Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5.4 Million Join Disability Rolls Under Obama
Wondering what happened to those millions of people who have conveniently left the "work force" since Obama took office, thereby causing the unemployment rate to dip all the way down to 8.2 percent? Here is one place where a few of them may have taken refuge. Please pay particular attention to the bolded sentence below.

[INDENT]
Quote:[COLOR="Blue"]5.4 Million Join Disability Rolls Under Obama

A record 5.4 million workers and their dependents have signed up to collect federal disability checks since President Obama took office, according to the latest official government data, as discouraged workers increasingly give up looking for jobs and take advantage of the federal program.

This is straining already-stretched government finances while posing a long-term economic threat by creating an ever-growing pool of permanently dependent working-age Americans.

Since the recession ended in June 2009, the number of new enrollees to Social Security's disability insurance program is twice the job growth figure. (See nearby chart.) In just the first four months of this year, 539,000 joined the disability rolls and more than 725,000 put in applications.
[/COLOR]
[/INDENT]
Damn you Eric C. Conn, for getting people their disability.
Note that the number of people added to the disability roles is a record and that the rate that people are becoming "disabled" is double the rate of job growth during the same period. The Eric Conns of this world are doing very well for themselves under this president but most of the rest of us are not.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Note that the number of people added to the disability roles is a record and that the rate that people are becoming "disabled" is double the rate of job growth during the same period. The Eric Conns of this world are doing very well for themselves under this president but most of the rest of us are not.
The Eric C's were doing pretty well under Bush also.
TheRealVille Wrote:The Eric C's were doing pretty well under Bush also.
The ambulance chasers are doing record business under Obama. They are helping make Obama's unemployment rate look a little less terrible than it would otherwise look. The number of those Americans who receive food stamps is also at a record high.

Obama is succeeding in making record numbers of Americans dependent on the federal government - but that is about the only success he has enjoyed.
TheRealVille Wrote:Damn you Eric C. Conn, for getting people their disability.

Economic Stimulus Helps Americans with Disabilities

United Spinal Association is pleased to have played a part in the passing of the massive $797 billion American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (“ARRA”, HR 1). We believe that Americans with disabilities will benefit greatly from this hard won legislation.

After heated debate and intense lobbying, Congress passed this legislation on February 13, and President Obama signed it on February 17, 2009. To summarize a few provisions that United Spinal and our disability allies achieved in the bill:

$250 Emergency Payment to Veterans with Disabilities, SSI and Social Security Retirement Recipients. People with disabilities receiving Social Security Income (SSI) benefits and eligible veterans residing in the US will receive this one-time emergency payment, as will people receiving Social Security retirement benefits. Eligible veterans include those receiving VA disability compensation payments and non-service-connected pensions (for certain low-income disabled veterans). The payment is tax-exempt and will not count as income for purposes of VA or other federal benefits such as Medicaid. Payments are expected to be issued by early June 2009. Because we are a veterans service organization, this was a high priority for United Spinal Association.

Money to Help Social Security Disability Backlog. United Spinal continues to advocate for resources for the Social Security Administration to reduce the tragic backlog in processing applications for disability benefits. In bad economic times, many seniors and people with disabilities who lose their jobs and cannot find another apply for Social Security benefits. The result is huge surge in benefit applications which — without more money — would exacerbate the backlog. Congress appropriated $500 million to process the huge surge in applications, including funds for electronic medical records, as well as additional funds to replace Social Security’s antiquated National Computer Center. Without a major computer overhaul, Social Security would be unable to accept any more data as early as 2012 — which would be disastrous for people who need retirement or disability benefits.

I MEAN OBAMA MADE IT EASIER
Again it would be easier to get rid of all the programs!

Problem solved!

Next

As far as the lawyers and so forth...tort reform where if a case is loss, the loser payes all court cost...if they don't have the money, work release programs.

Next problem
TheRealVille Wrote:Damn you Eric C. Conn, for getting people their disability.

