Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Darius Miller have his jersey hung in the rafters?
FBALL Wrote:You should work on your reading comprehension as well as grammar.

I'll spell it slow this time

I...........never.............said.............his..............jersey...........should..............be..............hung...........in............the.........rafters.

Now your just getting thug nasty on me.
I've been reading too many of Bilas' tweets.
I think that his should go up and Phelphrey's should come down. He stood like a statue and let that ball during the Duke game just go straight into Laetner's hands. Played no defense. Then UPS contacted the players from that game, and gave them permission to be in it, and use them with their likeness in the commercial. Now it has been 20 years and that losing of that game must not embarrass them or for Kentucky anymore knowing it would be played all through the tournament gathering steam again.

:why:
mrsportsfan Wrote:I think that his should go up and Phelphrey's should come down. He stood like a statue and let that ball during the Duke game just go straight into Laetner's hands. Played no defense. Then UPS contacted the players from that game, and gave them permission to be in it, and use them with their likeness in the commercial. Now it has been 20 years and that losing of that game must not embarrass them or for Kentucky anymore knowing it would be played all through the tournament gathering steam again.

If they would have said no they would have blurred out their faces and you would still have to look at it.
Haters always gonna hate...
mrsportsfan Wrote:I think that his should go up and Phelphrey's should come down. He stood like a statue and let that ball during the Duke game just go straight into Laetner's hands. Played no defense. Then UPS contacted the players from that game, and gave them permission to be in it, and use them with their likeness in the commercial. Now it has been 20 years and that losing of that game must not embarrass them or for Kentucky anymore knowing it would be played all through the tournament gathering steam again.

They were adamantly told not to foul, don't get close is what I recall was said
Not fouling and not playing any defense what so ever are two completely different things. Pelphrey was the free man since the didnt put a defender on Grant Hill throwing it in. Pelphrey coud have at least made a half hearted try at the ball. Maybe that would have caused enough delay to keep Laetner from getting the shot off. He just stood there and watched.
Richie Farmer jerseys hangs in the rafters, so why not Miller? He's clearly a better player on both ends. I know how much Farmer meant to UK(and that, more than his skill as a player is why his jersey hangs in the rafters), but Darius has meant a lot too. He's been the one constant from the dark days of Billy Clyde, to the glory of our 8th national championship. He might be the only player that actually contributed, who will graduate in the John Calipari era.
No they couldn't, it was a team effort and their were times that Darius pulled out the three's for the win, when Anthony was in his defensive role. They could not have won without Teague, Michael, or the rest of the team. They knew it was a team effort, it is not our place to start saying they could have won without one or the other.
Hang it up!
FBALL Wrote:Not fouling and not playing any defense what so ever are two completely different things. Pelphrey was the free man since the didnt put a defender on Grant Hill throwing it in. Pelphrey coud have at least made a half hearted try at the ball. Maybe that would have caused enough delay to keep Laetner from getting the shot off. He just stood there and watched.

They did as they were told.
Well they didn't foul. Barely even breathed. At leeast Feldhaus put his hands up and played some defense.