Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overreem Responds to Failed Drug Test
Take from via a response he left on the "underground forum"...

Throughout my entire career, not once has anything entered my body which I did not approve of. Every single calorie eaten, every ounce of blood drawn, it has all been documented, and it all leads to one unavoidable conclusion. I have always complied with the rules of the fighting organisations of which I have been a member, and I have never used any illegal performance-enhancing substances.

So how did I fail a drug test? The answer is quite simple. It is not I who failed, it is the drug test that has failed. The Nevada State Athletic Commission and the World Anti-Doping Agency are using testing methods that trail the advances of science by several decades. My elevated testosterone levels are not the result of any cheating or illegal activities. I had no unfair advantages during my fights.

I am, quite simply, a better human being.

The advanced training methods I used, particularly those implemented by the Chinese government, are so precise that they can alter the body, down to its chemical composition. Had the test been advanced enough, it would also have shown that my atomic composition is what they would consider “abnormal”. While the average human has 0.00000000003 grams of radium, my body contains nearly 2,000 times that amount. This is a result of several years of experimenting and tweaking my diet, mostly by replacing protein shakes with white wine.

White wine? Really?

If he cannot fight, I think Frank Mir should be next in line but the fan favorite is Mark Hunt.
Haha..The Chael Sonnen defense? Didnt work for chael, wont work for him. "Im just to god damned macho for standardized testing". If he is so far above average why didnt it show up in the test's for the fight with Lesnar? Chalk it up to being caught, get you're levels back to normal and try to plead with the commission.
Im a huge Mir fan and think he should get it, If Mark Hunt gets a title shot....I swear on my life ill never waste my time on another heavyweight title fight. I saw an article where Jon Jones said he would entertain the thought of moving up to fight Dos Santos if he didnt take too much damage in the Evans fight. I know its a million to one shot, but id love to see him beat Evans and drop the belt and move up. The move to heavyweight is gonna happen one day, but Dana White wants to put it off until there are no other options at 205, which after Evans who is there? Maybe Henderson?
In 5 years Overeem has put on 40 pounds of muscle.....is that possible?

I am a Mir fan as well and during an interview the other day he said he would be pissed if Mark Hunt was offerred the title shot.

After Evans I would have to say Henderson. However, Jon Jones jumping to heavyweight? Instead of that, how about having him drop down and fight Silva.
40lbs of muscle in 5 years when your full time job is working out, absolutely possible...I would go as far as saying it would be easy if you followed a strict diet designed specifically for your needs. Jones dropping to 185? He has a hard time making 205, no way in the world he would have a chance of making 185. Silva runs and try's his best to get out of any fight that is even slightly challenging. He has spent a year crying about Chael Sonnen, He was all for fighting at 205 until a few guys emerged as Phenoms.
NothingTrivial Wrote:40lbs of muscle in 5 years when your full time job is working out, absolutely possible...I would go as far as saying it would be easy if you followed a strict diet designed specifically for your needs. Jones dropping to 185? He has a hard time making 205, no way in the world he would have a chance of making 185. Silva runs and try's his best to get out of any fight that is even slightly challenging. He has spent a year crying about Chael Sonnen, He was all for fighting at 205 until a few guys emerged as Phenoms.

Silva isn't known to go attack someone. He seems to hold people off and then make a move when there is an opening.

I can see your point about Jones dropping to 185. In reality he probably walks around at 215 or 220.
Im not talking about during the fight....Im talking about before fights. It doesnt matter who they put him in front of him...If they have a legit chance of beating him he talks about how they dont deserve the title shot for 4 months before the fight. Silva walks around at 210-215....Jones is in the upper part of the 220's when he isnt fighting.
NothingTrivial Wrote:Im not talking about during the fight....Im talking about before fights. It doesnt matter who they put him in front of him...If they have a legit chance of beating him he talks about how they dont deserve the title shot for 4 months before the fight. Silva walks around at 210-215....Jones is in the upper part of the 220's when he isnt fighting.

Gotcha...

If Silva walks around at that weight, you would think he would take a stab at Light Heavyweight. I realize in reality he would probably get beat but he would pose an interesting match up for some of the fighters in that class.
He absolutely would...He did wreck James Irvin and Forrest Griffin at 205, but those matchups were tailor made for him. 2 guys who like to stand and get hit is right up his alley. He was huge at 205 though...Just look at him compared to Griffin who walks around in the high 230's.

[Image: http://urdirt.com/wp-content/uploads/200...orrest.jpg]
NothingTrivial Wrote:He absolutely would...He did wreck James Irvin and Forrest Griffin at 205, but those matchups were tailor made for him. 2 guys who like to stand and get hit is right up his alley. He was huge at 205 though...Just look at him compared to Griffin who walks around in the high 230's.

[Image: http://urdirt.com/wp-content/uploads/200...orrest.jpg]

From looking at the pic he looks like he is better suited for 205 than 185.
Exactly, except for the fact that the fights at 205 are a lot tougher.
I don't think it would even be healthy for Jones to drop to 185 lol
^Exactly. Im excited for a move to heavyweight sometime in the future.