A lot of these so called disabled are people who have exhausted their unemployment benefits and are now claiming to be so stressed over that fact, and their inablility to find a job at a company that is willing to just send them a check to their house each week, they now fit the discription of being disabled. :lame: So, we now have legions of 'mentally disabled' among us.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^The massive increase in numbers of the disabled are mostly due to the softening of the federal standards and criteria under which someone may be declared disabled. Obama has his fingers in everything. It's amazing with all he has to worry about these days he has time to rewrite disablity standards.
This is yet another example of the workings of social justice.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:^The massive increase in numbers of the disabled are mostly due to the softening of the federal standards and criteria under which someone may be declared disabled. Obama has his fingers in everything. It's amazing with all he has to worry about these days he has time to rewrite disablity standards.
This is yet another example of the workings of social justice.
This softening of the disability rules started way before Obama. If you really worked construction, you know this as well as me.
TheRealVille;1435112[B Wrote:]This softening of the disability rules started way before Obama.[/B] If you really worked construction, you know this as well as me.

LOL, I got more time in the johnny than you've got on the job. As to the bolded, I disagree with you on that one. I have a close family member in safety. He has to go to court all the time on cases of alleged debilitating, job related injuries. These are actual injuries now, not the mental fakers you are so proud of, and he tells me the rules changed AFTER Obama. I'll take his word on it if it's all the same to you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:LOL, I got more time in the johnny than you've got on the job. As to the bolded, I disagree with you on that one. I have a close family member in safety. He has to go to court all the time on cases of alleged debilitating, job related injuries. These are actual injuries now, not the mental fakers you are so proud of, and he tells me the rules changed AFTER Obama. I'll take his word on it if it's all the same to you.
Remember the judge that got caught helping cases? That's what was helping the people your family member was dealing with, not Obama. You people will stop at nothing to blame Obama for every thing that goes on.

PS: If you had 23 years in the johnny, you were screwing your company pretty bad. How long have you been retired? Did you file for disability?
TheRealVille Wrote:Remember the judge that got caught helping cases? That's what was helping the people your family member was dealing with, not Obama. You people will stop at nothing to blame Obama for every thing that goes on.

PS: If you had 23 years in the johnny, you were screwing your company pretty bad. How long have you been retired? Did you file for disability?

That would explain the world view though. :hilarious:
TheRealVille Wrote:Remember the judge that got caught helping cases? That's what was helping the people your family member was dealing with, not Obama. You people will stop at nothing to blame Obama for every thing that goes on.

I see you are equally disoriented in most of your efforts to post on subject. Where did you pull the number 23 from? It doesn't have a thing to do with me unless it's my lucky number and I didn't know it. The family member I refered to operates out of Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Pennsylvania and Ohio. So, again, what are you talking about? What judge?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BillyB Wrote:That would explain the world view though. :hilarious:

Thanks, I thought I'd put it in terms you could feel at home with. I got you pegged for a pencil neck so you missed the intended satire of my post. Real Ville knows what it means unless he really does work more non-union work than union. On construction jobs, when berating a green-horn, it is a common slam to say you've got more time in taking a leak (cumulative) than they do all toll, on the job. At any rate, I'm comfortable with my world view, at least I've been out of country.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I see you are equally disoriented in most of your efforts to post on subject. Where did you pull the number 23 from? It doesn't have a thing to do with me unless it's my lucky number and I didn't know it. The family member I refered to operates out of Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Pennsylvania and Ohio. So, again, what are you talking about? What judge?
You said you had more time in the johnny than I had on the job. I've got 23 years on the job, construction that is. No greenhorn here. The judge that ruled over a bunch of cases that were handled in EKY, that is being investigated. You didn't answer the rest of the question. When did you retire? And, did you go out on disability? You are berating Obama for softening the disability rules, I think it fair to tell us if you used those softened rules.
TheRealVille Wrote:You said you had more time in the johnny than I had on the job. I've got 23 years on the job, construction that is. No greenhorn here. The judge that ruled over a bunch of cases that were handled in EKY, that is being investigated. You didn't answer the rest of the question. When did you retire? And, did you go out on disability? You are berating Obama for softening the disability rules, I think it fair to tell us if you used those softened rules.

