Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pep Sections The good and the bad.
The Pep Sections is a big part of tourney time for all schools.  I think it is great to watch the teams feed off of the energy from the pep sections at certain times of the game.  I think it helps all students to feel apart of that athletic team.  In that sense I think they are great.

The bad.........When schools pep sections go personal on the other teams kids, I think that is very bad.  I think it shows a lack of class for the students and the school in involved.  I witnessed a game during the past week in which one schools pep section attacked verbally an imposing player for working.  Actually making fun of the kid because he has a job.  Basically giving the appearance that the students from school A thought they were better than this kid because he was working.  That was about as classless as anything that I have seen and to make it worse, there were some parents from the school that were involved in the taunt.    Now, I respect a young man that can work and juggle athletics at the same time.  I think this shows the young man is responsible and doesn't have to live off Mommy and Daddy's money.  When the high school and college days are over and it is time for the young man to go out into the real world, whose resume is going to look more responsible, the young man's that worked and played sports or the one that lives off of mommy and daddy. 

To the pep section that did this, I say "Get some class"  Oh yeah by the way, he will still be playing on Friday night.  ............ :thumpsup:
[quote author=Eagle89 link=topic=20613.msg207113#msg207113 date=1141910277]
The Pep Sections is a big part of tourney time for all schools.  I think it is great to watch the teams feed off of the energy from the pep sections at certain times of the game.  I think it helps all students to feel apart of that athletic team.   In that sense I think they are great.

The bad.........When schools pep sections go personal on the other teams kids, I think that is very bad.  I think it shows a lack of class for the students and the school in involved.   I witnessed a game during the past week in which one schools pep section attacked verbally an imposing player for working.   Actually making fun of the kid because he has a job.   Basically giving the appearance that the students from school A thought they were better than this kid because he was working.   That was about as classless as anything that I have seen and to make it worse, there were some parents from the school that were involved in the taunt.    Now, I respect a young man that can work and juggle athletics at the same time.  I think this shows the young man is responsible and doesn't have to live off Mommy and Daddy's money.   When the high school and college days are over and it is time for the young man to go out into the real world, whose resume is going to look more responsible, the young man's that worked and played sports or the one that lives off of mommy and daddy.   

To the pep section that did this, I say "Get some class"  Oh yeah by the way, he will still be playing on Friday night.  ............ :thumpsup:
[/quote]

Which Pep Section did this...That is just awful

Quote:

Which Pep Section did this...That is just awful
Quote:

I don't think we need the name of the school.  That would only take this thread way off topic in the future. 
Well, at one certain game with the team in question, the school still playing chanted "where's your daddy" to a player while he was on the line.  EVERYONE knows his dad died in a car accident 2 years ago while coming home from dropping him off.  It cuts both ways.  Neither cheers are classy or tasteful, but sometimes that's the way it goes.

To address your point, I SALUTE this young man for working.  However, they idea is to mess with heads.  Apparently it works sometimes.
[quote author=Eagle89 link=topic=20613.msg207113#msg207113 date=1141910277]
The Pep Sections is a big part of tourney time for all schools.  I think it is great to watch the teams feed off of the energy from the pep sections at certain times of the game.  I think it helps all students to feel apart of that athletic team.   In that sense I think they are great.

The bad.........When schools pep sections go personal on the other teams kids, I think that is very bad.  I think it shows a lack of class for the students and the school in involved.   I witnessed a game during the past week in which one schools pep section attacked verbally an imposing player for working.   Actually making fun of the kid because he has a job.   Basically giving the appearance that the students from school A thought they were better than this kid because he was working.   That was about as classless as anything that I have seen and to make it worse, there were some parents from the school that were involved in the taunt.    Now, I respect a young man that can work and juggle athletics at the same time.  I think this shows the young man is responsible and doesn't have to live off Mommy and Daddy's money.   When the high school and college days are over and it is time for the young man to go out into the real world, whose resume is going to look more responsible, the young man's that worked and played sports or the one that lives off of mommy and daddy.   

[/quote]

WHY????  Why even post this?  Everyone knows who you are referring to.  Just another way to start a debate.  Why can't we all just remember that we are talking about kids?  If your user name is referring to when you were there,  you were there about the same time as I.  And if you can recall we had some pretty straight forward cheers also!  We were kids and we do and say things that we look back on and wonder why.  As for the kid working.  If that is his choice, then more power to him.  That is great.  As for living off MOMMY and DADDY!  Well I worked in high school and let me tell you.  If I can make it without my kids working.  THEY WON'T WORK!  Why put kids down, if they are in high school and not working?  That is just SILLY!  What the problem is, you have a bunch of adults, who have nothing better to do than sit there and find some reason to nit pick the other school.  As far as Pep Sections go.  I have yet to see anything so outrageuos to warrant it as BAD or out of hand, not saying it hasn't happened.  And I have seen well over 100 basketball games this season.  Every school always does something that hits close to home to the other school.  That is what they are supposed to do to try and get them rattled.
So unless they are fighting, throwing things on the floor or just being down right vulgar, let them have fun and be kids.  Cause that is what they are, KIDS!  :party:
[quote author=#1TigerFan link=topic=20613.msg207656#msg207656 date=1141956932]
Well, at one certain game with the team in question, the school still playing chanted "where's your daddy" to a player while he was on the line.  EVERYONE knows his dad died in a car accident 2 years ago while coming home from dropping him off.  It cuts both ways.  Neither cheers are classy or tasteful, but sometimes that's the way it goes.

To address your point, I SALUTE this young man for working.  However, they idea is to mess with heads.  Apparently it works sometimes.
[/quote]

Did they really chant that?  That is just sick that someone would say that about a kid who lost his dad.  Maybe people are starting to go too far with these chants. It's supposed to all be in fun but that is taking it too far.
yes they really chanted it.... it was faint, but you could still hear it