Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy Donovan thinks Cats can win it all
Can the Wildcats do it? Does UK have what it takes to win a national championship?

Last night in Rupp Arena, John Calipari's team made a statement in beating Florida by 20.

Gators coach Billy Donovan has two titles under his belt, winning back-to-back NCAA Championships in 2006 and 2007, and thinks the Cats are contenders.

He likes UK's disposition.

"You know, and I'm not talking about an arrogance or a cockiness, but there is a focus level in terms of what really goes into winning at that level. Like there's a mentality there that's just different, I don't really know how to describe it," Donovan said after the game.

He says it's a hard thing to put his finger on, but Donovan says Kentucky's demeanor is that of a champion.

"I think Davis and Gilchrist, and I've always been a Miller fan, you know, just the way those guys carry themselves, I'm impressed with that."

Donovan watched his team's seven game winning-streak come to an end at the hands of Kentucky, 78-58.

"In terms of star power, in terms of talent, one through six or seven, I think Kentucky has the most of anybody."

Donovan whould know. His teams have played both Ohio State and Syracuse on the road,losing by a combined eleven points.

"Ohio State's different. They don't have necessarily the length. Syracuse is a really interesting team because they have every bit as much length as Kentucky and they have more depth," he said. "So they're an interesting team and obviously they play zone. And I think when you get into the tournament it's a one shot deal and anything can happen on one game."

http://www.wkyt.com/sports/headlines/Flo...69244.html
Strikeout King Wrote:Can the Wildcats do it? Does UK have what it takes to win a national championship?

Last night in Rupp Arena, John Calipari's team made a statement in beating Florida by 20.

Gators coach Billy Donovan has two titles under his belt, winning back-to-back NCAA Championships in 2006 and 2007, and thinks the Cats are contenders.

He likes UK's disposition.

"You know, and I'm not talking about an arrogance or a cockiness, but there is a focus level in terms of what really goes into winning at that level. Like there's a mentality there that's just different, I don't really know how to describe it," Donovan said after the game.

He says it's a hard thing to put his finger on, but Donovan says Kentucky's demeanor is that of a champion.

"I think Davis and Gilchrist, and I've always been a Miller fan, you know, just the way those guys carry themselves, I'm impressed with that."

Donovan watched his team's seven game winning-streak come to an end at the hands of Kentucky, 78-58.

"In terms of star power, in terms of talent, one through six or seven, I think Kentucky has the most of anybody."

Donovan whould know. His teams have played both Ohio State and Syracuse on the road,losing by a combined eleven points.

"Ohio State's different. They don't have necessarily the length. Syracuse is a really interesting team because they have every bit as much length as Kentucky and they have more depth," he said. "So they're an interesting team and obviously they play zone. And I think when you get into the tournament it's a one shot deal and anything can happen on one game."

http://www.wkyt.com/sports/headlines/Flo...69244.html

:Billy Donovan:

Ahh we suck - we are garbage.
I knew we was beat. Just glad we didn't get beat by 40.
Billy Donovan = Wise Man.
nicely said by Mr. Donovan
Wow, that limb Donovan went out on to make the prediction is about as
flimsy as a steel cabled suspension bridge. Next thing you know he'll
predict the sun could rise in the east tomorrow.
YOu think him having a top 10 team he would maybe talk about his team improving and gonna make a run.
Billy Donovan on the passing glimpse of Camalot:
"I am fine with my two years defining my legacy. I get really anxious with large crowds anyways! Thats why the O'Dome is forever my home"
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If UK keeps playing the way they are, and hone just a little more, I think they can go all the way. The last couple of games have finally won me over to that thinking. I haven't thought this until the last 2-3 games. They are finally playing like a good machine.