Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(1) Syracuse 72 - (16) UNC Asheville 65 (NCAA Tournament
I think I know why this happened now! The 15th Region refs also do NCAA Tournament games!! Thats why they were so terrible!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Wildcatk23 Wrote:SO since he played bad its ok that they get cheated?

It was a terrible call. There was another 39:59 of that game. Yes, UNCA's top scorer couldn't throw it in the ocean. You don't want a bad call to affect the game. Clutch up and play better and don't be in a situation where you are going to need a steal and a desperation three just to tie the game. I freakin hate Syracuse but they won because the were bigger stronger faster and just better down the stretch.
FBALL Wrote:It was a terrible call. There was another 39:59 of that game. Yes, UNCA's top scorer couldn't throw it in the ocean. You don't want a bad call to affect the game. Clutch up and play better and don't be in a situation where you are going to need a steal and a desperation three just to tie the game. I freakin hate Syracuse but they won because the were bigger stronger faster and just better down the stretch.

Yeah, and in that other 39:59 there was another obvious bad call in favor of Syracuse, another highly questionable call in favor of Syracuse, and I can keep going if ya want but, the point is that there were bad calls made throughout the game in favor of Syracuse! Yes, Syracuse was bigger, stronger, and faster but, they were NOT better yesterday!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
They were better. That's why they had a 6 point lead. Yes there were bad calls. The refs botched the end of the first half as well. The goal tend they missed in the first halfway have been the worst. Guess what? You still have to play. Blaming the refs is lame. You want to win play better. You want to make yourself feel better after a loss? Just blame the refs.
FBALL Wrote:They were better. That's why they had a 6 point lead. Yes there were bad calls. The refs botched the end of the first half as well. The goal tend they missed in the first halfway have been the worst. Guess what? You still have to play. Blaming the refs is lame. You want to win play better. You want to make yourself feel better after a loss? Just blame the refs.

For starters, Syracuse only had a 3 point lead when the horrible out of bounds call was made and could have been less if the other horrible calls were corrected. The Commissioner or Head of Referees was even on after the game saying that the calls were incorrect! There is no other way around but, to blame the Refs!!

I understand that a lot of the time people want to blame the refs but, you have to admit that this was a special situation that should never have happened but, it did happen and yes you can blame the refs for obvious missed calls that did greatly affect the game! I think J.P. Primm said it best when he stated that they(UNC-Asheville) had to play against everybody in the building and not just the players!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It was a 6 point lead right before that play. UNCA hit a three to cut it to three before that inbounds play.

What can you do besides blame the refs? First off your top scorer can clutch up and not shoot 1-13. You can not get pummeled on the boards down the stretch. You can do a better job of taking care off the ball and not giving Syracuse run outs in the second half. There were many things that could have been done besides blaming somebody else for your shortcomings.

I agree with you. There were two really horribly blown calls. One in each half. As bad as I've ever seen. Like I said earlier though. Take out those two horrible calls and they had 39:58 more of the game to over come that.

You don't think Syracuse got some bad calls in that game?

Every game both teams have calls that go against them. Winners overcome that or even if they don't they don't blame their loss on somebody else.
Syracuse Sucks.
Its ok because they still suck dick
FBALL Wrote:It was a 6 point lead right before that play. UNCA hit a three to cut it to three before that inbounds play.

What can you do besides blame the refs? First off your top scorer can clutch up and not shoot 1-13. You can not get pummeled on the boards down the stretch. You can do a better job of taking care off the ball and not giving Syracuse run outs in the second half. There were many things that could have been done besides blaming somebody else for your shortcomings.

I agree with you. There were two really horribly blown calls. One in each half. As bad as I've ever seen. Like I said earlier though. Take out those two horrible calls and they had 39:58 more of the game to over come that.

You don't think Syracuse got some bad calls in that game?

Every game both teams have calls that go against them. Winners overcome that or even if they don't they don't blame their loss on somebody else.

That's what I said, Asheville was down by three when the refs made that atrocious call!! If the right call was made, Asheville would have then had the opportunity to tie the game! Obviously we're not going to agree, I really don't know why because your profile says you're a UK fan and not a Syracuse fan. Reason why I say that is because Syracuse fans are the only ones that would actually try to say that the refs didn't screw UNC-Asheville out of a win.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
if you dont like syracuse your mamaws never could cook, or didnt like you or you hate jesus..
My mamaw makes the best cornpone evar...
Syracuse refballed their way out of that one
FBALL Wrote:It was a terrible call. There was another 39:59 of that game. Yes, UNCA's top scorer couldn't throw it in the ocean. You don't want a bad call to affect the game. Clutch up and play better and don't be in a situation where you are going to need a steal and a desperation three just to tie the game. I freakin hate Syracuse but they won because the were bigger stronger faster and just better down the stretch.

