Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florida's Erving Walker arrested
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida basketball player Erving Walker was arrested early Friday in connection to a $3 taco stolen from a Gainesville street vendor.

Walker

Walker was charged with retail petit theft and resisting an officer without violence at 1 a.m. after Gainesville Police Department officers apprehended him after a foot chase that also involved several police cars. Walker was given a notice to appear April 19.

According to an arrest report, Walker ordered and received a taco from a street vendor on Main Street but fled without paying. Police chased Walker onto University Avenue, at which time an officer shouted, "Police! Stop!" The report stated that Walker looked back at the officer but continued to flee.

The 22-year-old Walker was eventually caught several blocks later. According to the report, Walker admitted to stealing the taco but said he was "just playing around."

Walker finished his career at Florida last weekend when the Gators lost to Louisville in the West Region final. He is the school's all-time leader in assists (547) and is fourth in scoring (1,777

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketba...theft-taco
Seriously, an Fn 3 dollar taco?
Please tell me this kid wasnt stupid enough to steal a 3 dollar taco, run from police, and jeopardize his future....
3$ for a taco? Thats Robbery
^
lol, it was one of those vendor guys set up on the street.
Ive seen much worse in bigger cities.

I dont understand why you would do this if you were in his position though.
LOL, like this has anything to do with his status or potential future earnings! This is a college kid doing what college kids do! I did worse than this while in college, and not once did I think about how this affects my future, whether I could afford it, or how this may embarrass those around me! I just didn't get caught is the only difference! College kids do DUMB things! Good luck explaining why....
Wildcatk23 Wrote:3$ for a taco? Thats Robbery
Out of that entire article, THATS what I got out of it too..Where'd he get it from? Macys? lol..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lol@ this.
Stardust Wrote:LOL, like this has anything to do with his status or potential future earnings! This is a college kid doing what college kids do! I did worse than this while in college, and not once did I think about how this affects my future, whether I could afford it, or how this may embarrass those around me! I just didn't get caught is the only difference! College kids do DUMB things! Good luck explaining why....

He isnt exactly NBA material as it is, now he may never be.
Id say thats something to say about his future.
ah boys...
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Out of that entire article, THATS what I got out of it too..Where'd he get it from? Macys? lol..

Thats what i was thinking.

Hell i went to taco bell the other day, and they gave me 2 Doritos tacos. But without the shell. They put the meat, lettuce and cheese in the cardboard they come in. NO SHELL.
Was it one of those new doritos tacos?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Thats what i was thinking.

Hell i went to taco bell the other day, and they gave me 2 Doritos tacos. But without the shell. They put the meat, lettuce and cheese in the cardboard they come in. NO SHELL.

lol WTF?
I would be irate.
So you mean to tell me they gave you a doritos taco without the doritos? lol
Did somebody seriously think you wouldnt catch that?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Thats what i was thinking.

Ive thrown old people out of airplanes for less...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
nomnomnomnom
Rofl!