Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When Joker Gets Canned....
FBALL Wrote:It's just RunItUpTheGut. That is not necessarily a good thing.

lol, dont be mad people dont agree with you and agree with me. I know it has to be eating you alive, but try to stay strong. Dont start crying on us now.
FBALL Wrote:A winning record and a bowl game at UK IS a successful season.

Hopefully over time we get those standards raised but historically speaking brooks and Joker have been as good as anybody UK has ever had except Bryant.

Thats what were all saying.
Why settle for bullshit and 6-6 or 7-5 seasons.
Look, Joke sucks. Its that simple.
I dont blame him though as much as i do Barnhart and the rest for not firing him.
Whats wrong with the fans of KY to want better? Just because were not a powerhouse in football doesnt mean we cant go out and get a better coach.
Its time for a change....
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:lol, dont be mad people dont agree with you and agree with me. I know it has to be eating you alive, but try to stay strong. Dont start crying on us now.

Read back through it genius.

The use of the word "genius" is sarcasm just in case you couldn't figure that out.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Thats what were all saying.
Why settle for bullshit and 6-6 or 7-5 seasons.
Look, Joke sucks. Its that simple.
I dont blame him though as much as i do Barnhart and the rest for not firing him.
Whats wrong with the fans of KY to want better? Just because were not a powerhouse in football doesnt mean we cant go out and get a better coach.
Its time for a change....

First off. Were vs we're. You figure it out.

Nothing is wrong with wanting better. We all want better. Joker helped get this program at the very least back to the point of respectability. Consistency is what builds good programs. Football more so than any other sport because of the numbers.

If the program starts going backwards or stalls then yes a change would be warranted. That has not proven to be the case in Jokers short tenure as head coach.

I've still not read any specific examples of why Joker is a bad coach.
FBALL Wrote:Read back through it genius.

The use of the word "genius" is sarcasm just in case you couldn't figure that out.

It's okay little buddy.
Let it all out. We understand.
FBALL Wrote:First off. Were vs we're. You figure it out.

Nothing is wrong with wanting better. We all want better. Joker helped get this program at the very least back to the point of respectability. Consistency is what builds good programs. Football more so than any other sport because of the numbers.

If the program starts going backwards or stalls then yes a change would be warranted. That has not proven to be the case in Jokers short tenure as head coach.

I've still not read any specific examples of why Joker is a bad coach.

I love how you go back to being the grammer police once you have nothing to say.
Its very enlightning.
There are three paragraphs after that sentence. It's not my fault you can't comprehend little buddy. Learn the English language and how to write it.

Still waiting on anything specific as to why Joker is a bad coach.

If ignorance is bliss you must be one of the happiest campers on the face of the Earth.
Strikeout King Wrote:FBALL why would you want to keep the joke? Do you not follow Kentucky Football or something? He's horrible. He can barely beat Western Kentucky, a team that he shouldn't have a problem with. Petrino is a hell of a coach and he'll have a job before next season

The same WKU that played a hell of a game against LSU, and gave them everything they wanted for 3 quarters?
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:The same WKU that played a hell of a game against LSU, and gave them everything they wanted for 3 quarters?

42-9. Now that sure looks like Western Gave them all they want. huh?
Strikeout King Wrote:42-9. Now that sure looks like Western Gave them all they want. huh?

14-7 @ halftime.
^ That may have been the 2nd half was all LSU. Kentucky barely escaped Western
That last quarter was a bitch!

You can't hold Uk football to the LSU standard. It would be like the reverse in basketball.

WKU was not a bad team. One of the better rushing offenses in the Country and the UK defense pretty much stonewalled them. The problem in that game as in most was Newton.
Final score doesn't always tell the whole story.
Strikeout King Wrote:^ That may have been the 2nd half was all LSU. Kentucky barely escaped Western

A win is a win.
FBALL Wrote:Final score doesn't always tell the whole story.

