Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who has the best field in the 15th region?
I'm saying pikeville, the turf is awsome, you hardly will ever get bad hops in the infield because of it. It doesn't slow down at all when it hits, I like that. I didn't like their pitchers mound tho, it is way to narrow, last year I about fell off it, it needs to be reconfigured or something. :lol:
r u serious
who do u think has the best field in the 15th
dont even write in this one people
theres nothing to talk about on this one
everyone knows the answer
PIKEVILLE!
As always...Pikeville is TOPS!
"Beef" Wrote:As always...Pikeville is TOPS!

Just like in basketball right beef? j/k

But this thread should seriously be called "2nd Best Field in the 15th Region" because Pikeville's field is just unbelivable..Probably a top 5 field in the state...
Pikeville's field is definently the nicest around!
Is this post for real?

Obviously its Pikeville...Not only are they the best in the 15th region, but its a high contender for best in the state!
"Raider" Wrote:I'm saying pikeville, the turf is awsome, you hardly will ever get bad hops in the infield because of it. It doesn't slow down at all when it hits, I like that. I didn't like their pitchers mound tho, it is way to narrow, last year I about fell off it, it needs to be reconfigured or something. :lol:

Im not sure if your being serious about the mound, but if you are then...No, it doesn't need to be "reconfigured"...It is in accordance to all regulations of the KHSAA! Maybe you just aren't used to one that is configured right?!?!
One-hoppers are hard to get judge in the outfield because the ball bounces much higher than on regular grass. I really liked the mound though, felt perfect to me.
Belfry's field with the light pole....lol. Pikeville is #1 when it comes to baseball facilities.
South Floyd :roll:
"BaseballFan13" Wrote:
"Raider" Wrote:I'm saying pikeville, the turf is awsome, you hardly will ever get bad hops in the infield because of it. It doesn't slow down at all when it hits, I like that. I didn't like their pitchers mound tho, it is way to narrow, last year I about fell off it, it needs to be reconfigured or something. :lol:

Im not sure if your being serious about the mound, but if you are then...No, it doesn't need to be "reconfigured"...It is in accordance to all regulations of the KHSAA! Maybe you just aren't used to one that is configured right?!?!

The sides are way too steep In my opinion.
Being a former coach in the 15th i have seen every field and Pikeville is the nicest but the mound is not in standers with KHSAA hieght yes but is supposed to be sloped down evenly all the way around but still the best field by far.
2nd I would have to put East Ridge nicer facility all around then pikeville but that is the whole set up not just the field.
"littlej" Wrote:Being a former coach in the 15th i have seen every field and Pikeville is the nicest but the mound is not in standers with KHSAA hieght yes but is supposed to be sloped down evenly all the way around but still the best field by far.
2nd I would have to put East Ridge facility all around then pikeville but that is the whole set up not just the field.

Height is really all that matters...But that doesnt matter. I would actually put Pikeville's facilities above ER as well. The softball field at ER is probably the only thing that outranks Pikeville.
Height....I thought that the Pikeville mound was as low as one could be??

But all around..Pikeville is tops....I mean the field is unbelievable, the dugouts are equiped with everything that you need (bat stalls, helment stalls, stall for each player to put glove/hat, water coolers, very larger in general), warm-up equipment (batting practice cage, nets for pitcher - 1st - 2nd - 3rd), Great lighting.

What else do you need?
No...it is a tall mound, but it meets all standards.

Best everything...
pikeville's field with out a doubt, there's no question about that!
I believe the pitcher's mound is just fine also.
"BaseballFan13" Wrote:No...it is a tall mound, but it meets all standards.

Best everything...
Maybe it was the Reds' mound that was flat that I'm thinking of.....oh well....High Class facility....and I guess the high mound jus works for home fiild advantage Big Grin
haha I love the mound at Pikeville
hey im gonna be different and say...........Pikeville no other field even competes with it
haha everyone already knows who this is so no reason to reallyt talk about it lol
Pikeville's is by far the best, but from what I hear Belfry's new facility is gonna be top notch also, IDK if they are gonna have turf like on their new football field, but I'm sure it will be nice.
Pikeville definatley has an awesome field but East Ridge has a nice home section for their fans.....
Can't wait to see the new Belfry field.
"the_phenom3" Wrote:Can't wait to see the new Belfry field.

IMO Belfry now has the second best field in the region. The press box is second ot none, all of the bleachers are covered, the field is perfect...
SC is going to be strong
Pikeville has the best field without a doubt because of their turf. Their mound is great, you people must be nuts. The team that has the best field besides Pikeville would be JCHS, Paintsville, ER.
I would pick ER as my winner just because it doesn't have a short porch like Paintsville and it doesn't have an upward slant in right like JCHS.
Some could argue for LCHS, but that field is just too hard.
"FUPA" Wrote:Pikeville has the best field without a doubt because of their turf. Their mound is great, you people must be nuts. The team that has the best field besides Pikeville would be JCHS, Paintsville, ER.
I would pick ER as my winner just because it doesn't have a short porch like Paintsville and it doesn't have an upward slant in right like JCHS.

ER might be alright if they actually new how to mow their field. I will take JCHS over them because they have changed everything on their field. Drainage system, new mound, new infield grass, and new dirt. Today they got all the grass down and started working on the clay for the infield.
"FaStPiTcH" Wrote:ER might be alright if they actually new how to mow their field. I will take JCHS over them because they have changed everything on their field. Drainage system, new mound, new infield grass, and new dirt. Today they got all the grass down and started working on the clay for the infield.
If JCHS got new dirt and a drainage system they are for sure the best next to Pikeville. Glad to see them get both, I dont know which was more needed, that dirt takes the skin off of kids. The only thing wrong now is the Mid-day sun, that is horrible.