Being as how I raised the issue, I don't mind addressing the charge you make. Before I do however, I would point out the fact that you take the very same tack on issues of our day that your comrades in arms (liberals) take, you're just looking for an edge to gain an advantage. You look for a way to attack someone at the personal level because you have great difficulty making your case based solely on the merits.

Try to understand this, I've already went through it once. I worked in the union marketplace for 35 years plus my college, and service years in the US Air Force. As far as the Johnny quip went, you should know a joke when you hear one and that one was very funny and commonplace on the jobsites I've been on. At any rate, you took a bit of a swipe at me when you hinted there could be some question of my stated career, when you said "if you really worked construction." You're not one of those dishers but no takers are you RV?

I have never been nor am I now disabled. I retired staight up because I earned the right to retire. I was out there every day, hammers ringing at 7:30a.m. and, like I've said before. If you've been at the refinery, or driven through Ashland, Kentucky, your eyes have fallen on my handiwork. You may have even stepped foot on a scaffold or two I designed. I loved my work and I would still be out there everyday if not for the dreaded "fast tracking" of every job coming and going. When dead lines became more important and were put out in front of the practical issues every job has, I bailed. To me, it's unprofessional, and against the long established union principles of workmanship, to push a job to the point of corner cutting just to make a dead line, and just feels wrong. Not to mention having to push everybody every second of every day, and it's all pointless because clients seem to never be satisfied. If you make one dead line, they just make it harder the next time. Trying to squeeze every last nickel out of every project has limits. Conditions need to be assessed and specifications need to be met, the term "workmanlike fashion" implies a two way street of payment redered for goods and sevices delivered to a professional standard, which, is defined by area practice and architectural specifications. Okay, I'm off my soap box. I'm not on disability.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Being as how I raised the issue, I don't mind addressing the charge you make. Before I do however, I would point out the fact that you take the very same tack on issues of our day that your comrades in arms (liberals) take, you're just looking for an edge to gain an advantage. You look for a way to attack someone at the personal level because you have great difficulty making your case based solely on the merits.

Try to understand this, I've already went through it once. I worked in the union marketplace for 35 years plus my college, and service years in the US Air Force. As far as the Johnny quip went, you should know a joke when you hear one and that one was very funny and commonplace on the jobsites I've been on. At any rate, you took a bit of a swipe at me when you hinted there could be some question of my stated career, when you said "if you really worked construction." You're not one of those dishers but no takers are you RV?

I have never been nor am I now disabled. I retired staight up because I earned the right to retire. I was out there every day, hammers ringing at 7:30a.m. and, like I've said before. If you've been at the refinery, or driven through Ashland, Kentucky, your eyes have fallen on my handiwork. You may have even stepped foot on a scaffold or two I designed. I loved my work and I would still be out there everyday if not for the dreaded "fast tracking" of every job coming and going. When dead lines became more important and were put out in front of the practical issues every job has, I bailed. To me, it's unprofessional, and against the long established union principles of workmanship, to push a job to the point of corner cutting just to make a dead line, and just feels wrong. Not to mention having to push everybody every second of every day, and it's all pointless because clients seem to never be satisfied. If you make one dead line, they just make it harder the next time. Trying to squeeze every last nickel out of every project has limits. Conditions need to be assessed and specifications need to be met, the term "workmanlike fashion" implies a two way street of payment redered for goods and sevices delivered to a professional standard, which, is defined by area practice and architectural specifications. Okay, I'm off my soap box. I'm not on disability.
The "if you really worked construction" wasn't a swipe at you in any way, especially whether you actually work construction. It is just a way of speaking that to let you know that if you work construction you already know that disability rules started changing before Obama got in office. I saw a great more number of people start going out on disability under Bush II, than ever before in my career. Those years were when it really started to get bad with disability retirement, at least in the construction field.
Bush must have been a busy, busy man. I don't know where he found the time to cuckle every democrat and liberal in the country...He must have! Let him go folks, he's history.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Bush must have been a busy, busy man. I don't know where he found the time to cuckle every democrat and liberal in the country...He must have! Let him go folks, he's history.
By the same token, quit blaming Obama for stuff that started under Bush. The topic of this thread is just one example.
TheRealVille Wrote:By the same token, quit blaming Obama for stuff that started under Bush. The topic of this thread is just one example.

