Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 82 Allen Central 61
Final
Congrats to the Lady Pirates...Continued good luck girls.
Congrats to the Lady Pirates !!!!!!!!!!!!

Go get them Hornets !!!! :pirateshoot:
Good job Lady Pirates. Come to play Monday, you know they aren't going to lay down for you, but we are behind you all the way. And props to Amanda Moon you had a rough one tonight and couldn't get a call, but great job!!
Way to go Lady Pirates.  You looked very good tonight!

I know that you can win it all.!!!
Allen Central put up a good fight. Congrats Belfry and good luck against Magoffin County.
Good job Belfry.Good luck for the rest of the tourney.Heads up AC. you played a good game. :clap:
Belfry Stats:

Johnson -  3; Chapman - 12; Stanley - 16; Deskins - 28; Moon - 9; Muncy - 10, Robinette - 2; Kline - 2
Shae Deskins was awesome tonight. Belfry didnt play great but I think they was looking ahead somewhat. I was talking to the girls before and they were talking about Magoffin. They will give their best and leave it on hte line Monday and I believe they can get the win. It will be a battle and probably best game of the region both boys and girls. Im saying that game will be the best.
But congrats to Belfry these girls play hard and honestly they are everyone wonderful people and wonderful examples of student atheletes. Our gilrs this year is as classy and nice as any group of teamates I have seen I respect that more than their talent.
[quote author=Belfry Wins link=topic=20586.msg207166#msg207166 date=1141916829]
Shae Deskins was awesome tonight. Belfry didnt play great but I think they was looking ahead somewhat. I was talking to the girls before and they were talking about Magoffin. They will give their best and leave it on hte line Monday and I believe they can get the win. It will be a battle and probably best game of the region both boys and girls. Im saying that game will be the best.
But congrats to Belfry these girls play hard and honestly they are everyone wonderful people and wonderful examples of student atheletes. Our gilrs this year is as classy and nice as any group of teamates I have seen I respect that more than their talent.
[/quote]

I was at the game last night, not rooting for either school.  You call Belfry a class act, what about the couple of kicks that the Belfry team gave Allen Central while laying on the floor.  What about all the calls that Belfry got in the 1 half.  You should listen to the tv or the radio shows, that's all they talked about was the refs.  I have to say that the coach from Allen Central impressed me, she is  going to be one of the best in a couple of years.  I will give the win to Belfry over MC on Monday.  They are a little bit better in the post area.
[quote author=Roy Munson link=topic=20586.msg207198#msg207198 date=1141919945]
[/quote]

I was at the game last night, not rooting for either school. You call Belfry a class act, what about the couple of kicks that the Belfry team gave Allen Central while laying on the floor. What about all the calls that Belfry got in the 1 half. You should listen to the tv or the radio shows, that's all they talked about was the refs. I have to say that the coach from Allen Central impressed me, she is going to be one of the best in a couple of years. I will give the win to Belfry over MC on Monday. They are a little bit better in the post area.
[/quote]

The refs were horrible, especially not knowing how to call a jump ball.  You want to talk about cheap shots...how about this...Allen Central's player wrapping their arms around Amanda Moon and slamming her to the ground during a struggle for a jump ball-that's a cheap shot and one that should have resulted in an intentional foul, it's not wrestling.  And btw, Belfry NEVER kicked anyone while they were laying on the floor.
[quote author=Phoenix link=topic=20586.msg207228#msg207228 date=1141921520]
[/quote]

I was at the game last night, not rooting for either school. You call Belfry a class act, what about the couple of kicks that the Belfry team gave Allen Central while laying on the floor. What about all the calls that Belfry got in the 1 half. You should listen to the tv or the radio shows, that's all they talked about was the refs. I have to say that the coach from Allen Central impressed me, she is going to be one of the best in a couple of years. I will give the win to Belfry over MC on Monday. They are a little bit better in the post area.
[/quote]

The refs were horrible, especially not knowing how to call a jump ball. You want to talk about cheap shots...how about this...Allen Central's player wrapping their arms around Amanda Moon and slamming her to the ground during a struggle for a jump ball-that's a cheap shot and one that should have resulted in an intentional foul, it's not wrestling. And btw, Belfry NEVER kicked anyone while they were laying on the floor.
[/quote]

I was sitting in the end zone towards the road side and I saw the whole thing.  It happen on two different times.  I'm not taking sides, but this did happen.  I thought the young ref was just plain bad.  I hope that they don't call the semi's like this.
I would like to know who/jersey # of the girls that kicked AC's players.
[size=11pt]If there wasn't a call made after the AC girl physically slammed Amanda to the floor while the ref was standing over top of them, then no fouls should have been called on anyone.  That was the  most flagrant foul I have seen this year! [/size] 
i didnt think dat belfry played a good game altho Shae Deskins wuz AWESOME!!!!  AC rlly dominated belfry tho...i wuz rlly glad 2 c belfry come out wit da win tho...GO STOMP THOSE HORNETS!!!  :party:
Congrats Belfry
[quote author=Roy Munson link=topic=20586.msg207264#msg207264 date=1141923974]
[/quote]

