Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leslie County Fire Kills 5
A fire at a residence on Cutshin Road in Leslie County killed five people early Sunday morning, according to the Leslie County sheriff's office.

Kentucky State Police said the fatalities include three children.

The home was located in Smilax, a rural part of the county, the sheriff's office said.  There's no word yet on what caused the fire.
Thats horrible!
Sad news. My thoughts and prayers go out to family and friends
Whats going on especially at this time of year.

Yesterday nine including six kids killed in TN in a fire and this morning this and six killed in a fire in Illinois including four kids.

TERRIBLE NEWS!
All of those stories are terrible. I know that it is forest fire season but good lord, why are homes catching fire like that?
These stories clearly show the need to have smoke detectors in your home and to make sure they are working.  Work with your children and create a plan!  You can never do enough to prepare for this situation.  My heart goes out to the families that have been mentioned.
[quote author=BelfryJustice link=topic=20778.msg209852#msg209852 date=1142197446]
These stories clearly show the need to have smoke detectors in your home and to make sure they are working. Work with your children and create a plan! You can never do enough to prepare for this situation. My heart goes out to the families that have been mentioned.
[/quote]

Absolutley true....Our family has had fire drills and went over escape plans and preached to our children that we don't go back for pets( and we have several).I only hope and pray that we never have to put our plans into action.

Another detector that all homes should have is a carbon monoxide detector, as carbon monoxide is a silent killer.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families.
thats sad