Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region Tournament
They miss out on the atmosphere, but that can be adjusted if they would do it, but if they move it back to the high schools, they will miss out on the money that having it at the Arena brings in to all the smaller schools in the region. A small school like Barbourville played in one round last year and received over $3700, that is a big chunk of change for a school with just over a 100 kids. So the choice is atmosphere or money? Fans choose atmosphere, most of the schools will choose the money everytime. Except for the big schools, because they have it and don't need it as bad as the smaller schools do.

With all this said, I do believe Harlan County will be hosting at their new gym next year, then it returns to the Arena the following year!
UKFan8 Wrote:How in the world do you come to that conclusion after just watching them get outplayed by an 8-24 team??? Yes, 8-24!!!!!!!!

Maybe you're right and they'll dominate the whole 13th Region in the regular season next year, but if they get ousted in the 1st Round of the Regional Tournament, what have they really accomplished at the end of the day?????

Whitley Co. doesn't have NEAR the individual talent on that team that you think they do. Ashley Woolum clearly proved that! If Brandi Smith is the best player in the 13th Region bar none like you've been claiming all year, then maybe Ashley Woolum should be a Miss Basketball candidate because Smith is clearly not in the same league with that young lady. Ask some college coaches and you'll clearly find that out in a hurry!!!!!!

I can come to that inclusion because we went 23-7 this with only 2 losses in the 13th region by a combined 6 points.
For you talking about Whitley's players you dont know shit. Your setting here saying Smith is not in the same league with Woolums showss how pathetic you are. How many times did you watch Whitley this year? Once? Twice? Watch her for 20 games and you wont be saying stupid shit like that.
I really hope you dont fade out like most of the other losers who get on here and only post while there team is winning, because ill still be here. Come back to me next year and tell me something like this.

Maybe your team can just hold the ball as well. Hell, might as well. No shot clock.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I can come to that inclusion because we went 23-7 this with only 2 losses in the 13th region by a combined 6 points.
For you talking about Whitley's players you dont know shit. Your setting here saying Smith is not in the same league with Woolums showss how pathetic you are. How many times did you watch Whitley this year? Once? Twice? Watch her for 20 games and you wont be saying stupid shit like that.
I really hope you dont fade out like most of the other losers who get on here and only post while there team is winning, because ill still be here. Come back to me next year and tell me something like this.

Maybe your team can just hold the ball as well. Hell, might as well. No shot clock.

I actually find it pretty funny that you cannot post a sentence on this site without cursing for one.

Secondly, I actually know several college coaches who have said the same thing about the shot. She's a good player but there's no way she could get that shot off against athletic players night-in night-out.

Maybe you should look in the mirror and check your basketball knowledge! Or, perhaps a better idea is maybe when Larry Anderson retires, they'll hire you so that the dynasty that Clay Co. has created will forever be gone and WHITLEY CO. will be the new Manual or Marion Co. of Eastern Kentucky!!!

Fact of the matter is, North Laurel moves on. Whitley Co. was a huge disappointment in the tournament. And you, my friend are embarrassed because of how much you've told us all year how great Whitley Co. is. Well, all I can tell you is that patented Whitley Co. phrase we, in Harlan Co. have become so accustomed to hearing in football: MAYBE NEXT YEAR!!!!!!

Enjoy the rest of the tournament.....from home!!!!!!!
[quote=RunItUpTheGut]I can come to that inclusion because we went 23-7 this with only 2 losses in the 13th region by a combined 6 points.

Maybe your team can just hold the ball as well. Hell, might as well. No shot clock.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter for how many games they lose or how many they win, it's the ability to be able to coach a team to a BIG WIN. You could go undefeated and get beat in the first round and what do you have? A lossing postseason.

For them to hold the ball with "NO SHOT CLOCK" is a very smart thing to do. Run, if your so great what would you do in this type of game? Would you run with them and get beat by 40 or so it down and win by 2? Yeah, sounds like great coaching to me. Congrats North and keep your heads up Whitley.:welcome:
b1gblu3sports Wrote:[quote=RunItUpTheGut]I can come to that inclusion because we went 23-7 this with only 2 losses in the 13th region by a combined 6 points.

Maybe your team can just hold the ball as well. Hell, might as well. No shot clock.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter for how many games they lose or how many they win, it's the ability to be able to coach a team to a BIG WIN. You could go undefeated and get beat in the first round and what do you have? A lossing postseason.

For them to hold the ball with "NO SHOT CLOCK" is a very smart thing to do. Run, if your so great what would you do in this type of game? Would you run with them and get beat by 40 or so it down and win by 2? Yeah, sounds like great coaching to me. Congrats North and keep your heads up Whitley.:welcome:

Thanks for finally agreeing with me.....They had a Good Coach....We didn't thus they are still playing while we are at the house. Exactly, what I've been saying and getting attacked for in the other Thread....:Thumbs:
UKFan8 Wrote:I actually find it pretty funny that you cannot post a sentence on this site without cursing for one.