[/quote]

The refs were horrible, especially not knowing how to call a jump ball. You want to talk about cheap shots...how about this...Allen Central's player wrapping their arms around Amanda Moon and slamming her to the ground during a struggle for a jump ball-that's a cheap shot and one that should have resulted in an intentional foul, it's not wrestling. And btw, Belfry NEVER kicked anyone while they were laying on the floor.
[/quote]

I was sitting in the end zone towards the road side and I saw the whole thing.  It happen on two different times.  I'm not taking sides, but this did happen.  I thought the young ref was just plain bad.  I hope that they don't call the semi's like this.
[/quote]

well the girl from belrfy got threw on the floor becuse she was fouling and "kicking" and hitting the AC girls all night. They both played hard and you can't expect one team  to play rough and the other team just take it...It goes both ways.
Sounds to me like the game was physical FROM BOTH TEAMS....I say if you get slammed to the floor, then they deserve a good kick back...

If you can't take it....don't dish it out

Now stay on topic or this thread will be closed. We will not tolerate anymore troublemakers...those days are over.
[quote author=BelfryPride link=topic=20586.msg207565#msg207565 date=1141950028]
Sounds to me like the game was physical FROM BOTH TEAMS....I say if you get slammed to the floor, then they deserve a good kick back...

If you can't take it....don't dish it out

Now stay on topic or this thread will be closed. We will not tolerate anymore troublemakers...those days are over.
[/quote]

Just to make things clear the kicking happened first :no:
Well I don't think any player from Belfry literally "kicked" someone. Maybe when you saw this so called "kicking" the Belfry player was trying to get the player from AC off of them.
-I actually saw some of the Belfry players helping the girls from AC up. I don't think they would literally kick someone on purpose.
I don't know about the kickin' but the slam to the floor by the AC player resulted in a foul on AC.  I could give the # but won't.  The game was rough.  It was called the same both ways and the refs didn't have anything to do with the outcome of this game.  It was a pleasure to watch both teams play as hard as they did and I think both teams left it all on the court.  Congrats to Belfry with a fine win and good luck in the semi s.
[quote author=eddballer link=topic=20586.msg207551#msg207551 date=1141948996]
[quote author=Roy Munson link=topic=20586.msg207264#msg207264 date=1141923974]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

well the girl from belrfy got threw on the floor becuse she was fouling and "kicking" and hitting the AC girls all night. They both played hard and you can't expect one team to play rough and the other team just take it...It goes both ways.
[/quote]

For you information, the girl that got thrown to the floor only had two or three fouls during the entire game and those were fouls under the basket so get your story straight before you get on here bad mouthing people.
The refs that called this game were outrages!I think they got their kicks watching these girls slam each other! Rolleyes
[quote author=bball_blondie167 link=topic=20586.msg207445#msg207445 date=1141937840]
i didnt think dat belfry played a good game altho Shae Deskins wuz AWESOME!!!! AC rlly dominated belfry tho...i wuz rlly glad 2 c belfry come out wit da win tho...GO STOMP THOSE HORNETS!!! :party:
[/quote]

I appreciate the well wishes...but how do you say that AC dominated Belfry when Belfry was in the lead the entire game?
[quote author=Pirate Pal link=topic=20586.msg208054#msg208054 date=1142018531]
[quote author=bball_blondie167 link=topic=20586.msg207445#msg207445 date=1141937840]
i didnt think dat belfry played a good game altho Shae Deskins wuz AWESOME!!!! AC rlly dominated belfry tho...i wuz rlly glad 2 c belfry come out wit da win tho...GO STOMP THOSE HORNETS!!! :party:
[/quote]

that is about the funniest thing I have ever heard. AC DOMINATED BELFRY? I believe everyone in the whole arena was bored when it first started it was a blow out. I think the girls got bored theirselves and just gave up and thats when AC started scoring but belfry girls was not letting them beat them by any chance. #11 on Belfry would not intentionnaly kick anyone on purpose she is oen of the most outgoing and nicest girls you'll ever meet. Now as for her getting frustarted getting threw on the court. Who wouldn't? I would've been looking for some kind of revenge too. But Belfry girls is a class act no matter what anyone says. They leave it all on the court and they play with great sportsmanship and that is due to discipline by their Coach Mark Gannon. Goodluck Monday girls and keep up the good work![/quote]