Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPS Commercial
Whats the big deal with UPS and the commercial of "the shot"? My facebook feed and twitter has blown up with people complaining about it! I just dont understand the big deal?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
It's Duke. I've seen it about 1,000 times since the Tournament Started. It's old.
Strikeout King Wrote:It's Duke. I've seen it about 1,000 times since the Tournament Started. It's old.

But its one of the greatest sport moments in history. Just a simple commercial. UPS isnt "Out to get UK"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
UK fans should suck it up and take it.

If you want to be mad at any body be mad at Pelphrey for not having the stones to play any defense what so ever on Laetner.

It pissed me off when it happened and it pisses me off to this day.

If Pelphrey just goes for the ball history may have been different. As it is we just have to accept that we came down on the wrong side of a historical game.
FBALL Wrote:UK fans should suck it up and take it.

If you want to be mad at any body be mad at Pelphrey for not having the stones to play any defense what so ever on Laetner.

It pissed me off when it happened and it pisses me off to this day.

If Pelphrey just goes for the ball history may have been different. As it is we just have to accept that we came down on the wrong side of a historical game.

Exactly!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:But its one of the greatest sport moments in history. Just a simple commercial. UPS isnt "Out to get UK"

I know there not out to get us but why do they keep showing the same ole thing over and over and all they say is Duke this, Duke that. That's the only sports memory that they show.
Strikeout King Wrote:I know there not out to get us but why do they keep showing the same ole thing over and over and all they say is Duke this, Duke that. That's the only sports memory that they show.
It is not the only one they show, no it is not because it is Duke either. Like it or not, it is probably the greatest moment in NCAA history. Despite the result, Duke/UK game in 92 was by far the greatest game I had ever seen.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:It is not the only one they show, no it is not because it is Duke either. Like it or not, it is probably the greatest moment in NCAA history. Despite the result, Duke/UK game in 92 was by far the greatest game I had ever seen.

It's the only one I've seen and I've watched this whole tournament
I like the Charles Barkly commercials. They show that Pandora commercial all the time too. If there is one that I hate it that Spandau Ballet commercial. Seriously, what person in their right mind would get upset about turning that down.
I've seen all of those commercials more than the UPS commercial.
It's just a commercial, lol. Don't like seeing it but again, it's a commercial. Hate the ESPN mobile Indiana one much, much more.
I still have not seen the UPS commercial.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
vundy33 Wrote:It's just a commercial, lol. Don't like seeing it but again, it's a commercial. Hate the ESPN mobile Indiana one much, much more.
Exactly. Not only that the game happened 20 years ago.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="The Logistics of the shot"]mGpdGOn58o8[/YOUTUBE]
^People are upset about that?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
lol, yeah. There's another too I think, but pretty much the same thing.
That's it.

Watch Pelphrey. It still pisses me off. At least freakin try to defend.
That's it.

Watch Pelphrey. It still pisses me off. At least freakin try to defend.
vundy33 Wrote:It's just a commercial, lol. Don't like seeing it but again, it's a commercial. Hate the ESPN mobile Indiana one much, much more.

It is just a commercial, it also happens to be one of the most famous shots in basketball history! I have no problem with it. I hate dUKe, but not because of "The Shot", I hate them for a lot of reasons. But that's what makes it a rivalry. No one wants to be remembered for a famous moment when you are on the losing end of things. Most UK fans are hung up on this, but had Laetner missed that shot, then Woods shot would be the video clip that we see a 1,000 times every March. Yea, it sucks being on the negative end on such a great moment in college basketball history. But if you don't want to be famous for something so disastrous, then maybe UK should have done something more spectacular to prevent the damn play from happening in the first place!
Fuels the Fire.
Stardust Wrote:It is just a commercial, it also happens to be one of the most famous shots in basketball history! I have no problem with it. I hate dUKe, but not because of "The Shot", I hate them for a lot of reasons. But that's what makes it a rivalry. No one wants to be remembered for a famous moment when you are on the losing end of things. Most UK fans are hung up on this, but had Laetner missed that shot, then Woods shot would be the video clip that we see a 1,000 times every March. Yea, it sucks being on the negative end on such a great moment in college basketball history. But if you don't want to be famous for something so disastrous, then maybe UK should have done something more spectacular to prevent the damn play from happening in the first place!

Just makes me push for our boys to go out and create another "The Shot" and greatest basketball game in history, this time with us on the winning end.
One of two moments that will never get old. The other is Joe Mazzula blowing by John Wall in '10.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:One of two moments that will never get old. The other is Joe Mazzula blowing by John Wall in '10.

I hate you.
I am very pissed at that commercial because it is not the best game played ever or in the last 20 years. If we want to be pissed at anybody be pissed at the UK players that were contacted by UPS and agreed to be in that commercial. That was their statement for UK fans that contacted UPS and strongly contested that commercial. That our former UK players during tournament time decided to shove that in our face all the time. They will hear from me one by one. They don't bleed blue or they would not have done that. Phelphrey made himself look the worst, by no defense, losing as a coach, and now back to Donavan's sidekick.
I watched basketball for hours upon end during the tournament....
and I don't know if I saw that commercial more than 5 times lol
It came on a lot. I'm not sure how many times, but it was definitely noticed when it did lol. It came on a few times during the championship game which led to a big reaction at Buffalo Wild Wings over here lol. I would say overall it probably played 2 - 3 times per game.

I don't see the 92 UK/Duke game as the greatest game ever played...nor is Laettner's shot the greatest ever hit in the NCAA tourney. Duke was a heavy favorite going into that game and should have won it by 10+. I don't think hitting a shot to beat a team you are favored big against, in OT, is a great one. It should not have even come to that situation. IMO the greatest shots hit in the tourney were Jordan's against Georgetown, Lorenzo Charles against Houston (if you can count that as a shot lol), or Keith Smart in 87 against Syracuse. But, since Duke is ESPN's little golden boy, this will play on for years. It was a good shot, and a good win for Duke, but I think the "greatness" of it has been ridiculously exaggerated.
The best part is i havent seen it since we won it all.

If you wanna see true logistics then ask lehigh how to beat Duke lol
I will never use UPS again. I'm serious.
Also I find it hilarious that their logistics are wrong. I read an article where people far smarter than I, broke it down.
I bet I saw that commercial 50 times. I watched alot of the other games during the tournament. I ordered something from QVC after that and they said do u want this shipped to your home address or your P.O. Box? Knowing they use UPS, I said P.O. Box, I do not want UPS getting a dime of my money. My son stopped by yesterday and asked me where there was a FedEx? I told him and he said I refuse to use UPS. He is a die hard UK fan. This has been the reaction of a lot of fans. By the way, before the tournament I needed to get a next day letter to Albany, Ny. Ups wanted 60.00, I mailed it by the Post Office for 25.00.
Now I only use FedEx lol