Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrestlemania 28
Stardust Wrote:This a Mark reply or do you really have a clue how it works? If you really think that, then you are absolutely clueless to how the entertainment part of business works! Cena has made more money than any other wrestler in history! Don't give me this completely uneducated BS about Cena being pushed down our throat!

Fans LOVE this guy! They pour their money into his merchandise! And no, it's not because they forced him down the consumers throat! That's ignorant! If that was the case, then Dolph Lundgren would have been a major movie star instead of Steven Seagal! Hardees would be the most famous hamburger restaurant instead of McDonalds! No, the consumer chooses who they want, and what business that is not in it to make as much money as possible would not react to that! No, lets build the company around revenue losing charecters! Cena Maint Event PPV's bring in more buys than the Rock, Austin or Hart when they were champions! And this is an era when television viewrship is half of what it was 15 years ago, and even more PPV buys now even with the loss due to piracy! But Cena was shoved down our throat! No, you may not like him, but for everyone of "you" there are 25 who disagree with you when they pay for him to be pushed down their throat

Others have been pushed: Orton, Kane, Punk, Show, and they have all equaled revenue losses!

Cena has been pushed down it, already a 13 time champion, Come on..He may bust his ass for the company and attend most shows..They give him the troops gimmick to get over well with most of them..and the kiddy gimmick that kids love..oh yeah and of course house wives love him. For the longest time he didn't lose a clean match, I think like an year...Thats crazy..A whole damn lot of kid's pay for the push.
^ umm, sounds just like Hulk Hogan,the 2nd biggest money maker ever....Wink
^True.

Vince knows how to make cash. It's why Cena has not been a heel in forever. Kid's would lose interest. Cena turning heel with Nexus could have be awesome, but.....
Jericho and Punk were by far the best match on the show. No gimmicks, no special referees or ridiculous stipulations. Just honest to goodness, wrestling. Very refreshing to see.

Taker and HHH was okay, but Shawn Michael's ridiculous over acting pretty much killed it for me.

Rocky performed more like Flex Kavana than the Rock. You could definitely tell he has been off for a while. The hype for this match made it impossible to be anything other than a main event, but after Jericho/Punk and the HHH/UT/Michaels' match that killed every finish known to man, Cena and Rock had nowhere to go but down.

Big Show and Rhodes was okay, but forgettable, much like the rest of the card. The booking on Sheamus and Bryan was a joke. The divas tag match was so bad that I was hoping Snookie would do a run in.
LOL, SK, watch RAW tonight and give me an estimation of how many Cena shirts are in the crowd? Your a smart guy, when Cena makes his ring entrance, the place goes nuts! sure, there are boo's, but the boo's are drowned out! As for the Cena Sucks chants, that's Wrestling Fans participating in the show. Hell, when they show the crowd, even thos wearing Cena Sucks are wearing his $30 tee shirt! Just like the "What Chant". More than half the crowd at the Arena who are chanting What, have never seen Stone Cold Wrestle! It's part of the show!
worker1 Wrote:Jericho and Punk were by far the best match on the show. No gimmicks, no special referees or ridiculous stipulations. Just honest to goodness, wrestling. Very refreshing to see.

Taker and HHH was okay, but Shawn Michael's ridiculous over acting pretty much killed it for me.

Rocky performed more like Flex Kavana than the Rock. You could definitely tell he has been off for a while. The hype for this match made it impossible to be anything other than a main event, but after Jericho/Punk and the HHH/UT/Michaels' match that killed every finish known to man, Cena and Rock had nowhere to go but down.

Big Show and Rhodes was okay, but forgettable, much like the rest of the card. The booking on Sheamus and Bryan was a joke. The divas tag match was so bad that I was hoping Snookie would do a run in.

Dead Nuts accurate summation!
How did Mark Henry look?
Westside Wrote:How did Mark Henry look?

Well his lone accomplishment in the match was catching a leaping Hornwoggle and throwing him like a ragdoll on the floor.

To my delight.
I heard the Bryan/Sheamus match was cut short due to Bryan having staph infection.
Overrated Wrote:I heard the Bryan/Sheamus match was cut short due to Bryan having staph infection.

I've not heard anything.

Bryan competed in a dark match after last night's Raw.

