Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 2005
How good of a team do you think the Tigers will have this up coming season ? They return all starters all both sides of the football except one, so I think they'll have a pretty good team, even though I dont like their offensive scheme under Chuke Williams. :x
Superman Wrote:How good of a team do you think the Tigers will have this up coming season ? They return all starters all both sides of the football except one, so I think they'll have a pretty good team, even though I dont like their offensive scheme under Chuke Williams. :x

I think the Tigers will have a very good team in 2005. They return pretty much their entire team and from what I have heard they are having a very good offseason in the weightroom. I don't think they will beat Pikeville at Pikeville however, but they should be able to compete with the Panthers in 2005. I say that they are district and region runner-up in 2005.
Not so good, Al.
I agree that Pikeville will be the district favorite and the chances of them winning in Pikeville are very slim, considering that they run an offense that doesnt suit the program. Paintsville over the past few years (before Chuke) they were more of a passing team and run a more open offense. Now, they rarely throw the ball, stay in the same set, and run the ball to the right 95% of the time that they have possession of the football. Now that is definitely an offense that isnt to hard to shut down.
paintsville should be pretty good in 2005 they are working real hard in the weightroom and getting stronger.
tiger_fan Wrote:paintsville should be pretty good in 2005 they are working real hard in the weightroom and getting stronger.

The weightroom is where tradition started. They sound like they have a bunch of players commited to the team this year, do I think they will do better than teams of yester-year, no, but they should do better than 6-5. I'm going with 9-4. If the Pugh boy can throw a pass this season instead of running the ball a lot, open that offensive playbook they should do even better. Just depends on who does the play calling.
pugh is getting bigger and stronger hes working hard copley has them on a strenth program everybody has increased there bench atleast 20 to 30lbs since last season. well i dont know about everybody but i know cantrell ward and pugh has.
Superman Wrote:I agree that Pikeville will be the district favorite and the chances of them winning in Pikeville are very slim, considering that they run an offense that doesnt suit the program. Paintsville over the past few years (before Chuke) they were more of a passing team and run a more open offense. Now, they rarely throw the ball, stay in the same set, and run the ball to the right 95% of the time that they have possession of the football. Now that is definitely an offense that isnt to hard to shut down.

WHAT????? Yes Pikeville will be the favorite, but Paintsville COULD beat them at Pikeville. The last few years Paintsville has thrown the ball alot, but I guess it helps when you got a QB who CAN throw the ball, Pugh isn't a very good passer at all. What are you talking about, "Offinse that isn't to hard to shut down? I didn't see ANYONE or ANY TEAM keep Paintsville's RB's under 100 yards in ANY GAME, not even Pikeville, Grundy VA, JC, OR HARLAN (and they were one of top rushing D's in Class A and the state.) The Tigers finished the season with almost 3,000 yards rushing, sounds to me like that offense was pretty tough to stop. Chuke has made a living running this offense, he hasn't led the state (always in top 5) in rushing for the last 10-12 years running anything different. This offense is PERFECT for this team, the linemen at Pville are 10 TIMES better run blocking then they are pass blocking. If everyone stays healthy, Hans Doderer could break the 2,000 yard mark this season (had 1,200 this past season and he missed 5-6 games), and Pugh will get his 1,000 yards this year (just shy this past season, finished with like 975 yards), and Wes Ward could possibly reach the 1,000 yard mark too (had over 500 this past year.) Sounds to me like you need to rethink your thoughts about this Tiger team, especially considering they only lost 1 player, and he was a defensive lineman.

Region 4 top 5:

1. Pikeville
2. Paintsville
3. Lynn Camp
4. Somerset
5. Harlan
Redneck Wrote:
Superman Wrote:I agree that Pikeville will be the district favorite and the chances of them winning in Pikeville are very slim, considering that they run an offense that doesnt suit the program. Paintsville over the past few years (before Chuke) they were more of a passing team and run a more open offense. Now, they rarely throw the ball, stay in the same set, and run the ball to the right 95% of the time that they have possession of the football. Now that is definitely an offense that isnt to hard to shut down.

WHAT????? Yes Pikeville will be the favorite, but Paintsville COULD beat them at Pikeville. The last few years Paintsville has thrown the ball alot, but I guess it helps when you got a QB who CAN throw the ball, Pugh isn't a very good passer at all. What are you talking about, "Offinse that isn't to hard to shut down? I didn't see ANYONE or ANY TEAM keep Paintsville's RB's under 100 yards in ANY GAME, not even Pikeville, Grundy VA, JC, OR HARLAN (and they were one of top rushing D's in Class A and the state.) The Tigers finished the season with almost 3,000 yards rushing, sounds to me like that offense was pretty tough to stop. Chuke has made a living running this offense, he hasn't led the state (always in top 5) in rushing for the last 10-12 years running anything different. This offense is PERFECT for this team, the linemen at Pville are 10 TIMES better run blocking then they are pass blocking. If everyone stays healthy, Hans Doderer could break the 2,000 yard mark this season (had 1,200 this past season and he missed 5-6 games), and Pugh will get his 1,000 yards this year (just shy this past season, finished with like 975 yards), and Wes Ward could possibly reach the 1,000 yard mark too (had over 500 this past year.) Sounds to me like you need to rethink your thoughts about this Tiger team, especially considering they only lost 1 player, and he was a defensive lineman.