Secondly, I actually know several college coaches who have said the same thing about the shot. She's a good player but there's no way she could get that shot off against athletic players night-in night-out.

Maybe you should look in the mirror and check your basketball knowledge! Or, perhaps a better idea is maybe when Larry Anderson retires, they'll hire you so that the dynasty that Clay Co. has created will forever be gone and WHITLEY CO. will be the new Manual or Marion Co. of Eastern Kentucky!!!

Fact of the matter is, North Laurel moves on. Whitley Co. was a huge disappointment in the tournament. And you, my friend are embarrassed because of how much you've told us all year how great Whitley Co. is. Well, all I can tell you is that patented Whitley Co. phrase we, in Harlan Co. have become so accustomed to hearing in football: MAYBE NEXT YEAR!!!!!!

Its not a rule violation so i dont see a problem. You have a word filter, use it.
UKFan8 Wrote:I actually find it pretty funny that you cannot post a sentence on this site without cursing for one.

I highly doubt you even know a middle school coach.
Everyone is a "professional" and in the know as long as there setting behind a keyboard.
Dont feed me that without proof.
Ive never said anything about her and college bball. I said she is the best player in the region and she is.
Ask every school, including HC how good she is....

That might be a good idea. Maybe since you know so many college coaches you could help me out after a few years at the college level :hilarious:

Enjoy the rest of the tournament.....from home
!!!!!!!

First of all, im not embarrased. Im an anonymous poster posting on a site about high school athletics. You dont know me. Ill go on abot my day as if nothing ever happened.
Secondly, HC has been a school for what, 3 years? you have no tradition.
Third, you will get a big dose of Whitley next year. The football and girls bball game will be a beatdown, but i will give you the boys bball game. Were awful.
And last, i will enjoy the tourny from home. Theres no sense in going and watching Clay kill Harlan Co. in the finals.....
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:First of all, im not embarrased. Im an anonymous poster posting on a site about high school athletics. You dont know me. Ill go on abot my day as if nothing ever happened.
Third, you will get a big dose of Whitley next year. The football and girls bball game will be a beatdown, but i will give you the boys bball game. Were awful.
And last, i will enjoy the tourny from home. Theres no sense in going and watching Clay kill Harlan Co. in the finals.....

It's one thing to argue about girls basketball, but you really don't think Whitley will give Harlan County a 'beatdown' in football next year do you? The Colonels need to be able to keep the Bears from hanging 50 on them, like they have in the last two meetings, before they can even start thinking about giving them a beatdown.
^
lol. Thats what i love about being the only Whitley fan on here year around.
You HC fans keep coming one right after another.
Only thing is if you all win everyone of you will come out.
If you all lose you hide in the shadows.
Me personally im here win lose or draw everytime.
Hell, what did the Whitley/HC girls game thread have, 3 or 4 post?
The prediction thread had like 3 pages but after the game it shut you all up and now the only oppertunity you have to rag on Whitley is after we lose to a team that has nothing to do with you all.
You all better hope and pray you dont get upset by North lol, that will be a field day for me. You all should though, your only playing for runner up anyways....
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
lol. Thats what i love about being the only Whitley fan on here year around.
You HC fans keep coming one right after another.
Only thing is if you all win everyone of you will come out.
If you all lose you hide in the shadows.
Me personally im here win lose or draw everytime.
Hell, what did the Whitley/HC girls game thread have, 3 or 4 post?
The prediction thread had like 3 pages but after the game it shut you all up and now the only oppertunity you have to rag on Whitley is after we lose to a team that has nothing to do with you all.
You all better hope and pray you dont get upset by North lol, that will be a field day for me. You all should though, your only playing for runner up anyways....

No response about the football game? I don't blame you.
HarlanCountyCard Wrote:No response about the football game? I don't blame you.

Let me rephrase with one short sentence.
Will we win the football game.

There is that better?
Hopefully will meet you in the playoffs for a second beatdown.

HC's three most famous quotes....

1. We will beat bell this year :hilarious:
2. We will win region without a hitch :hilarious:
3. Our new field will be done soon :hilarious:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Let me rephrase with one short sentence.

There is that better?
Hopefully will meet you in the playoffs for a second beatdown.

HC's three most famous quotes....

1. We will beat bell this year :hilarious:
2. We will win region without a hitch :hilarious:
3. Our new field will be done soon :hilarious:

This has become funny to think that you'll actually beat Harlan Co. in football next year.

