Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#23 Louisville 80 - UConn 59
Final...

I had tickets to this game but didn't go...

C. Smith (LOU) - 16 points, 6 rebounds, 5/7 FG

R. Boatright (UCONN) - 18 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, 5/10 FG
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UCONN will not even come close to repeating.
And UConn was once rated in the top 4 weren't they? As well as being a component in that vaunted Syracuse Strength of Schedule I posted about yesteday. UK fans should
admit the U of L is NOT as bad as they showed immediately after their game with us.
They let that loss take too much out of them, plus had some more injury problems.
But by the same token , U of L fans need to face the fact that they are a very
borderline top 20 team. So UConn taking a pounding like this should clearly show
what a NON-factor they are. And demonstrate in no uncertain terms that the big
East is nowhere near as good as it's been the last few seasons.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:UCONN will not even come close to repeating.

I can agree with you, but let's not discount the emotional factors with this team. I think if Calhoun makes it back for the BEAST tourney, you will see a completely different team that what we have seen for the past month. They are not as good as last years team, but the definitely are not as bad as they have played over the last month.
WOW! The cards really looked tough tonight! THey played with a edge and wanted the win more, thats all there is to it! I think the cards CAN work there way back to been a top 10 team in couple weeks. They are a legit top 12-15 team and playing like last night they lokoed like top 5 team. Sure UCONN is stuggling but still, they have a great team. Just look at the roster. Its been over 20 years I think since they have lost a game by more than 25, and UL had that and more if they wanted to play the actual lineup. Congrats on the Big W cards!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
DSRfan Wrote:And UConn was once rated in the top 4 weren't they? As well as being a component in that vaunted Syracuse Strength of Schedule I posted about yesteday. UK fans should
admit the U of L is NOT as bad as they showed immediately after their game with us.
They let that loss take too much out of them, plus had some more injury problems.
But by the same token , U of L fans need to face the fact that they are a very
borderline top 20 team. So UConn taking a pounding like this should clearly show
what a NON-factor they are. And demonstrate in no uncertain terms that the big
East is nowhere near as good as it's been the last few seasons.

Ill admit we arent a CONSISTENT top 5 team. but we are a top 15 team for sure, I think we will be abck in top 10 in 3 weeks though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:Ill admit we arent a CONSISTENT top 5 team. but we are a top 15 team for sure, I think we will be abck in top 10 in 3 weeks though.

Sorry, but that's a RIDICULOUS assertion right now. I'm not a Card
hating Cat fan. I'm a BIG Card fan and always pull for them outside
of the UK game. But right now to say they're a sure top 15 team is
to ignore reality. 5th place in the Big East, lots of injuries still dealing
with. Hope they keep getting healthier and better, but right now the
grasp on the top 20 is TENUOUS.
DSRfan Wrote:Sorry, but that's a RIDICULOUS assertion right now. I'm not a Card
hating Cat fan. I'm a BIG Card fan and always pull for them outside
of the UK game. But right now to say they're a sure top 15 team is
to ignore reality. 5th place in the Big East, lots of injuries still dealing
with. Hope they keep getting healthier and better, but right now the
grasp on the top 20 is TENUOUS.