Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is Johns Creek 2nd and 1st grade coach?
Does anyone have any idea who this is?
I don't know, but would like to find out. I hear they have a really good 1st grade team or it is 2nd grade team?
I heard Mike Hall was the coach
It's not Mike Hall that I know of.
hootie Wrote:Does anyone have any idea who this is?
i think his name is CHRIS SMITH why
Since I've been on the topic of ethics in sports in another thread, heard about this bunch taking a bunch of second graders and winning a tournament in which it was supposed to be first graders only....No exceptions......Also heard he had verification from school administration they were first graders when in fact 6 out of 10 on the roster were second graders. Cheating happens in all levels at lots of places.....Just can't believe winning is so important.
Johns Creek has several teams... not sure which one you speak of... But Hootie you can contact Reed Adkins he is the principal and he can give you all the information you need...
I heard the same thing. Why would u want to cheat a bunch of first graders. I am more disappointed in the parents than the coach that allowed this to take place.
So Hootie you start a conversation asking about a coach just to bash him? Classy move...
The John Creek kids did look awfully big to be 1st graders but the team that raised hell was playing 2nd graders to. They were called the Heat. Both of them should of been in the 2nd grade division. Clevenger probably knew they were in the 2nd grade in the first place. Some coaches play down because their teams arent ready to play in the 2nd grade division. Kids dont have a lot of experience yet. But they are only 7 to 8 years old and some are just starting to play. Winning is good but it shouldnt be a top priority at this age.
ifyasmell Wrote:So Hootie you start a conversation asking about a coach just to bash him? Classy move...

I can see it now Hootie vs ifyasmell Royal Rumble steel cage match.
I posted this to find out who this was. If you notice I never said anything negative about the guy there S.W.
I know you didn't J.A... I just think there was a better way to go about this...
foriegn flatlander Wrote:I can see it now Hootie vs ifyasmell Royal Rumble steel cage match.

Both smothered in baby oil and a cheap pair of Magic Mart thongs!:Cheerlead
Better way to ask who the coach was? Please share.
Tough to call out Hootie when 50% of BGR is nothing but bashing anyway. This didn't happen in Knott Co. It was another tourney. Also verification was required from each school about grades of students, so Johns Creek brought verification from the school that these kids were all in 1st grade, when they were not. The bothersome part is obviously kids and parents were made aware of the fact this was a 1st grade only tournament and they were told if asked......lie. I probably would have never even brought this up but I get fed up watching other schools get bashed, when in fact most schools have some dirty laundry also. Its over. I don't have anything else to say on the matter. I was just disappointed by the situation, as I have been with other schools decisions about winning vs life lessons.
This is one of the coachs for Johns Creek, we did not have any verfication we was told that it was a 7 and under tournament and our boys was seven and under and if you read AAU rules, you would know that you are allowed to play two kids down a grade. We were NEVER asked for any verfication & our boys were NOT the biggest boys in the tournament. We are very PROUD of our boys!!!
kywildcatfan265 Wrote:This is one of the coachs for Johns Creek, we did not have any verfication we was told that it was a 7 and under tournament and our boys was seven and under and if you read AAU rules, you would know that you are allowed to play two kids down a grade. We were NEVER asked for any verfication & our boys were NOT the biggest boys in the tournament. We are very PROUD of our boys!!!

You can only play 2 players down if you still meet age requirements according to AAU rules
90% of the tournaments in our area are not AAU tournaments. The event would have to be AAU sanctioned.
Somebody help the blowfish out please! Sorry JA! I love ya man! Good luck in Softball!
Johns Creek took second graders and won a first grade tournament. :Clap:
Happens in all the BCI tournaments at the Sportsplex. You go in playing 3rd grade division, you end up playing 5th grade teams.
We signed up for a 6th grade BCI tourney(Sportsplex) and ended up playing 8th graders.

There is a big difference in a 11yo and a 14 yo.
I was told by the host coach of the tournament, "if you are going to bring 2nd graders, don't bother coming". That sounds to me like it was a first grade tournament.