Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2006 Kapos State Competition Results
If anybody has any results please post them here! Thanx!
I believe that Madison Central won in Small Division, Perry Central was second and Pikeville was third. 
north laurel was third  pikeville fourth
Tradition Cheer & Pom

5th - Wayne County
4th - Pikeville White
3rd - Madison Central
2nd - Williamsburg
1st - George Rogers Clark

2 1/2 Medium

5th - Reidland
4th - Madisonville North Hopkins
3rd - Butler Traditional
2nd - Tates Creek
1st - Hazard.

Good Job Girls.
Sweet 16 In game situation -

1st - Madison Central
2nd - Hazard
3rd - Johnson Central
4th - Shelby County
K/PEP - Appolo

Congrats Everyone!!!
Does anyone know how Magoffin did?
Small 2-1/2 minute routine
1st-Madison Central
2nd-Perry Central (red)
3rd-North Laurel
4th-Pikeville(Maroon)
5th-Henderson (Maroon)

Large2-1/2 minute routine
1st-Dunbar
2nd-Anderson County(blue)
3rd-Daviess County
4th-GRC(white)
5th-Corbin

Co-ed 2-1/2 minute routine
1st-Graves County
2nd-Bullitt county
3rd-Somerset
4th-Henry Clay
5th-Oldham County
So Magoffin didn't place in anything???
Congradulations to all the winners!!!  Congradulations to all the girls and guys who participated!!!Everyone did a great job!!!  It was a great day!  Congrats to our locals...both Pikeville squads took 4th in their divisions!! Congrats to Lisa Wheeler!! and to Hazard!

A special congrats to Belfry Coed (JV)  they didn't place in the top 5 but they are a JV squad and it was their first trip, they are young, have never been coed and they tied for 7 place with only a 5 point difference from the 5th place winners.  Not taking away from anyone!!!  But we are all very proud of our young squad!!!!   Way to go girls!!  You were up against some real strong competition!!  Great job!!!
in traditonal grc won thats three years in a row big surprise but good job girls liked the cheer but i loved pikeville and williamsburgs dances they were very cute so the order went 1-grc 2-williamsburg 3-maidson central 4-pikeville *white* 5-wayne county the comp. results pretty much go like last years did grc williamsburg madison and pville always up there pikevilles squad was also the only jr/freshman squad there awesome job for such little girls

in medium i knew from the start the comp. was with tates creek and hazard but something happened that tates creek stepped on a sign and hazard won but im so proud and happy for hazard they did awesome and deserved it 

in small pikeville *maroon* had some mistakes some tumbling issues and stepping on signs i also heard that they had to change something in their routine to go along with the rules and they had a girl not go all the way to a libery just an elevator and they still placed 4th among the comp. so they did great also bounder fulls were hit north laurel did awesome as well they had doubles and baskets and good squad tumbling i was very impressed pcc did good they hit everything had no flaws but i guess madison was who the judges thought were better they did awesome congrats girls

in large there was no competition here dunbar came out with the big win thats a 3peat of national titles and state champs in the same years who can top this? outstanding

coed graves 1st no surprise 2nd bullit central 3rd somerset -awesome job 4th-henry clay great tumbling and 5th oldham county

so the entire day was some awesome cheerleading congrats to all squads
[quote author=hornet32 link=topic=21071.msg213645#msg213645 date=1142739292]
[/quote]
Magoffin did very well in their first ever appaerance!!! Although, the didn't place in the top 5, the proved that they belonged!! I was very happy for them.
According to the Sweet 16 program on the Kapos history of past Traditional State At -Large winners. GRC has won 11 of  the last 12 years. Starting in 1995- 2001.. In 2002 Madison Central Won. GRC has then won again 203-2006.
in 2002 pikeville won traditonal the next year they decided to go co-ed and grc has taken the wins since then
[quote author=Tweety link=topic=21071.msg213654#msg213654 date=1142740059]
Congradulations to all the winners!!!  Congradulations to all the girls and guys who participated!!!Everyone did a great job!!!  It was a great day!  Congrats to our locals...both Pikeville squads took 4th in their divisions!! Congrats to Lisa Wheeler!! and to Hazard!

A special congrats to Belfry Coed (JV)  they didn't place in the top 5 but they are a JV squad and it was their first trip, they are young, have never been coed and they tied for 7 place with only a 5 point difference from the 5th place winners.  Not taking away from anyone!!!  But we are all very proud of our young squad!!!!   Way to go girls!!  You were up against some real strong competition!!  Great job!!!
[/quote]

pikevilles jrhigh/freshman squad went coed in 2003 and got 3rd with one boy and  5th 6th 7th 8th and 9th graders
Congratulations to all the squads @ KAPOS State At-Large yesterday! Getting there is an honor and getting to compete a thrill! I watched every squad yesterday and was filled with emotion for all! The year-in-year-out champions working to maintain champion status, the always bridemaids working to become the bride, and then the first timers giving their all, but walking out there with a "deer caught in headlights" quality about them... only to have their hometown fans roar their approval as their kids begin their routine. To see those girls settle into the understanding that they BELONG.... well, it was quite something. I don't much agree with posting anything other than the top five places, so i won't. I will say that the 15th was well represented and every 15th region squad there, did a nice job. I look forward to try-outs, hard working Summers, and next year! I would also like to Thank BGR for giving our Sport its own forum for expression!
Congratulations to the Hazard cheerleaders, they were awesome.  Both Hazard and Tates Creek had technical points deducted so I think the deductions did not make that much of an effect.  There were many squads that had technical deductions...congratulations to all the girls great job!
yeah thats one thing i really dislike about kapos is the technical judging sometimes its a little overboard
[quote author=The Guru link=topic=21071.msg213716#msg213716 date=1142746039]
[quote author=hornet32 link=topic=21071.msg213645#msg213645 date=1142739292]
[/quote]
Magoffin did very well in their first ever appaerance!!! Although, the didn't place in the top 5, the proved that they belonged!! I was very happy for them.
[/quote]
Thank u very much we appreciate the support. We have come a long way this year and worked extremly hard to get a chance at state.
[quote author=cheer_leader link=topic=21071.msg213752#msg213752 date=1142780728]
in 2002 pikeville won traditonal the next year they decided to go co-ed and grc has taken the wins since then
[/quote]

pikeville won traditional in the girls varsity competition that year.    Madison central won in the boys varsity competition.