Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MVP Muhammad mulls possible future at UK
CHICAGO — Shabazz Muhammad scored 21 points, Rasheed Sulaimon added 18 and the West beat the East 106-102 in the McDonald's All-American game on Wednesday night.

Muhammad and the West squad finished a number of breaks with fantastic dunks, and Duke recruit Sulaimon was 4-for-8 from three-point range.

Muhammad, who went 10-for-18 shooting and added six rebounds, was named the game's MVP.

"When you come to every event you want to be known as the best player at the event," Muhammad said. "This is the elite 24, the top 24 guys in the country, so just coming in knowing that and trying to compete and everybody is competing is a beautiful thing."

Muhammad, who is still weighing his college choices, is considering Kentucky, Duke and UCLA.

According to ESPN.com, Muhammad said after the game it would be special to join fellow McDonald's All-Americans Archie Goodwin and Alex Poythress at Kentucky — where the latter two have already signed — if he were to choose the Wildcats.

"If I went to Kentucky," Muhammad said, "that can be a really good class."

Poythress finished with 19 points for the East. Goodwin had 14.

With the possible addition of Muhammad, Kentucky could possibly replicate last year's top-rated recruiting class.

"It is going to be a blessing to play with Alex and hopefully Shabazz in the future," Goodwin said. "Like I said in my (earlier) interviews, it will be another repeat of what they are going to do this year."

The East trailed by as many as 24 with 12:03 left, but it mounted an impressive comeback. Amile Jefferson had a dunk to make it 93-88 with 3:42 left, but Sulaimon answered with a three-pointer. Rodney Purvis' three-point play got the East within four with 1:19 left, but Sulaimon answered with a three-point play of his own.

Purvis finished with 15 points. He is headed to North Carolina State, along with East teammates T.J. Warren and Tyler Lewis.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/03/30/21318...rylink=cpy
If shabazz comes, i expect parker to also follow and wow what another class.

I truly believe Noel will not go to a school where all these guys are going.
^

I honestly think Noel is a lock for UK. I would love to see Bazz at UK next year and the latest news bout him is he will commit the day after the last day to declare for the draft. He is down Duke, UK, and UCLA, if he is waiting to see who declares for the draft that should tell you either he is going let a lot of UK fans down by leading us on or hes UK bound. Duke nor UCLA has anyone big who will declared (Rivers is gone) so who would be waiting on to see who leaves.(sounds to me he is just waiting to see who UK loses and returns). As for Parker, he was impressive in the Mcdonalds game, I would love to have him but I dont see him coming. If we got anyone other than Bazz and Noel it would be Bennett IMO.

Since Cal has been at UK is classes has been #1 and his class playing in the Final 4 tonight may been his best IMO but could you imagine Goodwin, Noel, Bazz, Poythress, and Bennett. Man...Big Grin
^
It would definitely be a great thing to see all of those guys come to UK, but you cant blame them for playing the waiting game.
They know there going to be one and dones, so if guys return you cant really blame them for going somewhere else and being a star their freshman year if they cant do it here.
Honestly, Davis, MKG, Jones, Lamb and maybe even Teague will all enter the draft. If thats the case i think were a lock for all of them. If these guys surprise and return, or atleast 3 of them anyways, then i wouldnt be surprised at all to see some of these guys go somewhere else. IMHO though, the only school these guys will attend together would be UK. If they dont choose UK, you will see them spread out at a bunch of different schools.
i heard on espn on friday, that, davis,mkg,jones,lamb,teague, and miller where projected to all go in the top 35 of the draft...
I was really impressed with Shabazz at the All-American game.