Obama isn't history "yet", he's the man that said he was going to fix the mess Bush left. The buck no longer stops with Bush, it stops at the desk of BHO. He has shown me nothing in the form of Presidential leadership. He's a good blamer and excuse maker though.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Obama isn't history "yet", he's the man that said he was going to fix the mess Bush left. The buck no longer stops with Bush, it stops at the desk of BHO. He has shown me nothing in the form of Presidential leadership. He's a good blamer and excuse maker though.
OK, but about the topic of the thread, Obama didn't start the lax disability rules. I'm just talking about this one instance. They were blaming Obama for starting that, when it actually went one President back.
TheRealVille Wrote:OK, but about the topic of the thread, Obama didn't start the lax disability rules. I'm just talking about this one instance. They were blaming Obama for starting that, when it actually went one President back.

Look TRV, I admit my cuckle post was juvenile. EVERY time (outside of BGR) I debate current government or anything else connected to our dismal economy with my democrat/liberal friends, they can't help themselves from in some way blaming Bush. It ALWAYS goes there. I just find it funny and couldn't resist.

As far as "They were blaming Obama for starting that", I have no sympathy for Obama when he's blamed for anything. He is, beyond a shadow of doubt, the king of all blamers. He started his presidency doing it and almost three and a half years later, that's still all that comes out of his mealy mouth. IMO his little boy attitude is a disgrace to the office.
TheRealVille Wrote:The "if you really worked construction" wasn't a swipe at you in any way, especially whether you actually work construction. It is just a way of speaking that to let you know that if you work construction you already know that disability rules started changing before Obama got in office. I saw a great more number of people start going out on disability under Bush II, than ever before in my career. Those years were when it really started to get bad with disability retirement, at least in the construction field.

My bad, I misunderstood.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Look TRV, I admit my cuckle post was juvenile. EVERY time (outside of BGR) I debate current government or anything else connected to our dismal economy with my democrat/liberal friends, they can't help themselves from in some way blaming Bush. It ALWAYS goes there. I just find it funny and couldn't resist.

As far as "They were blaming Obama for starting that", I have no sympathy for Obama when he's blamed for anything. He is, beyond a shadow of doubt, the king of all blamers. He started his presidency doing it and almost three and a half years later, that's still all that comes out of his mealy mouth. IMO his little boy attitude is a disgrace to the office.

He really has brought it all on himself. And lest we should start to feel sorry for him, he has shown no mercy nor given any quarter so far, when it comes to the republicans. And FWIW, his arrogance reminds me of a kid just out of college, cock sure of everything. The president can't govern well with an attitude like that. He thinks he is smart enough to have the last word on everything. The prudent manager knows it is his subordinates which make him a success, not himself. In a word he is a novice.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Look TRV, I admit my cuckle post was juvenile. EVERY time (outside of BGR) I debate current government or anything else connected to our dismal economy with my democrat/liberal friends, they can't help themselves from in some way blaming Bush. It ALWAYS goes there. I just find it funny and couldn't resist.

I think Bush II is genuinely a good man. He reminds me of my grandpaw in his goodness, but it stops there. He might be a great man, but he's a dumbass. Not a bad thing per say, but a true statement.
TheRealVille Wrote:I think Bush II is genuinely a good man. He reminds me of my grandpaw in his goodness, but it stops there. He might be a great man, but he's a dumbass. Not a bad thing per say, but a true statement.