Region 4 top 5:

1. Pikeville
2. Paintsville
3. Lynn Camp
4. Somerset
5. Harlan

I dont have to rethink anything, i stand firm on what I said. After speaking to a defensive coach that has helped shut down Chukes offense on more then one occassion, the stats doesnt persuade me to change my opinion. Stats are not the important issue in a season, its the WINS and LOSSES that a team has. Lets just face the facts, those big stats came against some VERY weak teams. Maybe you should reconsider your post :wink: If their offense was as high powered as your saying, then why did they only score 6 points against Grundy, 6 against Johnson Central, and 15 against Pikeville? You said those teams didnt shut down the tigers, then why didnt they put up that many points?
Superman Wrote:I dont have to rethink anything, i stand firm on what I said. After speaking to a defensive coach that has helped shut down Chukes offense on more then one occassion, the stats doesnt persuade me to change my opinion. Stats are not the important issue in a season, its the WINS and LOSSES that a team has. Lets just face the facts, those big stats came against some VERY weak teams. Maybe you should reconsider your post :wink: If their offense was as high powered as your saying, then why did they only score 6 points against Grundy, 6 against Johnson Central, and 15 against Pikeville? You said those teams didnt shut down the tigers, then why didnt they put up that many points?

Those teams might have kept them from scoring alot of points, but you gotta look at the fact that those boys have NEVER ran an offense like that. They would have score more points against Grundy and JC had Doderer have not went down with a broken collar bone, Doderer had over 100 yards in the FIRST QUARTER against Grundy before goin down. He didn't even get to play against JC, not saying Paintsville would have beat JC had he been playing because they wouldn't have, but they woulda sure scored more points. Pikeville was just too much to handle for the boys that night, Paintsville's DEFENSE is what killed them in all their games, their defense was horrible. If they knew how to tackle someone they would have beat Pikeville and made the Apple Bowl a MUCH more exciting game. This year will be a whole nother story, last year the Tigers were WEAK, very weak. Not only were they weak, they were also very young, they only had ONE SENIOR on the team last year. They are gonna be a force to be reckoned with this year, with a year under Chuke and his offense, Copley's strength and conditioning, these boys are gonna HARD TO STOP.
They may be good this year, but they wont be Pikeville good :twisted:
PantherBlitz42 Wrote:They may be good this year, but they wont be Pikeville good :twisted:

Of coure not, that would be unheard of... :roll:
lol
i always heard that Blake Bundy and JD Vanhoose were good football players also
How come they dont play for the Tigers?
Redneck Wrote:Those teams might have kept them from scoring alot of points, but you gotta look at the fact that those boys have NEVER ran an offense like that. They would have score more points against Grundy and JC had Doderer have not went down with a broken collar bone, Doderer had over 100 yards in the FIRST QUARTER against Grundy before goin down. He didn't even get to play against JC, not saying Paintsville would have beat JC had he been playing because they wouldn't have, but they woulda sure scored more points. Pikeville was just too much to handle for the boys that night, Paintsville's DEFENSE is what killed them in all their games, their defense was horrible. If they knew how to tackle someone they would have beat Pikeville and made the Apple Bowl a MUCH more exciting game. This year will be a whole nother story, last year the Tigers were WEAK, very weak. Not only were they weak, they were also very young, they only had ONE SENIOR on the team last year. They are gonna be a force to be reckoned with this year, with a year under Chuke and his offense, Copley's strength and conditioning, these boys are gonna HARD TO STOP.

I hope your right, but the Tigers have lost more then one player from last years team and could possibly lose a few more (from what ive been told). I would love to see the tigers be a "force" like you were saying they will be, but realistically i just dont see it happening as of right now. The only way i'd predict that is when the season rolls around and the tigers defeat a good solid football team. If they blow out a team like Allen Central again, Im definitely not going to say their a powerhouse. Smile I wish those boys the best of luck, i hope they have a good season, but im just trying to make the point that if they had a more open playbook they would definitely be more successful.
"Superman" Wrote:I hope your right, but the Tigers have lost more then one player from last years team and could possibly lose a few more (from what ive been told). I would love to see the tigers be a "force" like you were saying they will be, but realistically i just dont see it happening as of right now. The only way i'd predict that is when the season rolls around and the tigers defeat a good solid football team. If they blow out a team like Allen Central again, Im definitely not going to say their a powerhouse. Smile I wish those boys the best of luck, i hope they have a good season, but im just trying to make the point that if they had a more open playbook they would definitely be more successful.

I don't think you will see much difference in the playbook, you MIGHT see Paintsville throw a little bit more, maybe 5 times a game, but I doubt it will be from the spread offense. You might see Paintsville mix it up alot more when it comes to what side they are running the ball, I don't think we will see them running to the right 95% of the time. Chuke don't have any Jason Micheal's or allen Short's to throw the ball, let's face it, Pugh is not a very good passer. You are right Superman, Paintsville has lost more than one player (for reasons we can't talk about), but to be honest they won't be missed. You are also right about them being dominant, they will have to beat a quality opponent before anyone is gonna believe, but I think they will beat Prestonsburg, IDK about the Apple Bowl with JC yet, never know about that game, they will beat Hazard, and don't know about the Pikeville game either, I know it will be much closer than last year.