Thats the stupidest thing i have ever heard. SO because u didnt play 10 points better than the other team the refs are allowed to cheat you.
No that would be the dumbest thing ever typed and the fact that you would rather blame the officials tells me all I need to know.
I already see it if UK loses in this tournament half of you are going to blame the officials.
FBALL Wrote:No that would be the dumbest thing ever typed and the fact that you would rather blame the officials tells me all I need to know.

Because the Officials blew the game. Plain and Simple. UNC Ash may have still lost. But how in the world can u miss those calls. These kids played there hearts out only to get a game taken away from them because of some officials that cant do there job fairly.

Syracuse replaced Fab melo with 3 guys. All wearing Stripes.
FBALL Wrote:I already see it if UK loses in this tournament half of you are going to blame the officials.

You must be an official that cheats for 50$ a game Huh?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Because the Officials blew the game. Plain and Simple. UNC Ash may have still lost. But how in the world can u miss those calls. These kids played there hearts out only to get a game taken away from them because of some officials that cant do there job fairly.

Syracuse replaced Fab melo with 3 guys. All wearing Stripes.

THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!

It's REALLY not that hard to see with your own eyes that the refs took the game away from UNC-Asheville!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It's not my fault, it's not my fault, it's not my fault, it's not my fault.

I guess if you say that enough it becomes reality. Sad!
FBALL Wrote:It's not my fault, it's not my fault, it's not my fault, it's not my fault.

I guess if you say that enough it becomes reality. Sad!

I see that you gave up.

:igiveup:
Wildcatk23 Wrote:You must be an official that cheats for 50$ a game Huh?

You must be the fan that constantly cries that every call against your team was wrong. Never lost a game. Just got cheated. Uh huh.
Don't give up, don't ever give up !

He wouldn't cry and blame a loss on the officials either.
FBALL Wrote:You must be the fan that constantly cries that every call against your team was wrong. Never lost a game. Just got cheated. Uh huh.

So its true!

Most of the time, But Not Always. I just cant see how u blame the players for the officials missing game changing calls. But hey i guess u have experience.
FBALL Wrote:Don't give up, don't ever give up !

He wouldn't cry and blame a loss on the officials either.

The orange is really shining through!! Pretty bad when 99% of college basketball fans, analysts, and anyone else that saw that game agrees that the refs screwed Asheville out of a win and then there is you arguing, along with the 1% that equals all the Syracuse fans!:lame:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'd like to see you justify those percentages somewhere other than your mind.

Were there bad calls? Yes. Even if they get that last call they still need a three just to tie. They got outplayed down the stretch plain and simple.

By the way. I hate Syracuse and really wish they would have lost.

You should be tired of being wrong by now.
FBALL Wrote:I'd like to see you justify those percentages somewhere other than your mind.

Were there bad calls? Yes. Even if they get that last call they still need a three just to tie. They got outplayed down the stretch plain and simple.

By the way. I hate Syracuse and really wish they would have lost.

You should be tired of being wrong by now.

LOL?

Being Wrong? They should be able to go back and Review the play. See who it was out on. The Goal Tend should be review-able. The Refs are atrocious and need help.
I think they should be able to review them as well. Even if they had and reversed the calls odds are UNCA still would have lost.
FBALL Wrote:I think they should be able to review them as well. Even if they had and reversed the calls odds are UNCA still would have lost.

I highly doubt that because, not only were points stolen from Asheville but, the refs also stole their momentum and confidence! I know that you're not going to admit it but, as Wildcatk23 said, these were game changing calls!

I really don't understand why you're continuing to argue about it when you have the analysts and the Head of Referees saying the same thing that most everyone else is except in a much nicer way.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I never said they didn't blow the calls. It was obviously out of bounds off of Syracuse. Even if they got it right UNCA is still down three with 20 secs to go. It's not a difficult concept to understand that there was much more that got Syracuse the lead besides the blown calls.
FBALL Wrote:I never said they didn't blow the calls. It was obviously out of bounds off of Syracuse. Even if they got it right UNCA is still down three with 20 secs to go. It's not a difficult concept to understand that there was much more that got Syracuse the lead besides the blown calls.

Actually you give Syracuse 2 more points because of the Goal tend. GO back and watch the game like i did. Syracuse had 4 Line violations that was not called. But the One On UNC Ashville did. SO think about it like that.