Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin Co. vs Shelby Valley 3/2/2012
lets hear it?
Lady Hornets by 6. Gonna be a heck of a game to watch either way IMO.
magoffin by 8 they came out got that first and extremly sloppy performance out of the way now all eyes on vally at this point. look for the lady hornets to come out and put alot of pressure on the ball and if valley decides to press then you will prolly see alot of run outs by the hornets with castle and reed in the open court
Valley by 10. and Bre played a great all around game tonight.
Magoffin
SV over MC by 5 in a close one. Just think their is a little more talent at the Valley.
MC by 10
SV by 3
OK, there is a lot to say about this one. Definitely will be the best semifinal matchup IMO. Everyone knows that these 2 and Painstville are the 3 teams to beat. It is interesting that MC barely squeaked by Belfry while Valley almost scored 100 on P-burg. Will it mean MC received the "wake-up" call? Will it mean Valley will pick it up right where they left off?
Both of them have excellent guards who can handle the ball and who are 3-point threats. Turnovers and points off turnovers will be a major factor since both teams love to push the ball. I honestly think the difference will be Brenna Fraley and Leeza Mullins. They are the most experienced and give Valley a little extra edge in that department. While I think both of these teams will be competing for the regional crown for the next few years, I really feel this year belongs to the SV LadyKats. I won't be at all surprised if I am wrong, but I will take SV by 12.
When two good teams meet one has to lose and this is one of the best matchups thus far. I would go with SV but I am going on imo the team with the most heart and thats Magoffin. I think the win in the All A State will help them be tournament ready and prepare them for this game. Could go either way but Ill take Magoffin by 4.
SV
These two teams are really scrappy on D but I would give SV's D the advantage since Fraley has been added.

SV by 4
Hillbilly Heartthrob Wrote:These two teams are really scrappy on D but I would give SV's D the advantage since Fraley has been added.

SV by 4

magoffin played dead last night, but it was thier defense that won the game, kept causing turnovers forcing bad shots. if anyone of these teams has go a scrappy defense it will be valley.
magic man Wrote:magoffin played dead last night, but it was thier defense that won the game, kept causing turnovers forcing bad shots. if anyone of these teams has go a scrappy defense it will be valley.

That's what I said wasn't it?
SV by 6. Great team.
SV by 10, 70-60.
IMO the two best coaches in the 15th going head-to-head, Can't wait till Friday!
Hillbilly Heartthrob Wrote:IMO the two best coaches in the 15th going head-to-head, Can't wait till Friday!
It's gonna be a heck of a game to watch!
^It was a pretty good one last time as well. Hopefully this one will have the same outcome.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:^It was a pretty good one last time as well. Hopefully this one will have the same outcome.

Does that mean you think Paintsville would have an easier time with MC? Or do you just root for your own district no matter what?
Lleyton21 Wrote:Does that mean you think Paintsville would have an easier time with MC? Or do you just root for your own district no matter what?

I think he means a good game like last time.
Lleyton21 Wrote:Does that mean you think Paintsville would have an easier time with MC? Or do you just root for your own district no matter what?

A little bit of both. I always root for our District and I guess we would have a little better match up with MC. Because it would make the 5th time we would play them this season. That is if either of us make it that far. We have to concentrate on Pikeville first.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Hillbilly Heartthrob Wrote:I think he means a good game like last time.

I also mean this as well. I hope it goes into 4 OTs...lol. No wait.....We play second that night. We wouldn't get started til around 10 if that happened. OK just a good game..lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:A little bit of both. I always root for our District and I guess we would have a little better match up with MC. Because it would make the 5th time we would play them this season. That is if either of us make it that far. We have to concentrate on Pikeville first.

So, you're saying Paintsville would be a better matchup against MC.

If so, I raelly don't see how you could say that.
Hillbilly Heartthrob Wrote:So, you're saying Paintsville would be a better matchup against MC.

If so, I raelly don't see how you could say that.

The reason I am saying that is because we are more familiar with them than we are with Shelby Valley. But, I guess it really doesn't matter either way. If we get there. Whoever we play, it should be a good game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
^For sure.
Should be a good night of basketball fri. night. I feel the winner of the MC, SV game could be heading to BG. Though, Painstville, and Pikeville are both very capable of knocking either team off.
Fraley and Mullins must stay out of foul trouble and Valley must keep knocking down the three. Valley by 11 61 to 50
I cant wait to see what happens...hopefully it will be a great game!:Thumbs:
^ Sets up an All A final 4!