Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK's Kidd-Gilchrist says he's coming back (!?!)
In the postgame interviews, apparently MKG told reporters that he planned on graduating from UK, and that he's "staying at Kentucky".

http://www.kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=107601

Obviously this may have been something he just said in the excitement of a big win, but still... can you imagine if we had him again next year?

:insane:
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cousins said the same thing, if I remember correctly. He even still says to this day that he would have stayed another year at UK if John Calipari wouldn't have convinced him to leave.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If MKG graduates and plays all four years I'd cry like a baby, but also I think his decision to do that might change the College Basketball landscape forever. If he stays and wins a National Championship or two then I think some One and Dones might reconsider things.
He says that now, but hes just a kid.
When NBA prospects tell him he could be a lottery pick and worth millions at the end of the year then he will reconsider.

Personally, i think kids should graduate. All you here is how these ball players are blowing money and going broke. Plus, once they get to the NBA they might be a bust.

On the flip side though, if you stay you risk becoming someone like Sullinger whos draft status IMO has fallen greatly. He might still go early, but he no where near the top prospect anymore IMO. Sams thing with Harrison Barnes.

I also hate when players state something like this during the season. It could make players like Shabazz go somewhere else and then at the end of the year MKG might leave. Its just a bad situation to be put in.
When you're a lottery pick, you go pro. You never know what can happen and potential cost yourself millions and your career.
I don't believe him though, it's too good to be true. Cal will convince him to leave and make the right choice anyway.
He also said afterwards via his Twitter account, " I will do whatever is best for me". So if he stays, great! I wouldn't count on it.

Besides if he is a lottery pick he needs to go. Calipari should do his best to make him go if he is a lottery pick.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
I'd be the happiest man in the world if he stayed. But, money talks!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Im sure he has a million dollar inurance policy in case of injury. Just saying. But the best thing for him would be to go.
According to MKG's mother's twitter account, he will be staying, because she said so.LOL. Apparently he's on the same program that Patrick Patterson was as far as staying in school because of his parents. So if she says he needs to stay, he's staying. And from what I gather, she wants him to stay.
Yes, please!
I would be absolutely ecstatic if MKG stayed. He brings skills to the table that you don't see every day. He's an excellent player, has a tremendous motor, and a high basketball IQ on offense and defense. However, with a giant paycheck looming if he decides to go pro, it's hard to believe he would stay if he won the national championship this season.
Told you all. MKG isn't Cousins, this kid is an man. I think he'll end up staying no matter how high he'd go in the draft if we don't win the championship, and might even stay if we do.
vundy33 Wrote:Told you all. MKG isn't Cousins, this kid is an man. I think he'll end up staying no matter how high he'd go in the draft if we don't win the championship, and might even stay if we do.

lol
If he comes back I'd like to see Cal actually run some plays for the kid.
He plays a great game of basketball but I'd say 90% of his points are simply him putting himself in the right place at the right time.

I really think that if they ran more plays for MKG to actually do some work he could lead the team in scoring.
But when he produces like he does and you don't run plays for him....
I can see why Cal doesn't do it lol
king360 Wrote:lol

Ohhhh, looks like we got a grammar nazi huh?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:He says that now, but hes just a kid.
When NBA prospects tell him he could be a lottery pick and worth millions at the end of the year then he will reconsider.

Personally, i think kids should graduate. All you here is how these ball players are blowing money and going broke. Plus, once they get to the NBA they might be a bust.

On the flip side though, if you stay you risk becoming someone like Sullinger whos draft status IMO has fallen greatly. He might still go early, but he no where near the top prospect anymore IMO. Sams thing with Harrison Barnes.

I also hate when players state something like this during the season. It could make players like Shabazz go somewhere else and then at the end of the year MKG might leave. Its just a bad situation to be put in.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to have Shabazz and all, but I'll take a Sophomore MKG over Shabazz any day. That's if he stays now but if he goes I would want nothing more than Shabazz to be a Wildcat.
MGK is seeing blue right now. As much as I hate to admit it, I think his mind will change when he starts seeing green.
Might hurt with recruiting the other one and done's.
I hold out judgement on this for the end of the year. I think that these kids will always say something to the effect of this as the season is going on, but as the reality of their draft stock becomes apparent, they really have to weigh whether it is better or not to come back take a risk. It is very obvious that MKG loves this team, school, city and program and would want nothign more to become an absolute legendary player of the college game, but he may be approaching a situation where it is in his best interest to leave for the league. MKG will do whats best for him, not what the majority of the fanbase wants him to do. I am fine with what ever decision he chooses.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I can see these kids with big eyes looking at the money of being a lottery pick, but, it's the second contract that is really what makes you the cash. Staying in school and developing and playing so that you are not a draftee who was not ready, is the best thing in my opinion. These guys go pro and just don't see the on court time.. and it effects them..
No chance he comes back.....however, it would be great if he did. As good as a recruiter Cal is, he could get a good replacement for him the following year.

While on this subject, not that I am a big Jones fan but I think he could use another year.
I am really torn on which one I would really want, a second year Gilchrist or Shabazz???
[SIZE="4"]
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I am really torn on which one I would really want, a second year Gilchrist or Shabazz???

I think it's an easy decision. MKG all day everyday
MKG's talent will be easily replaced by Calipari, that is obvious. However his toughness, and drive will not be replaced. I would take a Sophomore MKG over any superstar freshman at that position.
Kidd-Gilchrist has to 'convince' Calipari he should stay

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist will have to make a persuasive case before Kentucky Coach John Calipari will accept the notion of his returning to college next season.

"He has to come up with reasons why he's coming back to convince me," Calipari said Monday on a Southeastern Conference coaches' teleconference. "Here's why: What if he gets hurt, and I'm out there convincing him to come back?"

Calipari also noted the possibility of a player returning to college and then seeing his draft stock fall.

"It's hard to live with yourself," Calipari said, "unless you're trying to win five more games or 'How many games can I win before I retire?' "

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/02/27/20865...rylink=cpy
HawksRule Wrote:I think it's an easy decision. MKG all day everyday

Completely agree.. I think that the amount of raw scoring potential that Shabazz gives you can be made up with all of the other stars. So give me a defensive machine, with a continuous motor to fight and play hard. MKG is about as unique as the come!
[SIZE="4"]
Kidd-Gilchrist will be back at UK - TO FINISH HIS DEGREE - NOT to play basketball!
LWC Wrote:Cousins said the same thing, if I remember correctly. He even still says to this day that he would have stayed another year at UK if John Calipari wouldn't have convinced him to leave.

I was thinking about this exact situation when I saw this. Calipari has SO many recruits coming in every year that he can't have players of Cousins and Gilchrist's magnitude stick around which isn't right but, that's how Calipari chooses to do it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Calipari's players choose to leave and go pro, they aren't forced to. Geez...