Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Rumor" Michael Kidd-Gilchrist to Enter NBA Draft
Kentucky freshman forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrist will enter the 2012 NBA draft after the Wildcats' season ends, multiple sources told ESPN.com on Thursday.

"He hopes he'll be able to announce right after they win the NCAA championship," one source said. "But even if they don't win it all, he's coming. He knows he's going to be a top-5 pick. He can't pass that up."

Back in early March, Kidd-Gilchrist told reporters that he would forgo the lures of the draft and stay in school.

"I'm graduating here," he said then. "I'm not going anywhere. I'm staying at Kentucky."

The 6-foot-7 Kidd-Gilchrist is averaging 11.8 points and 7.6 rebounds in 31.3 minutes per game.

"He's the type of kid that you always want on your team," one NBA general manager said. "Coaches love him, his teammates love him and he does all the little things that matter on the court. He cares about winning and that's it. I doubt he ever looks at a box score."

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/story/_...ource-says
This is what MKG had to say about the report

@MikeGillie14: "I don't know where this is coming from. This is MY decision. Right now all I'm focused on my Teammates and winning Games."

@MikeGillie14: "After the season Ill make a decision that's best for me and my family!"
I'm going to believe MKG on this one. I think he'll stay if we don't win it all, and maybe if we do, but that's just my opinion. I thought that at the first of the season when we started seeing how great of a kid he is, not after he said he was staying or anything like that. We'll see though.

Just think, if any of us had this opportunity, would you stay? Probably not.
He's gone.
Aren't you guys tired of all the "one and done's???"
Hell no. Why in the world would you get tired of winning??
MKG was gone the day he arrived on campus. This now means Shabazz will be wearing the Blue and White of Kentucky!!!
vundy33 Wrote:Hell no. Why in the world would you get tired of winning??

Winning what? If you win 35 games a year and get knocked out in the elite 8-final 4....you still have the same amount of banners as a 13-20 team.
NothingTrivial Wrote:Winning what? If you win 35 games a year and get knocked out in the elite 8-final 4....you still have the same amount of banners as a 13-20 team.

How many titles do you expect in 2 years man? Jesus Christ...you people expect nothing but championships every year. It's not that easy.

And 30+ wins and an Elite 8/Final Four appearance is much better than a 18-14 year in the NIT...
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Aren't you guys tired of all the "one and done's???"

Aren't you tired of losing?
NothingTrivial Wrote:Winning what? If you win 35 games a year and get knocked out in the elite 8-final 4....you still have the same amount of banners as a 13-20 team.

You obviously know nothing!!!! If all of Uk's banners was actually up nobody would be able to touch us.
Stardust Wrote:MKG was gone the day he arrived on campus. This now means Shabazz will be wearing the Blue and White of Kentucky!!!

I can't find the story I read a few days ago, but apparently, he's leaning closer to UNLV and UCLA
Odd timing for this article.
vundy33 Wrote:How many titles do you expect in 2 years man? Jesus Christ...you people expect nothing but championships every year. It's not that easy.

And 30+ wins and an Elite 8/Final Four appearance is much better than a 18-14 year in the NIT...

We have no excuse for not winning it all caliparis first year.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:We have no excuse for not winning it all caliparis first year.

Other than not beating the other team of course.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:We have no excuse for not winning it all caliparis first year.

lol, I didn't say that! We have no excuses for not winning it last year either, it just didn't happen. But like I said, it's only two years. Teams that have the most talent don't always win it all...but that doesn't mean we're not winning. I'm confident that after 10 years, in 2020 after ten years of Coach at Kentucky, we'll have 2 championships, if not more.

All we can ask for as fans is to have a team that can contend for a title every year...and we've had definitely had that. So many other fanbases aren't that lucky...of course I want championships, but they don't just grow on trees. The second most important thing is that we're #1 winning games, and #2 relevant in the race to the National Championship. And we've been that. That's all we can ask for.
If he said he hasn't made a decision yet than it is a rumor.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
It's fine, all we do is reload.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Aren't you guys tired of all the "one and done's???"

I thought "One & Done" was Coach Huggins' annual expectations for post season play.
Our 8 freshmen will be sophs next year. 2 or three of your freshmen will be rookies in the NBA.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Our 8 freshmen will be sophs next year. 2 or three of your freshmen will be rookies in the NBA.
Yeah, but your sophomores will still not be as good as our freshman next year.
^
Exactly
I hate the "one and done" thing that has taken over college basketball. I wish this talent would stay a few years. Calipari I am sure feels the same way. But if you know the rule is one year and they can enter the draft why not get the best talent available and try to win it with them? I can't blame him for that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
^ I hate the one and done as well, but not for the same reasons. I hate that their is a requirement period! There should be no requirement at all to enter the NBA draft. If a player is willing to be led by poor advice, then they should be free to enter the draft after High School graduation. You don't have to go to College to be drafted into MLB. You do not have to go to college, hell you don't even have to finish High School to play professional Hockey, Golf, or Tennis. No, there should be no restrictions on entering the draft after High School. BUT - if they choose to go to college, then there should be a requirement to go at least 2 years. The magic behind two years is that the individual matures some, he gets a real chance to see how good he is, the college gets some reward out of it, and the student should at least walk out of college with an Associates degree, something to at least get him started should his professional career not pan out.
^I agree 100% Dust..
He's gone...
we all know it lol
^ Great call Einstein:popcorn:

Wink
MKG will be one of the most memorable UK players of all time. If he decides to return for a second season, he will be as immortal as a player can get at UK. But I really think that he will work this out in due time. He has the most important two games of his young career coming up and that is enough for him to delay a full thought-out decision.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I heard that some experts have him going #2 behind Davis, but I haven't seen anything that says that yet.