Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK to use Black Helmets to try and get good recruits
People need to accept that this is kentucky football.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:People need to accept that this is kentucky football.

Why? Why should we accept a shity football team year after year?

For us fans who watch the games and pay for tickets we should be entitled to more.

People like you need to accept the fact that Joker and the rest of this team is plain awful and as a fan shouldnt tolerate this crap.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Why? Why should we accept a shity football team year after year?

For us fans who watch the games and pay for tickets we should be entitled to more.

People like you need to accept the fact that Joker and the rest of this team is plain awful and as a fan shouldnt tolerate this crap.

Why do you think WVU sent Stewart packing and brought in Holgy???

UK's football problem is very clear. It is first and formost a basketball school. IF UK had taken football as serious as they did when they ran Billy Clyde off, Grandpa would have never been allowed to retire and Joker never would have been hired.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Why do you think WVU sent Stewart packing and brought in Holgy???

UK's football problem is very clear. It is first and formost a basketball school. IF UK had taken football as serious as they did when they ran Billy Clyde off, Grandpa would have never been allowed to retire and Joker never would have been hired.

I don't think he was really hired, he just kinda assumed the throne when Brooks retired. Coach in waiting is a shitty idea IMO.
^
Coach in waiting is the worst idea.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Why? Why should we accept a shity football team year after year?

Bill Curry was a pretty good football coach, Same with Rich Brooks. Neither could compete in the SEC at uk. And you have to be a special kind of crazy to not notice the pattern of the University giving exactly half a shit about the football program. I have learned to accept it and hope the stupid decisions UK makes turn out for the best. Hell Rich Brooks made Oregon into what they are today. he turned that program from nothing, to a Rose Bowl winner. The best he could do At Uk was the Music City bowl. Bear Bryant won a championship, and got a friggen Zippo, I dont know what more proof you need that nothing will ever change about this program. Bitching and griping will not change a thing. I mean you claim to have season tickets yet you cannot seem to notice the simple pattern of a basketball school flat out not caring about football. Sure when they are winning the school is happy but when they are losing the university doesnt really care, as long as Basketball is doing good football is irrelevant in their eyes. the sooner you realise this the better your life as a Uk football fan will be.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Bill Curry was a pretty good football coach, Same with Rich Brooks. Neither could compete in the SEC at uk. And you have to be a special kind of crazy to not notice the pattern of the University giving exactly half a shit about the football program. I have learned to accept it and hope the stupid decisions UK makes turn out for the best. Hell Rich Brooks made Oregon into what they are today. he turned that program from nothing, to a Rose Bowl winner. The best he could do At Uk was the Music City bowl. Bear Bryant won a championship, and got a friggen Zippo, I dont know what more proof you need that nothing will ever change about this program. Bitching and griping will not change a thing. I mean you claim to have season tickets yet you cannot seem to notice the simple pattern of a basketball school flat out not caring about football. Sure when they are winning the school is happy but when they are losing the university doesnt really care, as long as Basketball is doing good football is irrelevant in their eyes. the sooner you realise this the better your life as a Uk football fan will be.

Why do you accept it though? You still didnt answer the question. Why do you accept the stupid decisions UK makes and why we keep Joker? Dont say its because your a true fan either.

Rich Brooks was a decent coach. He wasnt a recruiter though.

Im not denying that UK is a basketball school and the football team gets little consideration, but you have to expect more. Why do we keep a coach that cant coach or recruit? Why not go out on a limb and hire a young guy with no ties to the failures we have endured under Brooks and his coach in waiting Jokey?

Yes i was a season ticket holder and when everyone gets as smart as me and boycotts this joke than the administration will change there mind.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Why do you accept it though? You still didnt answer the question. Why do you accept the stupid decisions UK makes and why we keep Joker? Dont say its because your a true fan either.

Rich Brooks was a decent coach. He wasnt a recruiter though.

Im not denying that UK is a basketball school and the football team gets little consideration, but you have to expect more. Why do we keep a coach that cant coach or recruit? Why not go out on a limb and hire a young guy with no ties to the failures we have endured under Brooks and his coach in waiting Jokey?

Yes i was a season ticket holder and when everyone gets as smart as me and boycotts this joke than the administration will change there mind.

No they wont because no one will join your boycott, they are gonna make their money either way off of nike and Espn, and the rest of the SEC. I have stressed over it for years and about 3 years ago I realised that nothing will ever change. But as long as they wear Kentucky across their chests with pride I will support them. Honestly we are slowly getting better recruits and maybe Joker can get it turned around. But he will be the one to do it. If they fire joker all they will do is hire someone worse. A good young coach wont come here. Honestly our biggest recruiting attraction for football is friggen big blue madness our facilities suck compared to who we compete against. football has no chance in lex and you better believe coaches know It. That is why I support Joker because he is the coach of the team I love, and Until that changes Their is no reason to complain, and no reason to turn every thread into a hate thread. We cant have a discussion about anything UK football related without someone hating on Joker. It ruins every thread about football. Its honestly almost as bad as the guys over on gunandgame trying to blame everything on obama, and turning every thread into a hate thread. It gets old after a while.

