Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chelsee Jarrell - 15th Region Player of the Year
PantherWatcher Wrote:Gee O Pete!!  Leave it up to the Magoffin Co fans to get out of bed and the hollors to show their class on this thread.  It was predicted they would start their crap. Come on Hornets, its 2006, time to grow up, take some lessons on how to carry yourselves in a classy manner (i think they teach that at Johnson Central ConfusedhhSmile

Congrats Chels, dont look back and bust Pikeville wide open........ :flame:

umm.. i thought chels was from PAINTSVILLE--- whats JC gotta do with it?:Thumbs:
she deserved it she wuz good
how can you say that when MAGOFFIN beat paintsvilles butt.
that is just dumn!!!!!

PC_U_KNOW_98 Wrote:Doesn't matter, Magoffin or Belfry couldn't have beat neither Monroe County nor St.Mary's, and maybe even a couple more teams at the All "A". Paintsville did underachieve IMO by not making it out of the district, but come on, how many great teams have you seen get upset or beat in the first round of districts (not saying it was an upset).
congrats. i figured it would be between chelsee and calloray.
good job!!
OK, Im not a Fan of MC or Paintsville but I do agree that the award went to the best Senior in the region. The best player in the region IMO did hail from Magoffin Co. in Ashley Jade Howard which most(Not all) would agree but was not eligable for the award because she was only a JR.. But the question here is who was the best player Calloray or Chelsee and I think without a doubt it was Chelsee, not taking anything away from Calloray she is a hell of a player but I think Chelsee is a little better and deserved the award...JMO
JOHNBOY1956 Wrote:how can you say that when MAGOFFIN beat paintsvilles butt.
that is just dumn!!!!!

Well JOHNBOY if you would read what I was referring to then you would understand. Magoffin did beat Paintsville's butt BOTH times they played them, BUT if you were at BOTH games AND at the All "A" you would know that Paintsville didn't play to their potential against Magoffin like they did in Richmond. Paintsville was like a deer in headlights against Magoffin both times they played them, scared to death.
All of this is bogus, first Jarrell didn't desrve palyer of the year. I can name 5 Senoir players better 1. Courtney Conley-East Ridge 2. Conray Howard-Magoffin Co. 3. Brittany Chapman-Belfry 4.Kim Coleman-Phelps 5.Brittany Hogoston -East Ridge who I think was the best big girl in the region last year and who votes for these awards The Paintsville Newspaper. Coach Butcher from Pike Central deserved coach of the year because of all the pressure he was under and still made it to the regional championship game despite having 2 possible starters tranferring before the season started and besides Paintsville didn't even make it out of their district so come on people be realistic.
ERblue4ever Wrote:All of this is bogus, first Jarrell didn't desrve palyer of the year. I can name 5 Senoir players better 1. Courtney Conley-East Ridge 2. Conray Howard-Magoffin Co. 3. Brittany Chapman-Belfry 4.Kim Coleman-Phelps 5.Brittany Hogoston -East Ridge who I think was the best big girl in the region last year and who votes for these awards The Paintsville Newspaper. Coach Butcher from Pike Central deserved coach of the year because of all the pressure he was under and still made it to the regional championship game despite having 2 possible starters tranferring before the season started and besides Paintsville didn't even make it out of their district so come on people be realistic.

Actually, the people that vote for the award are the member's of the KABC..15th region coaches who are members vote for a player and coach from the 15th Region for KABC player of the year/coach of the year..There may be more that vote in addition to the members, but I know this is how it is done across the state.
ERblue4ever Wrote:All of this is bogus, first Jarrell didn't desrve palyer of the year. I can name 5 Senoir players better 1. Courtney Conley-East Ridge 2. Conray Howard-Magoffin Co. 3. Brittany Chapman-Belfry 4.Kim Coleman-Phelps 5.Brittany Hogoston -East Ridge who I think was the best big girl in the region last year and who votes for these awards The Paintsville Newspaper. Coach Butcher from Pike Central deserved coach of the year because of all the pressure he was under and still made it to the regional championship game despite having 2 possible starters tranferring before the season started and besides Paintsville didn't even make it out of their district so come on people be realistic.

Oh really ERblue4ever. That's funny you say that Courtney Conley AND Brittany Hogoston were both better than Jarrell considering Chelsee DOMINATED East Ridge when they played during the season. She had 20+ points and 15+ rebounds and neither one of your so called "better players" could stop her nor did either of them put up even decent numbers, neither one of them. This award was gonna go to Chelsee or Calloray, everyone knew going into the season one of these two would win. I will agree about the coach of the year award. The only reason he won was because Paintsville made it to the Class "A" State Semi-Finals.
And just like this past year, this coming year we all know that the player of the year award is going to go to either Ashley Jade Howard of Magoffin County or Haley Ratliff of Pike Central.
ok this is old news she won the award she had her glory let it go!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill
SE04 Wrote:ok this is old news she won the award she had her glory let it go!
finally!!!!!!someone said it
She was more than deserving of this award, a late congrats to her and good luck to her in College.