Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should UK lose a game before the Touney?
Hot topics to cuss and discuss as we end the regular season and get into the best month of the year:

Syracuse (2) or Kentucky (3) for the overall No. 1 seed?
The correct answer is Kentucky, but it’s not by a wide margin. The RPI prefers the Orange, though Jeff Sagarin and Ken Pomeroy do not. Even in a slightly down season, the Big East is tougher than the SEC, which has failed to live up to preseason billing. Florida, Vanderbilt and Alabama are not quite as good as advertised, and Mississippi State is a rapidly unraveling NIT team. Total bids for the SEC, as of now: four. Total bids for the Big East, as of now: at least eight.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/...ons_022812
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I get a kick out of these conversations. I just don't know how anyone with any sense to them can believe a loss is better than a win in ANY case. In ALL my coaching years, I have never ever thought that our team is too big for their britches, and they need to go out and lose this game so they can be grounded!!!!
^I agree. What better way to keep your team motivated than to keep winning.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
^ Ditto!
Stardust Wrote:I get a kick out of these conversations. I just don't know how anyone with any sense to them can believe a loss is better than a win in ANY case. In ALL my coaching years, I have never ever thought that our team is too big for their britches, and they need to go out and lose this game so they can be grounded!!!!

Losses never help.
Kentucky has been tested in the last few games and I believe they have all the experience one season can grant you from the games they've played.
You can make a good situation out of anything, but IMO a close win will help you more than anything else will.
Keep winning is how I would want it to go...
I would like to punch the guy whoever said "we need to lose a game to get better in the tourny" in the face.

Coaches only say this so that when we lose, like UK did this year, the coahc can say, "we needed this, it will make us better".

Win every game.
Thats the goal.
I don't think we need to lose again. The only reason I would think that was to get it out of the way, and get the experience. But we've already gotten plenty of experience in close games, so no, we don't "need" another loss.
I'm one of the few that believes that no lose is good, but sometimes you need one. A loss gives you extra motivation and refocuses you.
Pitino said if they didn't lose to Miss St in the SEC championship that they don't win #6. After the lose UK proceeded to run teams out of the gym.
^ No, they should be 40-0!