Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kellen Moore
Now that the draft is over, one name we heard a lot of over the past few years wasn't called.
My question to you Boise lovers is, what happened to a guy who led the team that most of you believed "could whip SEC teams"?

Their best player couldnt even get drafted over hundreds of players....
He wasn't their best player, just the most hyped...this is the same team that had Jared Zabransky take them to the Fiesta Bowl.
The NFL has learned enough of the Ty Dettmer and David Klingler mistakes
NothingTrivial Wrote:He wasn't their best player, just the most hyped...this is the same team that had Jared Zabransky take them to the Fiesta Bowl.

Agreed.....two of his teammates went in the first round
They did whip Georgia.
just because Moore wasn't drafted doesn't make him a bad QB. Brock Osweiler was drafted in the 2nd round, but he was smoked in the bowl game against Boise.
He signed with Detroit.
I think he'll make a good QB in the NFL...
He was a good QB for college, but will not be one in the NFL...
vundy33 Wrote:I think he'll make a good QB in the NFL...

I didnt know the NFL had a D league....

Im sure he'll be one hell of an arena football player though. He might get to back up somebody like Jared Lorenzen one of these days.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I didnt know the NFL had a D league....

Im sure he'll be one hell of an arena football player though. He might get to back up somebody like Jared Lorenzen one of these days.
It's the Bengals and BrownsConfusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Boise State had more players drafted then Kentucky and Ohio State so nothing more needs to be said about them, as far as their QB he was better than both the QB'S state or Kentucky threw out there last season.
^ Just tells you how awful both teams were last year now doesn't it???
Lets not forget Jason White, Troy Smith, and Eric Crouch were heisman winning QB's too. What you do in college wont always translate over to the NFL. Moore will be good for a few snaps in a game if the Lions are up by 30 and dont wont Stafford in there.
Jarons Wrote:It's the Bengals and BrownsConfusednicker:

Confusednicker:

I forgot about those two. Its an easy thing to do.
NothingTrivial Wrote:Lets not forget Jason White, Troy Smith, and Eric Crouch were heisman winning QB's too. What you do in college wont always translate over to the NFL. Moore will be good for a few snaps in a game if the Lions are up by 30 and dont wont Stafford in there.

:truestory:
Stardust Wrote:^ Just tells you how awful both teams were last year now doesn't it???

Tells me how good Boise was. The fact that they had 6 drafted and 2 in the 1st round and that Moore was not one of those draft picks.

Moore is not a prototype NFL QB. But damn Boise has been really good.
But the league doesn't have enough depth or starters in general that tells me that Kellen Moore isn't good enough to backup someone or even be the 3rd string. He is a winner...
FBALL Wrote:Tells me how good Boise was. The fact that they had 6 drafted and 2 in the 1st round and that Moore was not one of those draft picks.

Moore is not a prototype NFL QB. But damn Boise has been really good.

Seriously FBALL, you have no players from the most successful Big 10 team in history and it's because BSU is GOOD!!! There were more players taken from Rutgers, but that does not mean Rutgers was Good! It means college football was down, so players had to come from somewhere....:igiveup:
Draft picks by conference.

SEC — 42
Big Ten — 41
ACC — 31
Pac-12 — 28
Big 12 — 25
Non-FBS — 24
MWC — 12
Big East — 12
WAC — 11
C-USA — 10
MAC — 8
Sun Belt — 6
Ind. — 4

Looks like the SEC is best again.....
What makes any of you think Moore isn't good? His height? Competition in college? lol...
Nobody ever said the SEC wasn't the best conference. It is. But BSU is good. I don't care how down OSU and UK may be. The correlation between how many draft choices the wildcats and buckeyes had is meaningless in determining how good Boise was. Seriously, they were pretty damn good.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Draft picks by conference.

SEC — 42
Big Ten — 41
ACC — 31
Pac-12 — 28
Big 12 — 25
Non-FBS — 24
MWC — 12
Big East — 12
WAC — 11
C-USA — 10
MAC — 8
Sun Belt — 6
Ind. — 4

Looks like the SEC is best again.....

LOL @ the bolded. Moore was a good college quarterback, he might be a decent NFL backup, maybe. Football is a weird sport when it comes to translating talent from the collegiate level to the professional level, sometimes you get a Tom Brady, sometimes you get a Ryan Leaf.
^
It is funny that there were more players taken from non-D1 schools than there were the Big East lol.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
It is funny that there were more players taken from non-D1 schools than there were the Big East lol.

It's funny, but also very surprising. You would think a BCS conference would push out a little more talent than that, at least more than the Mountain West Conference.
Why has no one answered my question? Because the answer is probably "because he's from Boise State"...
^
I'll answer your question.
He sucks because he couldnt even get to the championshi playing shit poor teams week after week.
Ill never forget how all we heard about when Boise beat VTech was how damn awesome they were a couple years ago, and hell if James Madison didnt turn around and beat VTech too.

Until Boise decides to fork over the money to join a major conference, they need not be spoken of, and this year it's going to be fun to watch them get beat by more than one other shitty team.
Were Georgia and Oklahoma shitty teams?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
I'll answer your question.
He sucks because he couldnt even get to the championshi playing shit poor teams week after week.
Ill never forget how all we heard about when Boise beat VTech was how damn awesome they were a couple years ago, and hell if James Madison didnt turn around and beat VTech too.

Until Boise decides to fork over the money to join a major conference, they need not be spoken of, and this year it's going to be fun to watch them get beat by more than one other shitty team.

He literally played as good as humanly possible on that team.. That's a bullshit reason man and you know it...
FBALL Wrote:Were Georgia and Oklahoma shitty teams?

Your damn right they was. Oklahoma simply overlooked them and got beat on a gradeschool play. Georgia is in the same field as UK so yes they suck ass.