Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHOULD Davis come back??
I think the kid should return and then I think he should leave at the same time.

Dont get me wrong, he is the best player in the nation by far and will be the #1 pick and go on to have a decent career in the NBA. But my point is that he could come back and put on some weight, in which he needs to badly before been overly succesful at the next level. Another thing is, He shoots a high percentage but does he really shoot that well? I mean the team just goes down and throws the ball up in the air to him and he dunks it. I promise ya it wont be that easy in the NBA! And his blocked shots, the kid is an unbelievable shot blocker at this level. He has the best timing of anybody I have saw in awhile. But picture up standing beside a Dwight Howard or a Dirk Nowitzki, I dont see him blocking shots on any of the NBA's bigs. I know all of you will disagree with me on this but just a few things that I think he could come back and improve on before going to the next level. But then again multi million bucks talks and you cant blame him at all for going and taking the money.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for kids staying in college and getting an education, athlete or not. But, Anthony Davis' opportunity to be the number one overall pick is now. He certainly still has a lot of room for development but IMO he will be an all star in the NBA. Davis has had an exceptional freshman season at Kentucky but I don't expect him to stay at all.
No. He is going to be the number 1 pick in the draft. Only reason he shouldn't go is because the Bobcats are likely to get that pick and they are terrible.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
In one word: NO!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
One of the dumbest questions ever on here! Would you ever turn down millions if it was offered to you? He will be top pick; nothing more he could do to be better than the top pick!
No, NBA will put weight on him once he gets drafted by a team.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Obviously he isn't going to improve his draft stock but he could better by staying I think. Not saying he isnt good because he is the best in the country IMO. If I were in his shoes I'd be gone to though. Let me rephrase my question. Would Davis better himself by staying? Would he have a better Nba career by staying one more season? No, I don't expect him too but just asking
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
He's a lock for the #1 pick...
no reason to wait...
I just wonder how he will fare when Dwight Howard posts him up.
zaga_fan Wrote:He's a lock for the #1 pick...
no reason to wait...
I just wonder how he will fare when Dwight Howard posts him up.
Prolly the same as everyone else. Have you seen anyone in the league stop Howard? I ain't. Davis has the potential to be a star in the NBA. He has speed, length, great hands, impeciable timing and a great demeanor on the court. Plus, his body still has some growing to do. he will fill out more and I look for him to be comparable to LaMarcus Aldridge in size.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
No.
Bahahahahaha. Bahahahahaha - Are you serious????? This is a serious question??? Bahahahahahaha!

"Hello Anthony, you just picked the winning numbers of the Lotto, you just won $40,000,000!"

"Hunh, you want to put your ticket back and you will just go ahead an play the Lotto next year instead?"

"Congratulations Mr. Obama, you have just won the election to be President of the United States of America!"

"Hunh, you have decided to go back Illinois and be Senator and wait till the next election?"
theVILLE Wrote:I think the kid should return and then I think he should leave at the same time.

Dont get me wrong, he is the best player in the nation by far and will be the #1 pick and go on to have a decent career in the NBA. But my point is that he could come back and put on some weight, in which he needs to badly before been overly succesful at the next level. Another thing is, He shoots a high percentage but does he really shoot that well? I mean the team just goes down and throws the ball up in the air to him and he dunks it. I promise ya it wont be that easy in the NBA! And his blocked shots, the kid is an unbelievable shot blocker at this level. He has the best timing of anybody I have saw in awhile. But picture up standing beside a Dwight Howard or a Dirk Nowitzki, I dont see him blocking shots on any of the NBA's bigs. I know all of you will disagree with me on this but just a few things that I think he could come back and improve on before going to the next level. But then again multi million bucks talks and you cant blame him at all for going and taking the money.

lol man...you don't know basketball. He's gained quite a bit of weight just through the season, he'll be big enough to handle the NBA by next season. And he has a 7'6 wingspan...he will block shots even more often than he does now because NBA takes many more shots.

And yeah, he shoots good. His Junior year he was a 6'3 Guard. He's a great shooter for his size.
Amun-Ra Wrote:No. He is going to be the number 1 pick in the draft. Only reason he shouldn't go is because the Bobcats are likely to get that pick and they are terrible.

Hahaha, Michael Jordan is so stupid and such a crappy owner that he probably won't even draft him...
Can he improve and gain weight? Sure

But he can do that while getting paid millions at the next level.

There is NO choice.
vundy33 Wrote:lol man...you don't know basketball. He's gained quite a bit of weight just through the season, he'll be big enough to handle the NBA by next season. And he has a 7'6 wingspan...he will block shots even more often than he does now because NBA takes many more shots.

And yeah, he shoots good. His Junior year he was a 6'3 Guard. He's a great shooter for his size.

We heard all of this about Kevin Durant as well.

Anthony Davis: 6-10, 220
Bulls - Joakim Noah - 6-11, 230
Celtics - JaJuan Johnson 6-10, 221
Celtics - Chris Wilcox - 6-10, 235
Nets - Craig Brackins - 6-10, 230
Raptors - Ed Davis - 6-10, 232
Raptors - Amir Johnson - 6-9, 210
Warriors - Dorell Wright 6-9, 205
Lakers - Devin Ebanks - 6-9, 215
Kings - Donte Greene - 6-11, 226
Kings - Hassan Whiteside - 7-0, 235

I got bored and quit the above, people can go look for themselves. Point is, Davis will be able to play with his size.
YES.... Just not strong enough for the NBA yet..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The answer to the question is no, push Davis out the door. You go to college to make more money, why not start now?

With that being said, I do think he'll get pushed around in the NBA for a couple years before he begins making a strong impact. Especially since he'll be drafted by the Bobcats
vundy33 Wrote:lol man...you don't know basketball. He's gained quite a bit of weight just through the season, he'll be big enough to handle the NBA by next season. And he has a 7'6 wingspan...he will block shots even more often than he does now because NBA takes many more shots.

Has he really put on that much weight? NO! Like I said I wouldnt expect him to come back or even consider him to come back. He cant improve his draft stock any at all, he would risk an injury. But I was just asking a simple question. Would he be better off by coming back a season? If he could come back without an injury I think he would. He would put on the weight and he would only get better... I dont see him blocking near as many shots though in the NBA. He will be an all star and has potential to be more if his body fills out some... I was in no way shape or form saying he wzasnt ready for the NBA, he is by far ready for it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:Has he really put on that much weight? NO! Like I said I wouldnt expect him to come back or even consider him to come back. He cant improve his draft stock any at all, he would risk an injury. But I was just asking a simple question. Would he be better off by coming back a season? If he could come back without an injury I think he would. He would put on the weight and he would only get better... I dont see him blocking near as many shots though in the NBA. He will be an all star and has potential to be more if his body fills out some... I was in no way shape or form saying he wzasnt ready for the NBA, he is by far ready for it.

Well, any and every player would benefit from and extra year in college.

If you don't think he's gained quite a bit of muscle, especially in his chest and arms, go look at pics from the first of the season. I don't think he needs to gain much more weight..probably 10-15 pounds max. He'll be the fastest big man in the NBA next year...backing down a defender isn't the only thing a pro big man does, not even the most common.