Economic Stimulus Helps Americans with Disabilities

United Spinal Association is pleased to have played a part in the passing of the massive $797 billion American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (“ARRA”, HR 1). We believe that Americans with disabilities will benefit greatly from this hard won legislation.

After heated debate and intense lobbying, Congress passed this legislation on February 13, and President Obama signed it on February 17, 2009. To summarize a few provisions that United Spinal and our disability allies achieved in the bill:

$250 Emergency Payment to Veterans with Disabilities, SSI and Social Security Retirement Recipients. People with disabilities receiving Social Security Income (SSI) benefits and eligible veterans residing in the US will receive this one-time emergency payment, as will people receiving Social Security retirement benefits. Eligible veterans include those receiving VA disability compensation payments and non-service-connected pensions (for certain low-income disabled veterans). The payment is tax-exempt and will not count as income for purposes of VA or other federal benefits such as Medicaid. Payments are expected to be issued by early June 2009. Because we are a veterans service organization, this was a high priority for United Spinal Association.

Money to Help Social Security Disability Backlog. United Spinal continues to advocate for resources for the Social Security Administration to reduce the tragic backlog in processing applications for disability benefits. In bad economic times, many seniors and people with disabilities who lose their jobs and cannot find another apply for Social Security benefits. The result is huge surge in benefit applications which — without more money — would exacerbate the backlog. Congress appropriated $500 million to process the huge surge in applications, including funds for electronic medical records, as well as additional funds to replace Social Security’s antiquated National Computer Center. Without a major computer overhaul, Social Security would be unable to accept any more data as early as 2012 — which would be disastrous for people who need retirement or disability benefits.

And by the way I am on disibility. I received it in Feb. after being off work since last july. So I probably benefited from the increase in funds to social security. That doesn't matter, the fact that stimulus money got people approved and cleared some of the backlog did lower the number of job seekers.

Oh, by the way I'm 57, I was on unemployment less than 8 weeks my entire life, I had back surgery last Sept., Not long after that my heart went into what is known as A-FIB, my heart's ejection fraction is 15%(look it up) I pay $800.00 a month for COBRA, I will not be eligible for medicare for 24 months. My doctors say I need a defiblator implanted but they have to wait due to goverment regulatons.

SO WHEN ALLEN GRAYSON FROM FL. SAID THAT THE REPUBICANS WANT THE SICK TO DIE HE LIED THE GOVERNMENT AS A WHOLE WANTS THE SICK TO DIE.
the other guy Wrote:Economic Stimulus Helps Americans with Disabilities

And by the way I am on disibility. I received it in Feb. after being off work since last july. So I probably benefited from the increase in funds to social security. That doesn't matter, the fact that stimulus money got people approved and cleared some of the backlog did lower the number of job seekers.

Oh, by the way I'm 57, I was on unemployment less than 8 weeks my entire life, I had back surgery last Sept., Not long after that my heart went into what is known as A-FIB, my heart's ejection fraction is 15%(look it up) I pay $800.00 a month for COBRA, I will not be eligible for medicare for 24 months. My doctors say I need a defiblator implanted but they have to wait due to goverment regulatons.
SO WHEN ALLEN GRAYSON FROM FL. SAID THAT THE REPUBICANS WANT THE SICK TO DIE HE LIED THE GOVERNMENT AS A WHOLE WANTS THE SICK TO DIE.

Hate to hear this other guy. The way retirees are treated is national shame IMO. Uncle Sam owes the ones that fought the wars and paid taxes their whole life, a lot more than some of the other spending we do. Take for instance the morally irresponsible among us. They just keep meeting new boyfriends and girlfriends and making babies out there. And, we just keep up the government funding for bad behavior. Sad, heck with the old folks. Sure you paid your dues but, we got millions out there that don't and we have to give them a life.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]