Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery???
SO, what is the deal with all the cheerleaders I have seen in the past week or so wearing basketball jerseys to cheer their game?  The only school I have seen do this in past years has been Magoffin County...I have seen them do it the past 3 years or so (at least in districts).  Did they start the trend???
BELFRY has done it on and off for yeasr.  I cheered in the late 80's and we wore them during regional tournament back then.  As a matter of fact, Belfry also wears jersey's during football season.  I don't think anyone started the trend, since they don't see each other unless they are playing each other.  It's just something that has caught on.
Well I would say something about Pikeville and the jersey's but I'm afraid the moderator will close the "discussion".
[quote author=luvcheer link=topic=20864.msg211193#msg211193 date=1142360240]
Well I would say something about Pikeville and the jersey's but I'm afraid the moderator will close the "discussion".
[/quote]

If that statement was directed towards me for closing the threads that went extremely past "discussion" then let me say that anytime that threads become nothing but petty bickering, name calling, accusatory, and pretty much immature rubbish, then I will close them.

If you have something to say about Pikeville and jerseys then by all means say it.  If it doesn't pertain to the topic matter, then keep it to yourself or start a new thread.
Yes it directed toward you. Yes i agree that some of these posts become petty bickering, accusatory, and insulting but you have a role in some of those threads as well. I have read some degrading and argumentative things you have writtien. So if you want the people who you are supposedly moderating to use better judgement and less arguing in the threads, maybe you should lead the way.
Prestonsburg cheered in jerseys for the boys and girls district championships and region games this year.
Prestonsburg also wore football jerseys during some games.
[quote author=luvcheer link=topic=20864.msg211244#msg211244 date=1142364719]
Yes it directed toward you. Yes i agree that some of these posts become petty bickering, accusatory, and insulting but you have a role in some of those threads as well. I have read some degrading and argumentative things you have writtien. So if you want the people who you are supposedly moderating to use better judgement and less arguing in the threads, maybe you should lead the way.
[/quote]

This has nothing to do with this thread.  If you have a problem with a moderator you need to discuss that with them by a private message.
[quote author=luvcheer link=topic=20864.msg211244#msg211244 date=1142364719]
[/quote]

I agree that I have posted in some of those threads, but never ever did I put down any child say anything degrading, nor were any name calling made by me.  You say that you are a mother, then if that is true, you will know that any and all posts made on this thread can be taken in any context possible.  However, if you have read all threads in this forum, then I am sure you are aware that I have tried to start only positive threads regarding cheerleading and also bit my tongue on a lot of issues that have been totally misinformative and untrue. 

So, if you are expecting me to lead by example then I expect you to follow.
I didn't want to start an argument...just curious!  I thought all the jersey-wearers were very cute!  A great way to show true school spirit!!!
[quote author=Gtown Grad link=topic=20864.msg211758#msg211758 date=1142430858]
I didn't want to start an argument...just curious! I thought all the jersey-wearers were very cute! A great way to show true school spirit!!!
[/quote]

I agree!  I think that when the cheerleaders dress up and are having fun at the games, it gets everyone involved more.   :thumpsup:
i think its a great idea , they used to do that way back in the day( the 70's and 80's when i went to hs)
pikeville wears jerseys at one football game thats about it