Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dukie V and idiot/sun rises in east
If you missed it last night. as UNC was spitting the bit on a double digit lead with less than 2 to go last night, ACC Sycophant in Chief Vitale unloaded
this gem. It's not verbatime, but I'll make it as close as i can:

" I really believe that four teams have seperated themselves from
the rest, Ohio State, Syracuse, Kentucky and Carolina. And right
now you have to give the nod to Carolina over kentucky because
of their great size, and teh inconsistency of Terence Jones"

Now let's see DICK, would that be the same Carolina who's great
size couldn't beat UK in December when they were playing, BY FAR,
their best ball of the season, and when UK was just beginning to
to come together?

Would that be the same Carolina that took a 33 point fanny waxing at the hands of Florida State?

Would that be the same Carolina that is led by your pre-season
pick for player of the year LAST YEAR Harrison Barnes? The same
Barnes who spent most of last year MIA, only to emerge in the
NCAA to shoot away any chance Carolina had against undermanned
UK. The same Barnes who didn't make a shot last night until early
in the first half, and then despite scoring 19, made a STUPID charge
5 seconds in to the shot clock with a 4 point lead with 20 seconds to
go?

Yes DICK, I believe it would be.

UK fans, in their hatred of Duke, tend to forget what a UNC
azzkisser Vitale is. His kneedropping worship of UNC is second
only to Duke, and is really more of a 1/1A situation. But I'm
sure NO ONE forgets that he's a flavor of the moment front-runner.
Wonder if Bilas and Schuler are being treated for whiplash this morning
after being seated next to DICK's light speed reversal in declaring
Duke the reates team in the land at the end of last night's game?
I still like Dickie V, I hate Bob Knight, but it's time for both of them to hang it up IMO. The game has passed them by.
RoShamBo Wrote:I still like Dickie V, I hate Bob Knight, but it's time for both of them to hang it up IMO. The game has passed them by.
You cannot honestly think that. Be unbiased and listen to a game Bob Knight calls, and just listen to the insight he provides when it comes to X's and O's. It is incredible the understanding for the game he has. What may have passed him by was having to kiss the ass of every recruit out there, no that I will agree with. But "The Game" has not, and will not pass The General by. If you do not like him, that is up to you. But he has one of the best basketball minds to ever live.
Calling players idiots on the court over national television is not what I would call providing insight on the X's and O's, but I am biased so what would I know. He does know a thing or two about the chicken-sh*t defense I guess.
Panther Thunder Wrote:You cannot honestly think that. Be unbiased and listen to a game Bob Knight calls, and just listen to the insight he provides when it comes to X's and O's. It is incredible the understanding for the game he has. What may have passed him by was having to kiss the ass of every recruit out there, no that I will agree with. But "The Game" has not, and will not pass The General by. If you do not like him, that is up to you. But he has one of the best basketball minds to ever live.

He's a great coach, one of the best all time for sure. But he's still an asshole IMO.
RoShamBo Wrote:Calling players idiots on the court over national television is not what I would call providing insight on the X's and O's, but I am biased so what would I know. He does know a thing or two about the chicken-sh*t defense I guess.

Not liking Knight is one thing, not realizing he had his teams play
hardnosed man to man defense is another. He has a vendetta against
UK, he does make assinine comments many times. but he does
know and explain the game.
Bob Knight shouldnt even be allowed to live in this country.
DSRfan Wrote:Not liking Knight is one thing, not realizing he had his teams play
hardnosed man to man defense is another. He has a vendetta against
UK, he does make assinine comments many times. but he does
know and explain the game.

I didn't say that he didn't have hard nosed defense. I was referring to a comment he made on gameday a couple years back saying I think it was Baylor had a chicken-sh*t defense. How many times is ESPN going to apologize for this clown before it's enough?
RoShamBo Wrote:I didn't say that he didn't have hard nosed defense. I was referring to a comment he made on gameday a couple years back saying I think it was Baylor had a chicken-sh*t defense. How many times is ESPN going to apologize for this clown before it's enough?

Missed that one. And yes he shouldn't get a pass on that.
I have a hard time even watching a game that D.V. is calling.
I usually turn the game after a few min.
DSRfan Wrote:If you missed it last night. as UNC was spitting the bit on a double digit lead with less than 2 to go last night, ACC Sycophant in Chief Vitale unloaded
this gem. It's not verbatime, but I'll make it as close as i can:

" I really believe that four teams have seperated themselves from
the rest, Ohio State, Syracuse, Kentucky and Carolina. And right
now you have to give the nod to Carolina over kentucky because
of their great size, and teh inconsistency of Terence Jones"

Now let's see DICK, would that be the same Carolina who's great
size couldn't beat UK in December when they were playing, BY FAR,
their best ball of the season, and when UK was just beginning to
to come together?

Would that be the same Carolina that took a 33 point fanny waxing at the hands of Florida State?

Would that be the same Carolina that is led by your pre-season
pick for player of the year LAST YEAR Harrison Barnes? The same
Barnes who spent most of last year MIA, only to emerge in the
NCAA to shoot away any chance Carolina had against undermanned
UK. The same Barnes who didn't make a shot last night until early
in the first half, and then despite scoring 19, made a STUPID charge
5 seconds in to the shot clock with a 4 point lead with 20 seconds to
go?

Yes DICK, I believe it would be.

UK fans, in their hatred of Duke, tend to forget what a UNC
azzkisser Vitale is. His kneedropping worship of UNC is second
only to Duke, and is really more of a 1/1A situation. But I'm
sure NO ONE forgets that he's a flavor of the moment front-runner.
Wonder if Bilas and Schuler are being treated for whiplash this morning
after being seated next to DICK's light speed reversal in declaring
Duke the reates team in the land at the end of last night's game?
Sorry Vitale hurt your feelings. It is just an OPINION!!!! He is right about Terrence Jones, he is extremely inconsistent.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I am not a Dickie V fan but he beats the hell out of Billy"Fudge"Packer. We need to bring Al Maguire back from the grave. He was fun to watch.
I don't wish sickness on anybody, but you could tell Dick Vitale had a throat problem when UK played Florida and I was glad just because he goes on and on and on about the same stuff...he's a terrible announcer IMO. Probably a good guy, but not a good announcer. He got so annoying the IU game when he kept going "get the ball to zeller!" every posssession...when it was the three's IU kept hitting that beat us, and Zeller wasn't able to get a lot of production down low. That was the first time I've ever muted a basketball game because of an announcer. I don't hate Vitale. He does like UK, but his bias for duke is undeniable.

As for Bob Knight, it was when Baylor played he made the chicken shit comment. Youtube it, it's actually pretty funny..."Defense wins! Chicken shit defense wins!" Funny stuff...actually if you search up Knight on youtube you'll come up with a lot of funny videos.
^
Couldnt agree more about Vitale.
He's big on personality and short on announcing.