Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shabazz Muhammad Issues?
The NCAA has warned schools to be cautious in recruiting Shabazz Muhammad due to financial dealings that could jeopardize Muhammad's amateur status, possibly making him ineligible next season.

According to the CBS Sports story about Muhammad, the NCAA is concerned with his family's connections to financial advisers Benjamin Lincoln from North Carolina and Ken Kavanagh from New York. Lincoln's brother is an assistant on Shabazz's high school team and paid for 2 of Muhammad's unofficial college visits. Kavanagh has funded Shabazz's summer team.

Shabazz is considering Kentucky, Kansas, UCLA, UNLV, Duke and USC.

Will this be a serious issue or will it blow over? Is the NCAA over-reacting? I don't think it'll be enough of an issue to make Shabazz ineligible.
While its not surprising their investigating this because of past players, i think there going a little overboard with this one.
The family knw Lincoln when Shabazz was very young, long before college interest, he just helped them pay to tak unofficial visits, which should be legal.
This kid will get our program in a shit-ton of trouble. wait and see.
I don't think it's a big deal. Can't get us in trouble if he doesn't play...won't play unless he's clear. Simple..
Just have to wait and see how this plays out. But if he's a risk to the basketball program I would stay away from recruiting him.
Cal is safe, he's the "Teflon Don"!