Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When Joker Gets Canned....
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Kentucky has always sucked anyone who thinks there will be a change needs a kick in the ass for being stupid. The win over Tennessee did nothing for Joker, you cant get fired for having a season that was well average by Uk standards, Barnhart will stick by his words you hve joker for two more years deal with it. Quit name calling, and calling him joke and stupid stuff like that. The man played college, and proffesional football, and is a D-1 head coach. Obviously he knows his stuff, and maybe just maybe he knows a little bit more than we do about football. I promise you no coach would do any better at uk.

So your fine with 5 or less wins a season?

If you all wanna continue losing then it's all but fine with me, then maybe you all will see where we're coming from

KENTUCKY DOES NEED A CHANGE, JOKER SUCKS AND WILL ALWAYS SUCK!
MVP2 Wrote:SOK, I'll bet you. UK gets aleast 5 wins, you lose and cant post on here for 2 weeks. IF they only win 4 or less you win and I cant post for a 2 weeks.

Deal?

I can't do that. I can do an Avatar bet tho.

How about you take 6+ wins and I'll take 5 or less?
I wouldn't throw South Caroina in that group. Spurrier is on a decent run the last couple of years but historically speaking the Gamecocks aren't much better than Kentucky.
FBALL Wrote:I wouldn't throw South Caroina in that group. Spurrier is on a decent run the last couple of years but historically speaking the Gamecocks aren't much better than Kentucky.

That's true but the thing is Kentucky can't beat Steve Spurrier. Kentucky is like 1-17 against him. Not sure what it is about him but he get's the best of us. He could take the worse team in the Nation, while we would have the best and he would find ways to beat us
Joker beat him. Lol
By 3. What happened last year? 54-3
Strikeout King Wrote:So your fine with 5 or less wins a season?

If you all wanna continue losing then it's all but fine with me, then maybe you all will see where we're coming from

KENTUCKY DOES NEED A CHANGE, JOKER SUCKS AND WILL ALWAYS SUCK!

Of course Im not fine with it. But I can actually grasp a situation no one else on here can, NOTHING WILL EVER CHANGE. It never has it never will. The best you can hope for if you want a winning program, is to hope Joker wins, The man beat Tennessee for the first time since Hair Bands without a damn qb, adding in that Tennessee NEEDED that game to go to a bowl that should show some coaching ability. The fact of the matter is we have three strong recruiting classes by our standards coming of age. Next year will be better than this year. We have another good class coming in, but until we build facilities, and spend money like Alabama and florida we will be stuck bottom feeding in the SEC. Look at SEC recruiting budgets then look at how the teams fare and you might realise the correlation. If you cant realise that then you might as well quit watching Kentucky football. Its been like this for a long time and will never change.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Of course Im not fine with it. But I can actually grasp a situation no one else on here can, NOTHING WILL EVER CHANGE. It never has it never will. The best you can hope for if you want a winning program, is to hope Joker wins, The man beat Tennessee for the first time since Hair Bands without a damn qb, adding in that Tennessee NEEDED that game to go to a bowl that should show some coaching ability. The fact of the matter is we have three strong recruiting classes by our standards coming of age. Next year will be better than this year. We have another good class coming in, but until we build facilities, and spend money like Alabama and florida we will be stuck bottom feeding in the SEC. Look at SEC recruiting budgets then look at how the teams fare and you might realise the correlation. If you cant realise that then you might as well quit watching Kentucky football. Its been like this for a long time and will never change.

Then that's when they need a New AD, someone that will actually put effort into making all sports at UK into something besides basketball. I love UK, UK basketball, football, baseball, softball and all the sports but they need someone that's gonna make changes to build the programs up. Basketball (Men and Women's), baseball and softball are great.
FBALL Wrote:We will see.

I don't understand how So many can hate he guy so much. Still nothing.

I don't hate Joker. But to give it a quick stab, the things I question are his playcalling, as well as his ability to teach his players discipline. The latter is my big pet peeve with him. We cannot get silly penalties and make stupid mistakes against the big (or small) teams in the SEC. Second, the team just looks flat and unmotivated some games. His teams don't consistently play with the fire that it takes to be successful in the SEC. I can go further if you would like, but to make it short that is what I am seeing from his teams that I don't like.
WideRight05 Wrote:I don't hate Joker. But to give it a quick stab, the things I question are his playcalling, as well as his ability to teach his players discipline. The latter is my big pet peeve with him. We cannot get silly penalties and make stupid mistakes against the big (or small) teams in the SEC. Second, the team just looks flat and unmotivated some games. His teams don't consistently play with the fire that it takes to be successful in the SEC. I can go further if you would like, but to make it short that is what I am seeing from his teams that I don't like.

Thank you. First person to give it a shot.

I disagree with the play calling and his teams being flat. I could see the part about the stupid penalties.
Strikeout King Wrote:By 3. What happened last year? 54-3

Each is one in the win column.

The performance at SC last year was awful. Kind of like the beat down Brooks and company took in Baton Rouge the year before they beat the Tigers in Commonwealth.
Barnhart has been very good. The football program has gotten better. Baseball has gotten better. Women's basketball and softball have made gray strides.
We'll see how much you Joker lovers like it after an even worse season this year.
I know its pointless to try and talk sense into some of you, but there will be more excuses im sure. It never fails that fans will always be blind to pure stupidity of coaches, but if im going to pay and see UK play, then i expect more from the football team. Its not wrong for you all to want better as well, but with Joker we will never have it.