Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Lofton - The Next 3 Point King
Yellow Snow Wrote:Venom......the top recruits see it just the way you described. One bad shot and they're on the bench. That's one reason why Tubby whiffs on the top recruits. ( see Hansbrough, Young, Wright, etc ) Nobody who wants to take their game to the next level wants to try to improve their stock playing Tubby ball. I know I sure wouldn't.

You are right on. No high school stud wants to come here and go from averaging 30 to single digits. Playing ball line defense isn't going to get them a lottery pick in the NBA draft. UK has the atheletes to run up and down court and play 4o minutes of "hell" basketball. I don't question Tubby as a coach or person, I just don't like his style of ball and neither do the top high school players in the country.
corndog23 Wrote:what, do you have breast implants??:flame: Smile

Nope......just 'huge pecs'......:Thumbs: j/k
venom93 Wrote:You are right on. No high school stud wants to come here and go from averaging 30 to single digits. Playing ball line defense isn't going to get them a lottery pick in the NBA draft. UK has the atheletes to run up and down court and play 4o minutes of "hell" basketball. I don't question Tubby as a coach or person, I just don't like his style of ball and neither do the top high school players in the country.

Funny thing is some high school studs still want to come because UK is ranked as the 11th best class for next year, and could still land huge recruits Tyler Smith and Phil Jones...Then the 2007 class has some ridiculous studs on the waiting list, so something is still drawing them in about Tubby...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
We'll see what those studs do next year, before they transfer to somewhere else because they aren't getting any playing time or get yanked everytime they miss a defensive assignment or miss a jumper. These guys coming in next year aren't going to be the saviors. A couple "project" players and no power forward. Just the kind of class we needed.
Smith will never come to UK ( Memphis is his favorite ) and Jones is considered a 'project'. Tubby seems to love those kind. ( see Shag, Woo, Carter, Thomas, Williams...etc ) If you read his recruiting blog, it lists 'height' as his major asset. UK already has height. They need a monster power forward, not a PROJECT.

Get a clue, alphus.....

BTW......the guy in the pic at the top of the page is Adolph Rupp, former coach of the University of Kentucky Wildcats. ( 4 NCAA titles - all with his 'OWN' players ) Just thought you may have missed that while reading your many books you have checked out of the library on UK basketball......Smile
venom93 Wrote:We'll see what those studs do next year, before they transfer to somewhere else because they aren't getting any playing time or get yanked everytime they miss a defensive assignment or miss a jumper. These guys coming in next year aren't going to be the saviors. A couple "project" players and no power forward. Just the kind of class we needed.

Yeah after all, rewarding guys for missing defensive assignments is what you should do...Just leave them in for not playing defense or taking an ill-advised jump shot...Sounds like a great plan to me...Give me a break man...And you obviously have no idea about anything reguarding next year's recruiting class, because there are no projects in it...Porter would be the only one considered that(maybe) but he a great athlete that turned down a football scholly to USC to play ball for UK...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yellow Snow Wrote:Smith will never come to UK ( Memphis is his favorite ) and Jones is considered a 'project'. Tubby seems to love those kind. ( see Shag, Woo, Carter, Thomas, Williams...etc ) If you read his recruiting blog, it lists 'height' as his major asset. UK already has height. They need a monster power forward, not a PROJECT.

Get a clue, alphus.....

BTW......the guy in the pic at the top of the page is Adolph Rupp, former coach of the University of Kentucky Wildcats. ( 4 NCAA titles - all with his 'OWN' players ) Just thought you may have missed that while reading your many books you have checked out of the library on UK basketball......Smile

Memphis AND UK are his favorite..Jones is not considered a project anymore as originally thought, and if he is then why in the world does UCONN want him so bad? Seems to me that he must be pretty good to have UK and UCONN after him...Perrry Stevenson will be a great power foward after putting on some weight..He has the build that Joakim Noah had when he came to Florida, and it looks like he does a pretty darn good job of holding his own...The 2007 class is full of pretty much nothing but huge power fowards that are serious about coming to UK, and Stevenson and Perry could hold down the fort next year....

Yeah I know about Rupp and his 4 titles.............In 40+ years...1 Title every 10+ seasons, but funny how he's still considered so great...By the way...You're misinformed on me reading books about UK..That was corndog who said that, not me...So let it go...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tomcat68 Wrote:Wow did you not even look at the stats that were posted? Redick is considered the best "shooter" in college basketball and Lofton's numbers beat him out. 44% on the season is a great 3 point percentage. Redick is sitting at 42% this season. Redick's BEST shooting season is LOWER than Lofton's WORST shooting season. People need to get over the fact that he isn't at UK because of the recruiting process and give this Kentucky native some props. He's arguable the BEST 3 point shooter by quantity combined with percentage in the entire nation.

Well evey time he got the ball in the SEC and NCAA tourny he shot it ! The best player on that Tennesse team is CJ Watson ! I don't care if he played for Kentucky or not he probley wouldnt be as good as he he is at UT !
blackcat_student Wrote:Well evey time he got the ball in the SEC and NCAA tourny he shot it ! The best player on that Tennesse team is CJ Watson ! I don't care if he played for Kentucky or not he probley wouldnt be as good as he he is at UT !

Well do you have a preference of a player to compare his numbers to since Redick's comparison isn't good enough for you? Not to mention the fact that this thread has nothing to do with anything other than the fact of his marvelous 3 point shooting through the first 2 seasons of his college career which is apparent by any view you can take looking at the stats.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
I really dont give a two shoe about JJ reddick ! I'm not trying to compare any player to Chris Lofton he has a quick release ! He is a good player ! But the only reason this is brought up is that it gose back to Tubby Smith and Why he didnt recruit him !
No actually I started this thread, and it has nothing to do with with the fact that he didn't go to UK. He went to Mason County who is in our district in football. We played against him twice my senior year and I gained a lot of respect for him as a football player. That led me to follow his basketball career, because as great of a receiver as he was, he was supposed to be an even greater basketball player. Since then, I've kept track of everything he's done and I'm proud of his accomplishments and want to bring them to the forefront for people to see. I thought that most people would be happy to see a Kentucky native doing so well at the collegiate level, especially when his numbers faired so favorably to the arch enemy of UK (Duke's JJ Redick). This thread had nothing to do with Chris not going to UK or him not being recruited by Tubby. I just wanted to give props to a great young man and Kentucky native that is on pace to break a record that his gotten much publicity this season.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Oh yeah I'm glad that he is reprsenting our state at another states school ! I understand where your coming from ! I feel the same way about David Jones who I dispised at Belfry, I gained alot of respect for him when he went to UK ! But I really all I tried to say is that he is a over confident player, after that 31 point perfomance against UK !
blackcat_student Wrote:Oh yeah I'm glad that he is reprsenting our state at another states school !

He had to go to another state school because our state school didn't want him. Great job Tubby.:redboxer:
Yellow Snow Wrote:He had to go to another state school because our state school didn't want him. Great job Tubby.:redboxer:

And Rick Pitino, and Bob Huggins...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
And every other school in the nation!