. That would have been 3 in a row.

It was not a hai mary it was a go the defender made a good pay on the ball but our receiver made a bettet pay on it and cought it and how did they almost bet us we ki kicked the ball to them they returned it and we stopped them 4 straight plays game over
South Laurel and Whitley Co. football programs have been very similar, whether you want to admit it or not. From 1992, which was South's first year, until 1999 they went 56-35 while Whitley was 59-29. I have been around these schools for many years and have never seen the arrogance you speak of around the football program, usually winning breeds arrogance and neither South or Whitley have done enough of that on the football field. The only thing you have right is the lack of support from Laurel Co. administration, unlike Whitley, whose parents continually boast about how much money they have to spend on athletics.........(Huge blowup helmets, etc, etc,).
Maybe they should have spend some of those millions on keeping Bill happy and Dalton would have stayed. Just imagine how many more yards Boston would gain with a spread field. Now you're just an offensive holding call away from punting or turning it over on downs.
footballfan23 Wrote:It was not a hai mary it was a go the defender made a good pay on the ball but our receiver made a bettet pay on it and cought it and how did they almost bet us we ki kicked the ball to them they returned it and we stopped them 4 straight plays game over

Like I said, I was there since it was a thur game and my team didn't play, the hail Mary was on a 4th down and it bounced off the defenders head or something and the wr picked it up, SL kicked and NL got to about the 10 yd line and almost scored, SL didn't stop them in 4 plays.

You are as delusional as your fans are.
Play on 4th down was 4th and 18 from South's on 8 and it was a fade to the right side for about 30 yds. North defender went for the interception for some reason and the South receiver knocked the ball out of the defenders hands up in the air and caught it and scrambled another 20 yds before being tackled. Then on 1st and 10 from North's 30, the South QB hooked up with Jeff Hale for a TD. The kickoff was returned by North to about midfield. North on 1st down ran a halfback pass that went for 40 yds to the 10. The QB for North then spiked the ball on 1st down. 2nd down, North ran a corner route that was knocked down by the DB for South. 3rd down was a crossing route in the endzone that was knocked down by the same DB. 4th down was going to be another corner route and the receiver was covered completely and North's QB was sacked. South took over with 8 secs left and took the knee............You want to watch it on tape West 80? I can probably get it youtubed.
I dont want to turn this into a South vs North thing as I actually pull for North anytime their not playing South. Some pretty good kids on that team. And I know alot of those parents.
North has the same issues as South when it comes to no support from administration......Thats why I put Laurel Co in my previous post.
hoops_town Wrote:Play on 4th down was 4th and 18 from South's on 8 and it was a fade to the right side for about 30 yds. North defender went for the interception for some reason and the South receiver knocked the ball out of the defenders hands up in the air and caught it and scrambled another 20 yds before being tackled. Then on 1st and 10 from North's 30, the South QB hooked up with Jeff Hale for a TD. The kickoff was returned by North to about midfield. North on 1st down ran a halfback pass that went for 40 yds to the 10. The QB for North then spiked the ball on 1st down. 2nd down, North ran a corner route that was knocked down by the DB for South. 3rd down was a crossing route in the endzone that was knocked down by the same DB. 4th down was going to be another corner route and the receiver was covered completely and North's QB was sacked. South took over with 8 secs left and took the knee............You want to watch it on tape West 80? I can probably get it youtubed.

Yeah it was a throw it up and hope, that is called a hail Mary. Like you also said SL didn't hold NL to 4 downs and done, NL drove it down and almost won.
hoops_town Wrote:South Laurel and Whitley Co. football programs have been very similar, whether you want to admit it or not. From 1992, which was South's first year, until 1999 they went 56-35 while Whitley was 59-29. I have been around these schools for many years and have never seen the arrogance you speak of around the football program, usually winning breeds arrogance and neither South or Whitley have done enough of that on the football field. The only thing you have right is the lack of support from Laurel Co. administration, unlike Whitley, whose parents continually boast about how much money they have to spend on athletics.........(Huge blowup helmets, etc, etc,).
Maybe they should have spend some of those millions on keeping Bill happy and Dalton would have stayed. Just imagine how many more yards Boston would gain with a spread field. Now you're just an offensive holding call away from punting or turning it over on downs.

This might be in the running for the most ridicolous post ive ever seen on BGR.
Im serious. Out of all of the complete nonsense ive seen typed on here, this one takes the cake.
Whitley was in the top 20 in the state from 1990 to 2001 in win percentage.
There have been a few bad years like 04 thru 07 and last year, however you cannot sit there and say South Laurel isnt the most arrogant ass people alive.
There is not one person who has played anything against South and left thinking you all were a classy bunch. One thing is for sure, you sure as hell dont think your crap stinks, but considering how completely awful your football program is, it realy does.
Nobody cares if a kid leaves. Its what we've been doing for years. We turn in make some great ball players and then mommy and daddy gets mad and goes for more "lucrative" oppertunities else where. That's not how this program works. We've sent better athletes to Corbin and Williamsburg then South has ever put on the field.
I hope you all keep Welch around for years and years to come so the losing can continue, and then maybe you can give him back to North.
Ive never heard one single Whitley County fan or parent "boast" about how much money they have because they dont. Most are good, hardworking people and we have some of the classiest bunch of people in the state, ask anyone who plays us year in and year out. Ask the Bell, Harlan County, and everyhone else we come in contact with. South on the otherhand is far from it. I dont know if theres even any other fan from another school on this board that would say South is a classy bunch. If you wanna talk about money, you'd think South London was Beverly Hills, but any way you slide it theres just as many rejects there as there are anywhere else.
Hopefully we'll see how well your "spread" works this year and maybe get a playoff game together. I know it would be a fun week for me. I also like how prolly spent an hoour counting up the win/loss records for both schools when i already knew. Look up from 1992 to 2001. Do away with Whitley's 5 bad years, which is reasonable, and it wount even be close. Every year is a bad year for South.