Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alex Oriakhi to UK?
It was reported by UCONN beat writer, Kevin Duffy via Twitter, that UK has spoken with UCONN big man Alex Oriakhi about coming to Lexington next season. Oriakhi announced that he would transfer recently after UCONN was banned from post season play.

Oriakhi was a big part of UCONN's Championship run last season, but had some 'personality issues' meshing with phenom big man Andre Drummond in Storrs this year. This has me wondering how Alex would deal with a potential big man like Nerlens Noel, among others, in Lexington.

What do you think BBN?

http://www.nationofblue.com/f2/alex-oria...#post54812
I would love it. The boy is a player.
I'd rather hve the recruits.
If he comes, the recruits go somewhere else....
I'm okay with it either way, Oriakhi is a very good ball player and it wouldn't bother me a bit to see him dress in the good blue and white. Then again if he doesn't come and Nerlens Noel and Shabazz do, then hell yeah.
Oriakhi and Noel went to the same high school, so I'd say they are ok with playing with each other. His transfer in doesn't conflict with Shabazz, Poythress, or Goodwin's positions so I don't see any recruits leaving because Oriakhi were to transfer in, but on Kentucky Sports Radio today they were talking about a new rule preventing SEC schools from taking transfers for one year because of the Jeremiah Masoli (spelling) transfer to Ole Miss a few years back, so this may or may not happen.
Could he be the first Ncaa Player to win A national championship with 2 different teams?
Unlike a freshman...
this guy is a guaranteed baller with championship experience
No way you pass up on him if you get the shot
3. The SEC confirmed that it does have a rule that a player must have two years of eligibility left in order to transfer to a member school. That would mean Florida, Kentucky and Missouri couldn’t stay in the Alex Oriakhi sweepstakes. A waiver could be sought since this is an unusual circumstance. Another interesting curveball: Would Oriakhi be able to play immediately if UConn were to win its appeal and earn back the right to play in the 2013 NCAA tournament? Oriakhi might be given a special circumstance since he is transferring at a point when the Huskies are currently ineligible to play in the postseason during his senior year.
I would take him. Talent, experience...wouldn't be a bad replacement for Davis at all.
so would i..