Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pikeville pike central combined
if they combined this year what would be next years starting offense and defense
go ahead lets here it
heaven forbid.....but if it happened i would go with robinson and varney in the backfield...chase Huffman at QB...sorry snodgrass ur back at line. id combine a bit of central and pikevilles line....then keep the rest of pikevilles starting roster
liveMAROON Wrote:heaven forbid.....but if it happened i would go with robinson and varney in the backfield...chase Huffman at QB...sorry snodgrass ur back at line. id combine a bit of central and pikevilles line....then keep the rest of pikevilles starting roster

It would be horrible no benefits to Pikeville at all. Honaker over Varney.
you mean robinson over varney
No I mean Robinson and the Honaker over Varney.
Eugene Cole Wrote:
liveMAROON Wrote:heaven forbid.....but if it happened i would go with robinson and varney in the backfield...chase Huffman at QB...sorry snodgrass ur back at line. id combine a bit of central and pikevilles line....then keep the rest of pikevilles starting roster

It would be horrible no benefits to Pikeville at all. Honaker over Varney.

Too bad thats Pikeville's opinion becuz I have heard that Belfry wants him over theer so he'd never go to P Ville n e ways.
We never asked for him. Belfry is desperate they have nothing returning.
the ideah of pike central and pikeville would be a good ideah but would never happen...because pikeville is an independent school but you talk about the athletisw would be awsome and football for the new school to me would be a power house.
You Pikeville people amuse me lol.
ur right we might be an independent schhol but he have a lot of people that live in the county too so its sort of like they should go to pike central anyways but it would be a good idea but a lot of arguments
LOL can you imagine the number of fights the school would have the first few weeks
It really wouldn't be a good a idea. The sports really would not improve a great deal, and if they had to move into 3A no chance.
Quote:No I mean Robinson and the Honaker over Varney.

that may b one of the most biased remarks ever Varney is better than Honaker, he hasnt proven him self in single A needless to say in Centrals tough 2A district thats just my opnion but u tlak about an INCREDIBLE BACKFIELD either way.

This will absolutly never happen 0 chacne forget about it lol think of how great girls b-ball would b dang u talk about one HUGE team liek 6'3, 6'3, 6'2, 6'0, 6'2 OMG and haley+colvin+paige lowe DANG lol u tlak about a force to b wreakened with.

Quote:sorry snodgrass ur back at line.

hes a senior maroon[/b]
OK now compare that basketball team with 3A teams and see what you get. NOTHING! Really tell me the games in which PCC played a good game and Varney carried them. When they actually scored before the starters were taken out.
yeah that basketabll team would b pretty great lol they could compete with some top ranked teams pikeville alone played very well against a top ranked CAL team :wink:

here u go again saying things about Varney name one time that Honaker rushed for 180 yards on 3 carries or one time he played a team like Belfry, P-Burg, Breathitt not once Varney is not the best back around but id start him over Honaker right now if honaker had a better game or practice then i would start Honaker either way u look at it u could switch those 3 kids out and have a GREAT backfield IF the line did a good job. This is the same was Belfry played that had 2 GREAT RBs and they dominated 2A football but if they moved up to 3A yes they would struggle.
Once again not bashing Varney, but what has he done against the good competition. Pikeville could put Tyler Shockey in at Rb and rush for 300 yards against PCC. Stats mean nothing unless they were put up against good competition.
I just think Varney is a very good back i dont see how you can say hes not Robinson is a great back and so is Gordon a back has to have a good push by a line one thing Central has always failed to have. Take that into consideration. You have to watch a team b-4 u can truely say anything aobut any certain player ur basing the way a player is off of stats and not what they do on a field when he has the holes hes phenominal and makes things happen when he has to beat someone.
Eugene Cole Wrote:Once again not bashing Varney, but what has he done against the good competition. Pikeville could put Tyler Shockey in at Rb and rush for 300 yards against PCC. Stats mean nothing unless they were put up against good competition.
Hey now, hold up. What's with the Tyler comment?
He's the man. Boy that would be something to see with him in any backfield though wouldn't it?
LoL just referring to a big lineman.
Let's not make this into another Varney v. Robinson thread :roll:

KEEP on topic....who would start D and who would start O....In YOUR opinion
Beef Wrote:Let's not make this into another Varney v. Robinson thread :roll:

KEEP on topic....who would start D and who would start O....In YOUR opinion

Well if the schools combined they would have enough people to have an O line and D line..

