Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Are Your Picks For The Four Number 1 Seeds?
With all of the talk about dUKe and UNC, i was wondering what everyone else thought?

My thoughts....

UK and Syracuse are locks no matter what happen at this point, even first round losses in there conference tourny's....

That leaves two spots.

Being completely honest Duke is extremely overrated. There like the Ohio State of college basketball and only remain high in the polls because there Duke which is sickening.
UNC has lost to much this year to warrant a number seed. While its not impossible for the selection committee to give them one, they dont deserve it.
Kansas has some bad losses (Davidson and Iowa State) plus they lost to Duke. They dont deserve one.
Ohio State------LOL, sucks.
Missouri might....there losses to K State suck, but there only losses besides that is a close one at Kansas and to OK State.
After Michigan States usual late season letdown tonight, i cant go with them.

With that being said, theres really noone else left, so the other two have to come from the above list.
So with that said, im going to pick my 4 number one seeds by the way i think the committee will do it, not by how i think it should be.....

My four number ones....
1. Kentucky (Overall)
2. Syracuse
3. Kansas
4. North Carolina

I picked Kansas and Carolina because i believe they will win there conference tourny's. With that being said, Duke will fall behind Carolina and Kansas is already ranked 3rd, even though rankings have nothing to do with the committee. IMHO, if Missouri wins the big 12, they will take the place of Kansas as a one seed.
Lunardis Current number ones are ....

1. Kentucky (Overall)
2. Syracuse
3. Kansas
4. Michigan State

lol, he also has Murray State, Louisville, Baylor, Kansas St., Xavier, Cincinnati and North Carolina in our bracket. Someone should tell him its not about the schools closest to one another considering 5 of them are within 2 hours of each other.
Ive got

1. Kentucky
2. Syracuse
3. Kansas
4. UNC/Duke

I think with UNC-Duke. If UNC beats Duke this weekend, the 4th #1 is theirs. If Duke beats UNC for a 2nd time and makes a deep run into the ACC tourney (im talking champ game) then I think they get the 1 seed.
My 4 #1 seeds are as follows and reasons why

#1 overall Kentucky lock no argument
2nd #1 Syracuse lock no argument
3rd #1 Missouri 2 losses to a good k-state team, a 7 point loss on the road at ok state
which they blew out the 2nd time around and a 1 point loss to KU in ot at
KU and i think they will win the big 12
4th #1 UNC a loss to a good unlv team, then a 1 point loss to UK at rupp, a bad loss a
bad loss to FSU at FSU which beat Duke at Cameron Indoor, then a 1
point loss to Duke at home. and I think they will win the ACC

IMO UNC's four losses dont weigh as much or look as bad as Dukes so if they win the acc and i believe they will the tar heels will edge out Duke for the last #1 spot.

I went with Missouri ahead of UNC because their the only other #1 deserving team because Duke wont win the ACC so that will knock out Duke and even tho they lost in Lawrence to KU by 1 in OT they will prevail as Big 12 champs solidifing them as #1 seed above UNC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
My Bracketology which i find better than Lunardi's lol

South Bracket
1. Kentucky
2. Duke
3. Georgetown
4. Louisville
5. Creighton
6. Temple
7. Gonzaga
8. Iowa St
9. Kansas St
10. Cincy

East Bracket
1.Syracuse
2. Baylor
3. Michigan
4. Florida
5. Wichita St
6. UNLV
7. New Mexico
8. Virginia
9. St louis
10. Arizona

West Bracket
1. UNC
2. Kansas
3. Marquette
4. Indiana
5. Florida St
6. Vandy
7. St Marys
8. Purdue
9. Cal
10. Washington

Midwest Bracket
1. Missouri
2. Ohio St.
3. Michigan St
4. Wisconsin
5. Notre Dame
6. Murray st
7. San Diego St.
8. Memphis
9. Southern Miss
10. Harvard
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Lunardis Current number ones are ....

1. Kentucky (Overall)
2. Syracuse
3. Kansas
4. Michigan State

lol, he also has Murray State, Louisville, Baylor, Kansas St., Xavier, Cincinnati and North Carolina in our bracket. Someone should tell him its not about the schools closest to one another considering 5 of them are within 2 hours of each other.

Don't know what he is smoking, because Xavier has looked NIT bound for a while to me. Maybe he is 100% on them winning the A10 tourney, still I don't see them making it.
If the NCAA tournament started right now (without conference tournaments), I would have to go with....

1. UK
2. Syracuse
3. dUKe
4. Kansas

...based on RPI, SOS and Power Rankings.
You guys go off of who beat who WAY too much..doesn't even hardly matter on Selection Sunday.
UK and Syracuse are the only two locks for number one seeds. Who knows after that. It will all depend on the confernce tourneys.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]