I think it was just the WWE being silly and trying to break their own records, which didn't even happen.

Pretty sad they did that tho.
Stardust Wrote:According to F4WOnline.com, WWE had planned for the World Title match at WrestleMania to be a quick bout several weeks ago, however there were some officials who lobbied to have that idea changed.

The reason why WWE ran such a short bout is because the company wanted to set a new record for the quickest title match at WrestleMania, which was previously held by Kane and Chavo Guerrero for the ECW Title at WrestleMania 24. However, last night's World Title bout did not beat the record, as it lasted 18 seconds and the Kane/Guerrero match lasted 8 seconds

Overrated Wrote:I heard the Bryan/Sheamus match was cut short due to Bryan having staph infection.

This
Danielson had to feel like a million bucks tho after Monday Night Raw.

It was amazing.
I just got back from my Week in Miami, Must say it was a good Wrestlemania. Being there the best match of the night hands down was HHH vs UnderTaker. The Crowd was big time in to it! i thought the streak was going to end after the sweet chen into the Pedigree! The Fans was 100% for Bryan. The YES Chants was heard all over Miami and i must say im a very big fan of the chants! Kane vs Orton was a good match, good to see Kane go over in this one. Team Johny vs team Teddy was a good one. they gave the match a good story and the fans was into it! Big Show vs Rhodes was a good match. wasnt as good as Rhodes vs Rey last year but a good match. glad to see Big Show get a Wrestlemania moment and Rhodes should feel great about being in it. Punk vs Jericho started off real slow the fans didnt get into it fast, but the end of it was good and the Fans were for Punk. Rock Vs Cena was a little bit of a let down, they should had let the Rock lead the match more then what he did. he would be in the driver seat for 30 sec then Cena would take back over. Rock winning was the biggest shock to me. i thought there was no way Cena was losing. i thought Taker had a better shot at losing then the Rock had at winning. The Set was awesome this year the palm tress was really cool. and it was so close to 80k people! they will get it next year tho! Miami was a good host city for WrestleMania. Not Great but a good one. ill post some pics from my trip when i get them all uploaded on my computer. all i can say after the week being down there is..... YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Show, you seem pretty smart, you tell me why Rock could not lead??? You be honest! You really thought going in that Rock would be in great shape (Cardio), but if you don't admit that Rock blew up after the first series, then you are nuts. The reason for the rest holds had NOTHING to do with Cena calling the match! That match made Cena look bad. Cena's workrate is one of the best in the business! That match was a typical 1980's match for one reason and one reason only! I told you that Rock COULD NOT work like he did 15 years ago!
i really thought the Rock could out on a better match then what he did. to tell u the truth he didnt even look in good shape, he acted killed after every hit. i thought they could had atleast put on a 4 star match. if the rock is going after the wwe title he will have to improve or it just wont be worth watching like it should be. Cena can most of the time lead a good match but i was really let down on that match. The Fans wasnt even that sold on the match. and the whole week being down there thats all i heard was about that match. i talked to alot of people about takers and HHH match said it would steal the show and they said it wont out do Rock and Cena but looks like i was right. this WrestleMania is a stepping stone for next years mania just like 27 was for 28. 26 was the last mania not to be a stepping stone but a more of the end of a Era with Bret and Shawn. it was a good mania but not up there with 17 and 19 like i thought it should had been
^ I appreciate the honesty Show
mhshow21 Wrote:i really thought the Rock could out on a better match then what he did. to tell u the truth he didnt even look in good shape, he acted killed after every hit. i thought they could had atleast put on a 4 star match. if the rock is going after the wwe title he will have to improve or it just wont be worth watching like it should be. Cena can most of the time lead a good match but i was really let down on that match. The Fans wasnt even that sold on the match. and the whole week being down there thats all i heard was about that match. i talked to alot of people about takers and HHH match said it would steal the show and they said it wont out do Rock and Cena but looks like i was right. this WrestleMania is a stepping stone for next years mania just like 27 was for 28. 26 was the last mania not to be a stepping stone but a more of the end of a Era with Bret and Shawn. it was a good mania but not up there with 17 and 19 like i thought it should had been

Agreed. This one had a TON of potential...and they blew it.
Well I liked it....not as much as the Punk/Jericho or HHH/Taker.

But still solid.