Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley co 2012
can anyone tell me if coach black is incorporating any of his air attack he had success with when he was at Williamsburg into the Whitley offense. It would help Whitley out tremendously in opening up the run game.
I dont believe he ever will to be quite honest.
He tried with no success in 06 an 07 which were two of our worst years in the past 20 and decided to change it up and in doing so got Whitley to a state semi appearance in 08.
This veer type option offense Whitley runs is very effective and when run right, can really control the clock.
IMHO, this is the best chance theyve had to do that since 09. They have good enough athletes to run more of the option that was so successful, but it relly depends on how much the QB matures. He'll be starting his secondyear as a sophomore, but given time, I think he will be able to make the successful reads this year in order to move the ball like Lebanion did a few years back.

With the schedule, a 5-5 record would be considered pretty good, but i think they can surprise some people. I wouldnt be surprised to see Whitley anywhere from 3-7 to 7-3, but anything over that means were very good, and i just dont think we have the numbers or line to be that good. After finally getting out and talking to a few of the players and seeing what we have and how were doing, i expect to have arond 40 to 50 guys out with aound 20 seeing considerable playing time. If we can get that number and some of the younge guys can step up and keep these guys from playing both ways, then we could be alright.
with boyle, letcher, harlan co, and bell the colones have their work cut out for them. one heck of a tough schedule.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im excited about this year but it could get away from us quickly and kill moral with a schedule like this.
I hope we have good games against Russell and Rock to start the year off and if we could pull and upset of Bell then things could go well the rest of the year.

If everything works out well, we should have around 16 Seniors, 10 Juniors, 15 Sophomores, and around 20 Fresh. As well all know, numbers drop off when it comes time to actually play and practice, but Im expecting 50 players dressed atleast and this is with almost everyone returning except a few key lineman. This is where the season will be decided. If we can have a lot of guys grow up and get ready to play on the line then we should be fine. IMHO, our backfield will be stacked.

Whitley has 28 players out counted them last week and again tonight
topnotch Wrote:Whitley has 28 players out counted them last week and again tonight

No you didn't OR you can't count. Never had 28. 38 tonight and about the same every other night. Actually 41 tonight with the 3 in shorts and helmets.
As i said in a different thread i had counted 37 last week when i was out there, and there was talk of adding a cuple with school starting.
Sounds like somebody ran out of fingers and toes.

Oh ad i got to give you credit fever, i was expecting closeto ten more kids but you called it right on the head.