Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Single Season Shot Block Record
With the sensational season that Anthony Davis is having at the defensive end made me wonder if he will catch David Robinson for the all-time record in a single season.

Robinson recorded 207 blocks in the 1985-86 season and averaged 5.91 BPG.

Can Davis break the record this season?
What would he have to average for the rest of the season? Would the post-season count?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It all depends on how far we go in the tourny.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Doubtful.
^ Agreed. Considering we are now more than halfway through the season, and the best of competition will be on the schedule the rest of the way, it will be difficult to accomplish.

To me, I don't care about Robinson's record. Davis is the shorter player, and has done it against better competition!
I dont think that he can break this record i think he could prolly get to around 160-170 but i think that is as close as he will get
What is the SEC record?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
173 is the SEC record, Jarvis Varnado from Mississippi State holds it. Got it his senior year, Coach Cal's first year I believe was his senior year
^
I see Davis breaking that by 10 or 15.

What a year that would be.
It will be tough to break the record. But talking about Robbinson, does anybody remember when he came into Rupp in 85or86 and put up 40+ points? UK won the game, but it was probably the best personal performance I ever witnessed live. It is also the only time I know of that an opposing player got a standing ovation from the UK crowd.
He's already broken the SEC record...

I think he could break the record this year. Just because the competition will be tough doesn't mean he can't get a shitload of blocks...he's proved that against every tough opponent we've played.
vundy33 Wrote:He's already broken the SEC record...

I think he could break the record this year. Just because the competition will be tough doesn't mean he can't get a shitload of blocks...he's proved that against every tough opponent we've played.
He broke the SEC "freshman" record held by Shaq, 115. I think he could break the overall SEC record also, though.
sstack Wrote:It will be tough to break the record. But talking about Robbinson, does anybody remember when he came into Rupp in 85or86 and put up 40+ points? UK won the game, but it was probably the best personal performance I ever witnessed live. It is also the only time I know of that an opposing player got a standing ovation from the UK crowd.

I remember that game. Actually it was in '87.

Robinson had 45 points, 14 rebounds, and 10 blocks in that game.
Robinson's record is out of reach and Jarvis Varnado's single season SEC record of 170 blocks will be difficult to reach but Davis has a shot. It's really too bad that he will not have a chance to break Varnado's SEC and NCAA D1 career blocks records.