Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK faces uncertain future
It took 14 years for Kentucky to reach title No. 8. To repeat, the Wildcats' magic number may be seven.

That's how many players coach John Calipari could lose from his roster that helped him win his first national championship. Only freshman forward Kyle Wiltjer is certain to return from the regular rotation.

Now that the confetti has been collected and the banner unfurled at Rupp Arena, it's time for the talent exodus to the NBA while fans debate where this team ranks among Lexington's other title teams.

Kentucky loses seniors Darius Miller and seldom-used Eloy Vargas. The rest - freshmen Anthony Davis, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Marquis Teague and sophomores Doron Lamb and Terrence Jones - are weighing their options on turning pro.

http://www.wkyt.com/sports/headlines/UK_...91275.html
I know Calipari is the best recruiter in the country, but replacing 7 spots will be incredibly tough and honestly, i think it'll be too much for him
Replacing 6 spots will be tough. As much as I love Vargas, the 7th shouldn't be too tough to fill.
It all depends on what kind of class we got coming in.
Honestly, we could have 5 freshmen starting next year if everyone leaves, or atleast 4.
RoShamBo Wrote:Replacing 6 spots will be tough. As much as I love Vargas, the 7th shouldn't be too tough to fill.

There are plenty of mop handles laying around
If all of those leave the line-up that is CURRENTLY on the team would be:

Jarrod Polson
Twany Beckham
Ryan Harrow
Jon Hood
Kyle Wiltjer

That team might now win 10 games! WOW!

Are any of the incoming freshmen committed yet?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^Goodwin and Poythress would start.
LWC Wrote:If all of those leave the line-up that is CURRENTLY on the team would be:

Jarrod Polson
Twany Beckham
Ryan Harrow
Jon Hood
Kyle Wiltjer

That team might now win 10 games! WOW!

Are any of the incoming freshmen committed yet?

Harrow could win 10 games by himself. I think Harrow will be a major key next year in returning to the Final Four. This sit out year for him will make a huge difference next season.
RoShamBo Wrote:^Goodwin and Poythress would start.

Are they 100% committed?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cauley Goodwin and Poythress have signed letters of intent. I just looked, lol. Add that to the list of:

Archie Goodwin
Alex Poythress
Jarrod Polson
Twany Beckham
Ryan Harrow
Jon Hood
Kyle Wiltjer
Willie Cauley

Remember that Shabazz and Noel might still come. Hopefully at least one of them does.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stardust Wrote:There are plenty of mop handles laying around

You realise you are insulting a guy who has a championship ring from Kentucky Basketball.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:You realise you are insulting a guy who has a championship ring from Kentucky Basketball.

Yes, the team trainer assistants who hand out towels and bring the players water get a ring as well Wink
LWC Wrote:Cauley Goodwin and Poythress have signed letters of intent. I just looked, lol. Add that to the list of:

Archie Goodwin
Alex Poythress
Jarrod Polson
Twany Beckham
Ryan Harrow
Jon Hood
Kyle Wiltjer
Willie Cauley

Remember that Shabazz and Noel might still come. Hopefully at least one of them does.

I hope Hood is 100%, it would be nice if he could give the Cats a good 6-8 per game. I really like that kid
I could see the starting line up being....

Shabazz
Oriakhi
Noel
Polythress
Goodwin

WOW.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I could see the starting line up being....

Shabazz
Oriakhi
Noel
Polythress
Goodwin

WOW.

Wow that wouldn't go so well without a point...Harrow is definitely starting unless Teague comes back and I can still see Harrow starting then.

I don't think we get Shabazz but we get Noel and Oriakhi.

PG Harrow/ Teague
SG Goodwin
SF Poythress/ Hood
PF Oriakhi/ Wiltjer
C Noel/ Cauley-Stein

Shooting the 3 would be our weakness (besides Wiltjer or Lamb returns) but we'd be really strong on the inside and have really good slashers.
Our top six guys could all go to the NBA, but I just don't see it happening. It could, but I don't think it will. I see Teague and possibly Lamb staying. If not, we will have to reload just like we did in 2010 when we lost Wall and company. I think we will be fine next year.