Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 58 Johnson Central 57
[quote author=colgate link=topic=20645.msg208075#msg208075 date=1142020642]
Props to Laura Perkins..she's the real hero of the game. I dont understand why this girl doesnt start, but she really gets the team going. If it wasnt for her, Valley would have been blown away. She's a great defensive and offensive player that plays with A LOT of heart.

Also, props to Esther on the final minutes of the game. After a rough start in the first half she pulled it together and hit 2 key layups and not to forget the pressure free throw to win the game.

Good luck to you girls. Keep the momentum alive and beat those Hawks Monday night.
[/quote]

My thoughts also on Laura,off the bench 16 pts and held the score with in 12 the first half.She plays with a fearless attitude and The kid has tons of stamina and plays the game with desire/heart on both ends of the court.Any other team she would be starting but she seems happy with just being able to play.She will be a great asset to her team for another 3 yrs,and will only get better!I wish the lady cats well on monday night and their future.
[quote author=rippinnet link=topic=20645.msg208223#msg208223 date=1142037240]
Quote:He is one of the best coaches around here, must have been your kid sitting on the bench...

I don't have any kids on his bench...that's why I can be so honest.  You must be a relative of his.
[/quote]

Nope I dont even live in Johnson Co. or know anything about that place.. Im a graduate of South Floyd
WAY TO GO LADYKATS!!! WE ARE SOOOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU ALL!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND BRING HOME A REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!  :party:
wow..congrats SV
[quote author=rippinnet link=topic=20645.msg208163#msg208163 date=1142031557]
Congrats Lady Cats!

Lady Eagles hold your heads high...you're a great bunch of girls...you deserve more!

Phillip...you did it again...3 years in a row...blown 2 regionals & 1 district. Once again YOU lost without giving your bench a chance.  How many turn-overs was that?  And how many does it take before you take a player out & give someone else a chance?  I guess that just depends on who that player is.  I'm not sure if you will read this,...but I'm sure that one of your loyal followers will tell you about it.
[/quote]

i have to agree with rippinnet in that wireman should have given some of his other players a chance because who he had in the game wasn't working.... look at all the turnovers late in the game.... don't put all your eggs in one basket.

the games that i have attended here lately, i have noticed a trend in the end of the game... he always has the same players in the game... is that a coincidence?

[quote author=girlsbballer link=topic=20645.msg208311#msg208311 date=1142044423]
Oh and by the way, he knows his players and the players on the bench either aren't ready to play at that level or don't deserve to. Get over it.
[/quote]

.... you don't have the right to say that some of those girls dont deserve a chance to play or arent good enough.... they have to be doin somethin right to even be on the team..... obviously you dont look at stats....