Chadd Blackburn, Logan Clark, and Corey Mullins would be the pontential linemen from Central, although I think Blackburn would make a better linebacker. I'm not sure who the linemen from Pikeville would be.
The Qb would def. be Huffman.
the secondary would be pretty much all of Pikeville's Secondary, with Jeremy Lucas from Central probably playing free safety.

I'm not even goin to Comment on the backs

The reciever would be Mostly Pikeville players, cause I don't know who the recievers from Central are, since they graduated all of them.
The sad part about all this is, Varney wasn't even the best back at the start of the season. A kid named Anthony Chapman was the person to pick. 6'2 220 with a 4.7 40. This is no joke, he was a beast in the backfield. Does anyone remember him? He was hurt the second game into the season.
Dear Mr. Hugene Hole or cole, whatever. You want to talk Pikeville football, well let's talk. I was in High school back in the day, pretty decent athlete from a much better high school not PCC and I would get about two to three calls a week offering me free tuition amoung other things to come and play for the almighty Pikeville high school. Much the case for the Honaker twins. Why did they really come up there..Hum let's think free tuition, paid day-care for their mother, cell phones....see who's name their cell phones are really in. Also the promise of transportation etc. And the sad thing is this is just the tip of the iceberg..The honest story about Pikeville football is that they have never...never won anything region state etc., with only Pikeville players. The talent of Pikeville is not in the city, the number of athletes is just not there. How many of these terrible county kidshas Pikeville plead for in their existence? What about the Howards. When Paul was at Pikeville, what special privileges did he receive. Pikeville does a good job at making football players, but after they graduate where does all these great athletes go. Pikeville for the most part turns their back on most of the players that leave there. JI Joplin for instance.. Could have gotten a scholly out of high school, but no help from anyone within the school. Tell me Pikeville footbal is what it use to be in the 90's and 80's. Over the past decade the programs at Pikeville have been in a downward spiral. Not the same school, not the same support. PCC is terrible at most sports, but at least the athletic department is on the up and up and not weathering away. I'm tired of talking crap to you Pikeville folk..hey I'm a big fan of the Panthers followed them for years, Doug Powers, JI, Jason Anderson all were great players to name a few, but when you make arguments based on JV games etc...where's the argument? Pikeville is a good 1a school, but no longer great, never will be...PCC may never be good, but the school holds much more promise than Pikeville who chooses to run off one of the best coaches in the mountains.
UMM its Eugene cole.....and anywayhow many county kids that should o to central come to pikeville.....I KNOW ALOT......im not sure who you are but if you claim to play football back in the day that would probably mean ur an adult......An adult with the name poo in his name......REAL MATURE........but the fact of the matter is we will never combine.....THANK GOD
My bad maroon, I just get so irritated at some of the stuff said on here....I guess I shouldn't add fuel to the fire, but too many high school kids on this site...
POOFACE Wrote:but too many high school kids on this site...
This is a high school sports forum you know.
blackcatfan4life Wrote:
POOFACE Wrote:but too many high school kids on this site...
This is a high school sports forum you know.

Yeah but not mad for HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT just for adults.
No prb poo......i could see where u get mad but hey........it happens...as for the High School Kids...i got nothing against it
and who would be the kicker??? Lockhart???
why none other than T.J. "jesus" "SunShine" Yates from Pike Central......he plays soccer for central why not Try and be a man and kick for the football team....he has real cool hair by the way