Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin Co. 63 Ashland 59
[Image: http://storage1.ihigh.com/users/5049/pho...973012.jpg]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Man....I called MC by 2 haha

Congrats girls, well deserved.

Also Congrats to Ashland on a great season.
Good Job Lady Hornets, I can only hope this goes a little way to healing the community. Congrads to Ashland on a good season as well.
Great win for the Lady Hornets and the entire county! Congrats and keep goin' hard throughout the tournament.
Way to go Lady Hornets!! It's amazing what they have done considering what they have all had to go through in the past week. It seems as if they're really playing some inspired ball and it could not come at a better time for there community!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
recruiter Wrote:I was extremely wrong on this one. I think Ashland may have been a little overrated. Let's face it they are 1 for 6 in big games. Need to come up with a offense that sets some screens for your big girls and your shooters. If everyone is back they could b good again if they can just find a offense. CONGRATS TO MCGOFFIN

Don't know if you know much about Ashland's scoring this year, but they averaged about 70 points per game and was in the top 5 in the state in scoring margin at about 23 points per game. Ashland probably 20 missed inside shots against Magoffin. Just one of those nights when nothing was falling for the Kittens. Doesn't sound like a team that couldn't find an offense this season.

And congrats to Magoffin. If the Kittens had to lose, it makes it easier losing to our 15th region neighbors who have been through an extremely tough time. My thoughts go out to their community.
I agree about the scoring a lot of points but they probably scored 90% of their points on face breaks. While watching interview of magoffin coach he said he dropped three players back to stop the fast breaks and it worked because Ashland could not score on their set plays. All I'm saying is that they do not set picks for each other to get open for easy buckets. Yes they are a good team I'm just saying they have no half court offense. The other problem I seen while watching today was Ashland doesn't let their starters play enough. Don't mind the subing but not 4 at once, this has hurt them on all their big games
Don't get me wrong they r an excellant team but they could even b better IMO. Congrats to Ashland on a great season. Also congrats to magoffon on a great game plan and win.
recruiter Wrote:I agree about the scoring a lot of points but they probably scored 90% of their points on face breaks. While watching interview of magoffin coach he said he dropped three players back to stop the fast breaks and it worked because Ashland could not score on their set plays. All I'm saying is that they do not set picks for each other to get open for easy buckets. Yes they are a good team I'm just saying they have no half court offense. The other problem I seen while watching today was Ashland doesn't let their starters play enough. Don't mind the subing but not 4 at once, this has hurt them on all their big games
Don't get me wrong they r an excellant team but they could even b better IMO. Congrats to Ashland on a great season. Also congrats to magoffon on a great game plan and win.

Just curious - how often have you seen Ashland Blazer play this season?
Live--- 3 games they lost 4 games they crushed their opponent. Magoffin game on website,,,,,,so 8
recruiter Wrote:Live--- 3 games they lost 4 games they crushed their opponent. Magoffin game on website,,,,,,so 8

Surprised then that you didn't see the amount of half-court set play that Ashland runs. Probably more than any other team in the 16th region...when they have to run them. You are correct that when Ashland has their fast break going that they don't have to run many of their set plays. Against Magoffin Ashland just spread it out offensively and drove to the basket...which did get Ashland the shots they wanted, but just missed a ton of lay-ups. Ashland also got shots from the outside which they hit all year, but was ice cold on Thurs. The paper said Ashland got off 70+ shots against Magoffin, so getting shots off wasn't the problem...making them was.
I will agree with u to a point. Ashland didn't have to set up much offense this year. Keep players in the game and they can get into the flow of the game. In close games I feel like starters should b in game more, unless in foul trouble or pulling on their jersey.
1st of all congrats to Magoffin Co. for playing very inspirational thru the region tourney and at state. 2nd Ashland got several shot attempts and they just didn't fall, that's why you play the game anything can happen. Look at the 09-10 U.K. game against W.V.U and them are elite college players. I do agree about the subs coming in 4 at time even though they are good girls there is a difference a rotation of a couple at a time would be etiquette but you can't have Gambill, Farris, and Robinson on the bench at the same time doesn't leave enough scoring on the court. This did play a big issue in the big games in the other games you could get by with it. However congrats to both teams on greats seasons, and both should be even better next year.