And, after watching that great display of talent you've bragged about all year, I'm not confident that Whitley Co. will beat Harlan Co. in girls basketball next year either. They lose two seniors, albeit very good seniors, but regardless, next year's team will be very good as well. AND, this is what I've been trying to tell you all year on here, Whitley Co. will have to play them AT HC (ON THE ROAD). That was the difference in the game this year (besides Harlan Co. missing Sarah Evans). Whitley Co. was not great this year. If North Laurel with 8 wins on the season dominates you in the Regional Tournament, it was a little more than a good gameplan.

Finally, about football, the last three meetings, Harlan Co. has defeated Whitley Co. in football 41-27, 57-18, and 51-25. Whatever makes you think next year will be different, I'll never know. It'll be the same as this year where you'll tell us how great the Whitley football team is all year until they play Harlan Co. and then we'll come out and smack them in the mouth and it will be over and yet another 20+ pt. victory.

However, what's REALLY funny to me is when you bring Bell into the equation because to my knowledge, it's been well over 10 years since Whitley Co. beat Bell Co. in football. Since 2006, it's been 24-20, 38-14, 38-8, 34-7, 49-6, and 33-10.

Not saying that Harlan Co. is clearly better than Bell Co. in football, but at least they're in the same conversation with them. Whitley Co. doesn't belong in the same sentence as Harlan Co. and Bell Co. in football and you know it!!!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:That might be a good idea. Maybe since you know so many college coaches you could help me out after a few years at the college level :hilarious:

I could certainly do that! Who do you need to know?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I highly doubt you even know a middle school coach.
Everyone is a "professional" and in the know as long as there setting behind a keyboard.
Dont feed me that without proof.
Ive never said anything about her and college bball. I said she is the best player in the region and she is.
Ask every school, including HC how good she is....

How about asking North Laurel because I'm pretty sure that Ashley Woolum would say she's pretty average.

Also, while you're at it, ask Alisha Mitchell and Madden from Clay Co., Miranda Davenport from HC, and Ashley Mullins from Harlan and I'm pretty sure they'd say she's pretty average as well!!!!!
Quote: I said she is the best player in the region and she is.

Not according to the voting by the regional coaches she isnt.
UKFan8 Wrote:I could certainly do that! Who do you need to know?

How to lose with grace.... Come on guys it's just a high school game, it's not like the world is going to end because North beat Whitley.

Even though I think the world stop spinning for a second in his life.Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:First of all, im not embarrased. Im an anonymous poster posting on a site about high school athletics. You dont know me. Ill go on abot my day as if nothing ever happened.
OK rinitup(NO)guts the pic's that you put up with your post say a lot about you you must be on welfare your on here to much to have a job get a life before you lose your anoymouse.the(Q_BACK) sizemores dad didn't he shut uou up:okay:
UKFan8 Wrote:This has become funny to think that you'll actually beat Harlan Co. in football next year.

And, after watching that great display of talent you've bragged about all year, I'm not confident that Whitley Co. will beat Harlan Co. in girls basketball next year either. They lose two seniors, albeit very good seniors, but regardless, next year's team will be very good as well. AND, this is what I've been trying to tell you all year on here, Whitley Co. will have to play them AT HC (ON THE ROAD). That was the difference in the game this year (besides Harlan Co. missing Sarah Evans). Whitley Co. was not great this year. If North Laurel with 8 wins on the season dominates you in the Regional Tournament, it was a little more than a good gameplan.

Finally, about football, the last three meetings, Harlan Co. has defeated Whitley Co. in football 41-27, 57-18, and 51-25. Whatever makes you think next year will be different, I'll never know. It'll be the same as this year where you'll tell us how great the Whitley football team is all year until they play Harlan Co. and then we'll come out and smack them in the mouth and it will be over and yet another 20+ pt. victory.

However, what's REALLY funny to me is when you bring Bell into the equation because to my knowledge, it's been well over 10 years since Whitley Co. beat Bell Co. in football. Since 2006, it's been 24-20, 38-14, 38-8, 34-7, 49-6, and 33-10.

Not saying that Harlan Co. is clearly better than Bell Co. in football, but at least they're in the same conversation with them. Whitley Co. doesn't belong in the same sentence as Harlan Co. and Bell Co. in football and you know it!!!!

Maybe its the same thing that makes you believe you'll actuall beat Bell every year. But for some reason the birds chirp after the game around here lol......Your not gonna stick me with that.
Ive never got on here year after year and said how were going to kill Bell like you HC fans do. Every single year so far ive picked Bell to win the game so you cant get me on that one. Oh, whens the last time you won region?
Hitters_Count Wrote:Not according to the voting by the regional coaches she isnt.

