Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerlens Noel Re-Classifies to 2012
The #2 overall player in the 2013 class has decided to re-classify and enroll in college starting in 2012. Most experts say that he will now move ahead of Shabazz as the #1 player in the 2012 class. Evan Daniels, from Scout.com, tweeted last night that he thinks Noel will pick Kentucky when all is said and done.

So can you imagine a class of Cauley, Goodwin, Poythress, Shabazz, Anthony Bennett, and now Nerlens Noel? Of course, Bennett, Shabazz, nor Noel have picked UK, but most indications I've see are that UK leads for all of these guys. That could end up being the best class ever assembled in college basketball and during a year that everyone said would be a down year for UK basketball.
Now that he reclassified, I do not know if UK will get them all. I believe they get at least 5, but maybe not them all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:Now that he reclassified, I do not know if UK will get them all. I believe they get at least 5, but maybe not them all.
With Davis leaving, that will open up the 5 spot for Noel/Bennett. If Jones leaves, the 4 will be open for Bennett/Poythress. If MKG leaves, the 3 spot opens for Shabazz. Then you will have Lamb and Goodwin battling for the 2 spot with Teague and Harrow at the Point. Then your bench will consist of Wiltjer, Cauley, and Hood. We would definitely be deeper, but I agree, there may not be enough PT to go around. I think if we don't get one of those guys, it would be Bennett, simply because we will be loaded in the front court with Noel, Poythress, Cauley, and Wiltjer.
But I will say that if Lamb, Jones, and Teague all leave, then I can see all of those guys coming to UK. We would lose 7 players (Miller, Vargas, Teague, Jones, MKG, Lamb, and Davis) and would replace those 7 with 6 incoming freshmen. It's definitely possible and something Calipari could deal with.
^That is my thinking. Would any of them be willing to take a chance on being on the bench. Calipari is notoriously known to not use his bench (Wiltjer gets like 8 minutes a game and Vargas might get 3, Orton hardly came off the bench, etc...)

We get the #1 and #2, but which of 3, 4, 5, and 6 will come?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
so Lamb and Teague are coming back next year? I haven't heard nothing about them leaving or staying
Strikeout King Wrote:so Lamb and Teague are coming back next year? I haven't heard nothing about them leaving or staying
Nobody knows for sure, but if I had to bet, I'd say they will.
This is just the way I look at it. Anthony Davis has a flat out amazing natural instinct and ability to block shots and play defens, as well as run the floor and score. And the only person I've watched in high school that has those same capabilities and that's Nerlens Noel. Davis in my opinion has grown as a player @ KY, I think he's learned alot on the defensive side of the ball that has helped his game, and if Nerlens Noel wants to be a great player, as well as a top 5 draft pick he'll come to KY. Just my thoughts.
If no one leaves besides the two seniors, how many scholarships would UK have available?
I would love to see Shabazz commit then Noel. Bring that Kenny Sky Walker flat top to Rupp son.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
He's going to Syracuse.....
^ I dunno. Syracuse has alot players in his position(s). I don't see him going there and being behind someone.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
Kentucky basketball just continues to show it's dominance!

Love it!!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Nerlens Noel shook up the recruiting landscape Wednesday night, announcing that he would join the class of 2012 in order to play college basketball next season.

The 6-foot-10, 215-pound center joins Shabazz Muhammad as Kentucky's top targets for 2012. UK and Syracuse have long been thought to be the two favorites to land Noel.

Currently playing for Tilton School in New Hampshire, Noel is regarded as the best defender in the nation and the best high school shot-blocker since Greg Oden. Many national analysts rate Noel as a better post defender than UK phenom Anthony Davis, who is on pace to break the NCAA record for blocks by a freshman.

Noel is not jumping up a grade but rather joining his original high school class. He started in the class of 2012 before an injury early in his career prompted him to switch to the class of 2013.

ESPN immediately elevated Noel past Muhammad into the No. 1 spot in its 2012 rankings when the reclassification was announced Wednesday night.

The Everett, Mass., native told ESPN that he would visit Syracuse on Feb. 11, and would likely see UK, North Carolina, Georgetown and Florida before making a decision. UConn and Providence are also on his list, but he has already taken unofficial visits to those schools.

Syracuse's loaded frontcourt could be a negative in its recruitment of Noel. The Orange have five-star center Dajuan Coleman signed for the class of 2012, and current starting center Fab Melo is only a sophomore and not projected as a first-round NBA Draft pick.

UK, on the other hand, is unlikely to have a true center on next year's roster.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/02/02/20532...rylink=cpy
Hes gonna be a stud in our zone..
Id much rather have Shabazz.
But ill take em both.....

One things for sure, there to smart to go to Syracuse, becuase they'd like to defende UK's national title next year.
^ I think they could work together
^
They could.

I just wasnt that impress with Noel when i watched him on ESPN a few weeks ago.
Gonna be a stud in your zone? That's a real knee slapper, if he wants to be an even better defensive player than Davis he'll come to KY. He wouldn't be a better defensive player in the zone, you couldn't utilize him as much.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
They could.

I just wasnt that impress with Noel when i watched him on ESPN a few weeks ago.

Very fair. I remember watching Davis play on either ESPN of Fox last year, and thought to myself that this guy is a 2 year experiment. Wow, that kid who was gangly and and awkward, talented yes but did not show in that game that he could possibly be the best player in the country.

The thing about Nerls, his whole reason for leaving early is not to play college basketball. He wants to get paid, and that concerns me more than his age or whether he can fit in with the style. He could be Cousins, or he could be Orton.
Overrated Wrote:Hes gonna be a stud in our zone..

You guys got a big hosscat already...DaJuan Coleman.

#3 Center in the land.
Stardust Wrote:Very fair. I remember watching Davis play on either ESPN of Fox last year, and thought to myself that this guy is a 2 year experiment. Wow, that kid who was gangly and and awkward, talented yes but did not show in that game that he could possibly be the best player in the country.

The thing about Nerls, his whole reason for leaving early is not to play college basketball. He wants to get paid, and that concerns me more than his age or whether he can fit in with the style. He could be Cousins, or he could be Orton.

Good Point!
overrated Wrote:he's going to syracuse.....

lol..