I know there was couple times that Western screwed up, I don't exactly remember what it was but if they hadn't screwed up they would have beat Kentucky. Everyone was talking about it, if Western hadn't messed up they would have beat UK
MVP2 Wrote:A win is a win.

A win is a win whether it's ugly or pretty but Kentucky is and never will be nothing in Football until they get rid of the Joke and Barnhart get's some common sense and put more into football then what he does and brings in someone who knows how to win. Joker does not
Strikeout King Wrote:I know there was couple times that Western screwed up, I don't exactly remember what it was but if they hadn't screwed up they would have beat Kentucky. Everyone was talking about it, if Western hadn't messed up they would have beat UK

You could say the same thing about Kentucky in that game. A couple of mistakes by Newton kept Kentucky from pulling away. Receivers dropping balls when he actually did throw them. Just getting rid of the ball instead of taking a sack.
Newton is horrible. I don't see how he got so much pop while he was in high school
I wonder if these guys realise we did the same thing with brooks before he started winning?
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:I wonder if these guys realise we did the same thing with brooks before he started winning?

They are about the same when they first started. Joker is 11-13 while Brooks was 11-12. Brooks is a way better coach tho, 46-51 with 4 Bowl appearances 3 Win and 1 Bowl loss. If Joker can't get the job done this year then it's time for a change and actually get someone that will recruit from all over instead of Georgia and Tennessee those are 3* Recruits
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:I wonder if these guys realise we did the same thing with brooks before he started winning?
No.

Ups and downs. It's going to happen.
Strikeout King Wrote:They are about the same when they first started. Joker is 11-13 while Brooks was 11-12. Brooks is a way better coach tho, 46-51 with 4 Bowl appearances 3 Win and 1 Bowl loss. If Joker can't get the job done this year then it's time for a change and actually get someone that will recruit from all over instead of Georgia and Tennessee those are 3* Recruits

That's the same exact recruiting strategy they used when Brooks was there. Brooks wa 6-17 in his first two seasons. Not 11-12. Brooks was 3-8 his third year so his first three record was 9-25.
FBALL Wrote:That's the same exact recruiting strategy they used when Brooks was there. Brooks wa 9-17 in his first two seasons. Not 11-12. Brooks was 3-8 his third year so his first three record was 12-25.

nevermind I got the dates all mixed up for some reason. But he's still a better coach than the Joke ever will be

They need a new recruiting strategy because it's not working
Strikeout King Wrote:Look it up again.

Brooks took over in 2002.

2002: 7-5
2003: 4-8

That equals - 11-12

Brooks was 2-9 in his 3rd year

They need a new recruiting strategy because it's not working

Wrong again.

2002 they were 7-5 under Guy Morris.

My numbers were right. Go look it up again.

The recruiting strategy is fine. Two can't miss 4 star playmakers that turn into busts are a killer. One from Indiana and one from Lexington.
so it's fine to settle for, up to 3* Recruits while other Colleges get 4*, 5* Recruits? That's why we get our asses kicked every game.
He got 4* recruits. I'm just saying when you get to kids that EVERYBODY says can't miss and they do miss its a killer.

You can thank me for the correct numbers whenever you like.
he needs another place to recruit besides Tennessee and Georgia. Maybe try and go to Florida, California, Texas, The Carolina's and all of those places
Stay out of Tenn and Ga no Cobb, no Woodyard.

Matthews was from Cali. Trevathan from Florida, Hartline From Ohio, Cartier Rice was highly regarded coming out of south Carolina.

The state of Georgia has been very good to UK through the Brooks and Phillips years.
and that's why we're at the bottom of the SEC year in and year out. I know LSU, Bama, Florida, South Carolina are powerhouses but if we atleast done something with the program to make it better we should be middle of the pack and not struggling to beat Tennessee
^ it is difficult for East teams, even the Big programs, to recruit anywhere wast if the Mississippi.