Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UNC Point Guard Breaks Wrist
University of North Carolina point guard, Kendall Marshall, suffered a broken wrist in his teams victory today over Creighton, this is a huge blow to North Carolinas chances of winning a National Championship. Very devastating injury because Marshall was a total beast today...
It's his right wrist, he's left handed.. I don't think it will keep him out but his status for the Sweet 16 is uncertain
I dont think it will hurt UNC much next game anyways. I think UNC size will help them prevail against Ohio but the region finals could make a different from them making the Final 4 or not. This could end up being a tough blow for the Tar Heels.
This will be huge. Kendall dribbles mostly with his right hand. He is a two-handed passer. So to think this won't have an impact on him is nuts. This tournament is just getting easier and easier for UK to breeze to an uncontested title. It's almost becoming a joke and when UK wins, the detractors will say that they didn't have to play anyone - And you couldn't argue it! But, I'll take it! If Cal does not blow through this tournament this year, then it will NEVER happen!
^
Sadly i agree
Stardust Wrote:This will be huge. Kendall dribbles mostly with his right hand. He is a two-handed passer. So to think this won't have an impact on him is nuts. This tournament is just getting easier and easier for UK to breeze to an uncontested title. It's almost becoming a joke and when UK wins, the detractors will say that they didn't have to play anyone - And you couldn't argue it! But, I'll take it! If Cal does not blow through this tournament this year, then it will NEVER happen!

Let them say anything they want, they can list 100 reasons why UK won, but guess what? 1 thing they have to say is that UK will/would be the 2012 National Champions Wink
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Still some very good teams to deal with at 100%, including a possible rematch with Kansas. Looks good for UK but never know when some team will get hot from the three point line or the refs lose their minds and fouls rack up. Until they are cutting down the nets, I am still apprehensive.
^ Refs will NEVER cause more to affect the game than the turnovers, wrong passes, selfish shots or poor play calling from the bench. So, REFS will play ZERO roll in whether UK wins or loses! One blown call on an out of bounds play does not affect games. All of the blown items above do!
Marshall had surgery on his wrist this morning to have a screw inserted. His status is still uncertain
^Having been through a similar sugery myself, I seriously doubt that he will play again this year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This is a pretty damn tough injury to play with period, much less within a week of surgery. I don't think he'll play in the Sweet 16, but I think if UNC makes it to the Elite 8, he'll attempt to play there.
^ I just can't see the young man being effective at all