Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Ashland tomcats have a time defending the district championship???

BIG QUESTION...Will Ashland tomcats have a time defending the district championship??? with the lose of Ian Holbrook and most of their starter's gone.
It's never easy to repeat as district champs. 

Ashland loses their QB, 1 WR, and 2 Linemen on offense.
They lose Both DEs, 1 DT, 1 LB, Both M/Rs on defense.
So overall they lose 10 of 22 starters from last season (12 of 22 if you include Tyler Reliford at FB and CB, but he was a partial starter at those positions with Fields Davis and Matt Thomas, respectively).  But, they lose 2 all-state players in QB Ian Holbrook and WR Angel Gurule.  But, they return 2 all-state players in LB Fields Davis and CB Drew McDavid.  They also return leading tackler FS Luke Bonner.

I'm no where near as familiar with Johnson Central's returning and graduating players other than Blume.  But he in himself will downgrade a team next year even if he were the only player that was a senior.  Much the same way Ashland would downgrade if Holbrook was the only graduate.

There's no doubt in my mind that they will have a hard time defending their distrct title.  Although I believe the race will be solely between Johnson Central and Ashland. 

I see Mason County dropping off with the graduation of QB Ty Sargent who was a one man wrecking crew for this team. 

Boyd County loses QB Luke Moore, RB Brennan Sargent, WR Austin Hunter, and their other top WR. 

The program at Lawrence seems to be reeling as of late.

Greenup County still has several years to grow up before becoming a district contender.
No
Lawrence Co will be fun to watch this year and could be right in the mix for the district title. But I look for Mason Co. to be the team to watch out for.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Batpuff Wrote:Lawrence Co will be fun to watch this year and could be right in the mix for the district title. But I look for Mason Co. to be the team to watch out for.

:thumpsup: :1:
Lawrence Co might be reeling but you better come to play when ever they take the field because they will hit you hard and they keep hitting untill the whistle blows . And I agree I think Mason will be the surprise team this year .Every body keeps talking Ashland & JC but Look out for Mason. But compared to Bell co and Rockcastle co's district I think are's will be week . Bell and Rock will be loaded just like last year . But what ever team we have going agiants them and I would love for it to be us but who ever it is I will pull for them . I look forward to the new season I love high school football .:popcorn:
I am thinking Johnson Central Should be in the chase seeing they almost beat them last season for the title