Anthony Petis vs. Joe Lauzon

Prelims
Takanori Gomi vs. Eiji Mitsuoka
Norifumi Yamamoto vs. Vaughn Lee
Riki Fukuda vs. Steve Cantwell
Takeya Mizugaki vs. Chris Cariaso

Facebook
Zhang Tiequan vs. Issei Tamura

Nothing that exciting sticks out to me except maybe the Rampage/Bader fight. I thought "wow Japan is represented a lot here"...but then remembered it was taking place in Japan...haha
There are quiet a few fights I'm super excited to see on this card, and a couple of fights that could have great implications. Hunt-Kongo could end up being a war for about a round and a half, until Hunt gets winded. Excited to see Boetsch-Okami to see how Boetsch continues at 185, he could be a real contender before too long. Edgar-Henderson has the potential to be a fight we could remember for a long time, and any card Pettis fights on has the potential to wow people. If Henderson and Pettis come out winners, I could see a slight possibility of Henderson-Pettis II....who wouldn't want to see that again, for the UFC title.
Main Card
Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson
Rampage Jackson vs. Ryan Bader
Mark Hunt vs. Cheick Kongo
Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Jake Shields
Yushin Okami vs. Tim Boetsch
Hatsu Hioki vs. Bart Palaszewski

Prelims

Facebook
Ive got all the same besides Palaszewski and Boetsch.
I think Edgar beats Henderson. Also, torn on the Rampage/Bader fight. Not sure if Rampage still wants to fight anymore.

The other fight that sticks out to me is the Hunt/Kongo fight. I feel like this could go either way.
I love Rampage, but just reading some of his recent interviews.

I believe his heart just isn't in it anymore.

I hope he does win tho.
J-Rod Wrote:I love Rampage, but just reading some of his recent interviews.

I believe his heart just isn't in it anymore.

I hope he does win tho.

I think he is just fighting for a pay check. However, he is still one of my all time favorite fighters.
I think if Rampage wins here in Japan, he may be finished.
J-Rod Wrote:Main Card

Prelims

Facebook

Looks good to me!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Main Card
judgementday Wrote:I think he is just fighting for a pay check. However, he is still one of my all time favorite fighters.

I can remembe the very first interview that Rampage did over in Pride. If anyone else remembers it, what was the statement he made? That's right, it's all about getting paid. Rampage has always been about the money. He has stated several times that he hates training but he loves the money. I hate to say this but when your heart isn't in it, eventually you will quit.
Main Card
Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson Dec.
Rampage Jackson vs. Ryan Bader TKO
Mark Hunt vs. Cheick Kongo TKO
Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Jake Shields Dec
Yushin Okami vs. Tim Boetsch Sub
Hatsu Hioki vs. Bart Palaszewski KO
Anthony Petis vs. Joe Lauzon Dec
b1gblu3sports Wrote:I can remembe the very first interview that Rampage did over in Pride. If anyone else remembers it, what was the statement he made? That's right, it's all about getting paid. Rampage has always been about the money. He has stated several times that he hates training but he loves the money. I hate to say this but when your heart isn't in it, eventually you will quit.

There is a difference between now and then though...then his heart was in it, because its the only thing he could do to make money. There was no other options for him. Now with the explosion of MMA, and his budding acting career....he knows he has other options. I honestly believe with him coming in at 211 tonight, he didnt drain himself for the cut on purpose. I think he wants to put it all out there for the japanese fans, who he has said many times he loves, one last time and then win or lose retire after the fight.
NothingTrivial Wrote:There is a difference between now and then though...then his heart was in it, because its the only thing he could do to make money. There was no other options for him. Now with the explosion of MMA, and his budding acting career....he knows he has other options. I honestly believe with him coming in at 211 tonight, he didnt drain himself for the cut on purpose. I think he wants to put it all out there for the japanese fans, who he has said many times he loves, one last time and then win or lose retire after the fight.

I still disagree. In that interview he made a statement he liked fighting not training. He said he only fought because of the money. Example: You may have a good paying job but your heart isn't in it. I will look to see if I can find that video. Also about him coming in at 211, I thought he looked very drained. If you remember he was even drinking liquids during the staredown.
Here you go; starts around 10 min. mark. This isn't the exact one I was talking about but he goes into detail of why he still fights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=end..._0vKw&NR=1
I understand the point that he's trying to make, but he's completely bullsh***ing. I also remember a quote before the Hamill fight where he was talking about once movies payed more than fighting he was done. I believe he's been mailing it in since the Evans fight...and now more than ever after the Jones fight, he knows that the game has caught up to him.
here is the interview before the hamill fight.

"As soon as movies start paying me more than I make to fight, I'm gone. It don't hurt to make movies. It don't hurt that bad. Everyday I train. Everyday I'm like, 'Man, I can't wait until I get another big movie.'"

"Hell yeah, you can't fight forever," Jackson said. "I don't have the type of blood Randy Couture has. I give it up to him. I take my hate off to that guy, but I'm not that guy. I don't plan on fighting until I'm 40. And I'm not Chuck Liddell. I'm not coming to work inside the UFC office when I retire. That's not me. I'm an entertainer, I like making people laugh. I like doing movies, action moves and stuff like that. I might even try to be a comedian one day, who knows?

"I wanna keep going after I get done fighting. Some fans are kinda selfish, they don't understand I got four kids that gotta be put through college and everything. MMA don't have an MMA pension. They don't pay you once you retire. I got bills, I gotta keep going."
Benson Henderson made Frankie Edgar look like a little kid in this match!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Loved it!!! What a come back by Tim Boetsch
This card ruled!
Im with you man, this was one of the best cards ive seen in a long time. How about those trips from sexiama.
Akiyama looked great at WW.

I did have Shields winning tho.
NothingTrivial Wrote:Im with you man, this was one of the best cards ive seen in a long time. How about those trips from sexiama.

Yeah, those were insane!! Loved it!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]