She was. I promise.
Biggame Wrote:OK rinitup(NO)guts the pic's that you put up with your post say a lot about you you must be on welfare your on here to much to have a job get a life before you lose your anoymouse.the(Q_BACK) sizemores dad didn't he shut uou up:okay:

On here to much?
I check in twice a day, one when i get off work and another while im at work.
Get out of Harlan County before you tell me about having a job.

As for Sizemore, he'll rack up 400 yards on you this year.
Williamsburg will smoke Harlans ass in football.

If your gonna try to get me, make sure you atleast use correct grammar.
UKFan8 Wrote:How about asking North Laurel because I'm pretty sure that Ashley Woolum would say she's pretty average.

Also, while you're at it, ask Alisha Mitchell and Madden from Clay Co., Miranda Davenport from HC, and Ashley Mullins from Harlan and I'm pretty sure they'd say she's pretty average as well!!!!!

Its funny that you bring up the only two teams in the 13th that beat us, because thats the only option you have.
Whitley was up by 14 on Clay and Smith outplayed Mitchell all night.
The North game was a fluke
Smith match Mullins in points against Harlan and Harlan gives the ball to Mullins on every play.

Fact is you all cant stand the Whitley beat you after ill told you so and now the only satisfaction you get to have is ragging on me for North (a school you dont even root for) beating Whitley.

How pathetic is it that you must fall to these standards. Oh well, atleast we have that spanking over the great Harlan and Harlan County.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Its funny that you bring up the only two teams in the 13th that beat us, because thats the only option you have.
Whitley was up by 14 on Clay and Smith outplayed Mitchell all night.
The North game was a fluke
Smith match Mullins in points against Harlan and Harlan gives the ball to Mullins on every play.

Fact is you all cant stand the Whitley beat you after ill told you so and now the only satisfaction you get to have is ragging on me for North (a school you dont even root for) beating Whitley.

How pathetic is it that you must fall to these standards. Oh well, atleast we have that spanking over the great Harlan and Harlan County.

Oh yes, AT HOME during the regular season! Maybe if yuo'd try playing some ROAD games during the regular season that you'd still be playing right now instead of being the biggest flop in the region, sitting at home, and as always, dwelling on the past while other teams are still playing.

Woolum was the best player on the floor the other night, everyone knows it. The only difference is everyone knowledgable and sensible can admit that except you!!!!!!!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Maybe its the same thing that makes you believe you'll actuall beat Bell every year. But for some reason the birds chirp after the game around here lol......Your not gonna stick me with that.
Ive never got on here year after year and said how were going to kill Bell like you HC fans do. Every single year so far ive picked Bell to win the game so you cant get me on that one. Oh, whens the last time you won region?

HC was the Class 5A Region 4 Champions in 2010 by rolling through the playoffs over Mercer Co. 50-13, WHITLEY CO. 57-18, and Pulaski Co. in the Regional Finals 35-21 before finally falling to eventual champion Ft. Thomas Highlands 34-6.

Therefore, in four years of the school, we already have one regional championship, ROLLING over Whitley Co. in the process.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:She was. I promise.

Isn't it funny that YOU are the only that believes that she was the best player in the region????

The coaches don't even have her in the Top 5!!!!!!!
Woolum was the best player on the floor the other night, but I've seen Smith play several times and she is very good.
I don't think there is a clear-cut choice as the best player in the region if you look at it objectively.
I do believe Smith and Morris will be No. 1 and No. 2 the next two years. I'm just not sure which order.
I think this year the top five would be Mitchell, Davenport, Smith, Morris and Mullins. You could make a case for any of them as No. 1.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Let me rephrase with one short sentence.

Are you asking a question or is that turned around?
Just my opinion, but Harlan Co would have beaten Whitley, not easily, but they would have won. Either team would not have beaten Clay. Smith is a good player but definitely not on the same level as Mullins (#1 player in region, 20 ppg) Madden (probably tournament MVP this year, 18.5 ppg & 9.7 rebounds) or even Morris (who is a freshman 20ppg & 8 rebounds). Even Davenport is going to KY All Star tryouts (I know it is a senior event). Smith (18.4 ppg) doesnt rebound (2.7/game) has difficulty going left and shoots from below her waist. If she was the best in the region, you would know it because recruiters would be all over her and I am sure you would keep us posted on that. I dont know how you believe she is the BEST. Maybe she will be her senior year but as long as Morris is behing her it is doubtful. Plus NL's eighth grader stuck it to Whitley, so maybe Whitley should have pulled out that 7th grader you were talking about earlier. I will rank them for you very easily: 1-Mullins, 2-Madden, 3-Morris, 4-Woolum 5-Davenport and then 6-Smith
UKFan8 Wrote:Isn't it funny that YOU are the only that believes that she was the best player in the region????

The coaches don't even have her in the Top 5!!!!!!!

She's a sophomore, of course there ot going to pick her.