The best comparison I can give you would be to flip the script and look at it like a fan of a school like alabama would in basketball. No matter what they will always get outrecruited by UK because they cant compete with Rupp, They cant compete with the name, and they will never be on UKs level. They have scattered success but nothing major by our standards. It is really the exact same situation.
Chill out guys. The next Cam Newton will walk through the doors because of those Black helmet idea.
Chill out guys. The next Cam Newton will walk through the doors because of those Black helmets.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:No they wont because no one will join your boycott, they are gonna make their money either way off of nike and Espn, and the rest of the SEC. I have stressed over it for years and about 3 years ago I realised that nothing will ever change. But as long as they wear Kentucky across their chests with pride I will support them. Honestly we are slowly getting better recruits and maybe Joker can get it turned around. But he will be the one to do it. If they fire joker all they will do is hire someone worse. A good young coach wont come here. Honestly our biggest recruiting attraction for football is friggen big blue madness our facilities suck compared to who we compete against. football has no chance in lex and you better believe coaches know It. That is why I support Joker because he is the coach of the team I love, and Until that changes Their is no reason to complain, and no reason to turn every thread into a hate thread. We cant have a discussion about anything UK football related without someone hating on Joker. It ruins every thread about football. Its honestly almost as bad as the guys over on gunandgame trying to blame everything on obama, and turning every thread into a hate thread. It gets old after a while.

The best comparison I can give you would be to flip the script and look at it like a fan of a school like alabama would in basketball. No matter what they will always get outrecruited by UK because they cant compete with Rupp, They cant compete with the name, and they will never be on UKs level. They have scattered success but nothing major by our standards. It is really the exact same situation.

Can we agree that if UK goe 4-8 or worse next year Joker should be gone?
Because it will happen....
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Can we agree that if UK goe 4-8 or worse next year Joker should be gone?
Because it will happen....

You have no ability to know that. Next year could be the best we have had since couch was here. Football at this level works out that way. Until the season starts we will have no idea. But odds are they will be better next year than they were this year. So I highly doubt the 4-8 thing will happen.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:You have no ability to know that. Next year could be the best we have had since couch was here. Football at this level works out that way. Until the season starts we will have no idea. But odds are they will be better next year than they were this year. So I highly doubt the 4-8 thing will happen.

Ive gotta agree, I highly doubt they win 4 games this year.
There is nothing like "I got black helmets" that will get a Blue Chip recruit to come to your school! Stupid!

Nobody is coming to UK because of the color of their helmet!
Basketball doesn't have Black jerseys I wonder how they get huge recruits?
The coaches didnt go with the black helmets for recruiting guys. They went with them because they liked them. Kentucky isnt exactly traditional when it comes to uniforms. Especially in football.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:You have no ability to know that. Next year could be the best we have had since couch was here. Football at this level works out that way. Until the season starts we will have no idea. But odds are they will be better next year than they were this year. So I highly doubt the 4-8 thing will happen.

I will honestly be shocked if we win 4 games.
Whos are starting QB gonna be? Shit Newton again? or a inexperienced Smith?
Whos our best WR? No more Roark to save the day against TN...
Whos our best defensive secondary guy? All we have is a bunch of sophomores....
Now that Trevathan is gone and Wilson is done, whos our LB's?

Sadly, Joker doesnt know the question to none of these answers either...
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Any of the people on here who are downing the program ever stop to think that maybe they just like the friggen black helmets?

It's almost 2 AM and when I read this I absolutely died

ah boys...
geauxtigers75 Wrote:I can imagine a coaches meeting going something like this...

"Gee guys, now that Tee is gone to USC, what can we use as our ace in the hole to get recruits?"

"Well coach Phillips, I sure think those black helmets look sharp."

"PERFECT, that's our new recruiting tool! I'm sure Mitch will love this idea!"

I'm really shaking my head here. What kind of legitimate D1 football program uses freaking helmets as a recruiting tool? Notre Dame, Alabama and Penn State (pre-rape) seemed to do pretty well recruiting and their uniforms haven't changed in freaking centuries.

What is your definition of "legitimate" D1 football program? lol
My prediction is that UK wins 5 games next year and Joker gets 1 more year....with or without black helmets.
Lets face it our football team sucks and until we get a new coach we will continue to suck
zaga_fan Wrote:What is your definition of "legitimate" D1 football program? lol

They haven't kicked us out of the SEC yet.
HawksRule Wrote:Chill out guys. The next Cam Newton will walk through the doors because of those Black helmet idea.

Wasn't that supposed to be Curtis Pulley????? I guess the whole jazzy feet thing didn't work out too well.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Wasn't that supposed to be Curtis Pulley????? I guess the whole jazzy feet thing didn't work out too well.

Pulley was before Newton's time
Pulley would have been the starter over Hartline.