Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UFC 143: Diaz vs Condit
A little late on this one, but here it is

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)
Carlos Condit vs. Nick Diaz (for interim welterweight title)
Roy Nelson vs. Fabricio Werdum
Josh Koscheck vs. Mike Pierce
Renan Barao vs. Scott Jorgensen
Ed Herman vs. Clifford Starks

PRELIMINARY CARD (FX)
Max Holloway vs. Dustin Poirier
Henry Martinez vs. Matt Riddle
Alex Caceres vs. Edwin Figueroa
Matt Brown vs. Chris Cope

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)
Dan Stittgen vs. Stephen Thompson
Rafael Natal vs. Michael Kuiper
I think Condit finishes Nick Diaz in this one. One thing that stands out to me is the Martinez-Riddle matchup, Riddle should in theory take this. Martinez is gonna be at a pretty significant size disadvantage, he is moving up from 155-160 and taking this fight on short notice. I want to see how Barao does as he continues to move his way up the ranks at 135, I think he is gonna be the guy to eventually take the title from Cruz.
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

PRELIMINARY CARD (FX)

Ive got the exact same picks, minus Diaz.
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)
J-Rod Wrote:MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

PRELIMINARY CARD (FX)

Agreed to all.......even though I do not like Diaz, still think he is going to pull this one out.
Roy Nelson....thats really all I can say
[Image: http://external.ak.fbcdn.net/safe_image....efault.jpg]
After his last fight he shaved that beard off, grew back pretty fast.
To be one of the elite MMA fighters in the world...he's a raggidy looking mofo.
^ That's funny!:lmao:
Thompson with a great headkick KO in the 1st to beat Stittgen.
Honestly, I don't blame Diaz for doing what he did.

Diaz stalked him the whole fight, while Condit did nothing but pepper him with stupid leg kicks.

Diaz landed 51% of his arm strikes compared to Condits 32%...Condit threw 104 leg kicks.

Kinda stinks that Condit won that fight because of leg kicks.

I'll go ahead and say now GSP > Carlos Condit.
The numbers im seeing have Diaz at 44% and Condit at 37%. Condit had more Significant Strikes (151-105), Total Strikes (159-117) and Legs (68-6). Diaz took Head (62-55) and Body (49-36). When its that close with the head and body, a significant advantage like that in legs kicks will win it, easily. I dont agree with the two judges who scored it 49-46, I dont think there is any way Condit won 4 rounds. I had the fight scored 48-47 Condit, and Diaz could have taken it if he would have went to the ground a lot earlier. Eventually he quit standing and peppering people with rabbits punches and use the strongest part of his game. He cries everytime he loses a fight, when he lost to Noons he bitched about a cut, he cried after the Sanchez and Parisyan decisions. He even cried and whined after the fight with Gomi because Gomi wasnt punching him the way he wanted. Ive got Condit over GSP.
On another note....Roy Nelson could get hit by a truck and keep going.
For those of you who didnt see it. KO of the night from Karate/Kick Boxing standout Stephen Thompson.

[YOUTUBE="x8IsiKLm6mU"]x8IsiKLm6mU[/YOUTUBE]
I could see 48-47 for Condit, but I thought Diaz did more to win.
I def. think he was the aggressor, but that only gets you so far. He wanted to stand and box with Condit, but didnt cut off the angles, did shy away from counters counters. He had the ability to win the fight, we saw that at the end of the 5th round. I think it was a case of too little, too late. GSP will be out another 9 months or so, and Dana said he tweaked his knee when he jumped out of his seat at some point during the night...so I would like to see Diaz-Condit II if Nick didnt decided to take his ball and go home.
Neither fighter will be able to compete with GSP. I'm not a huge fan of his but he is very skilled at what he does. Diaz has better boxing than GSP but GSP would take Diaz down at will. Diaz has better Jitsu but GSP has the defense to keep from getting subbed. Carlos, well he won't have a prayer against GSP. His stall game won't work against an opponent like GSP.

This fight was like the Evans vs Davis fight. They are just in line for a beat down for the champs.
I would have agreed before the ACL injury. Just like in football, you never know how you're gonna react until that first it gets hit. Who knows how GSP will react after a couple leg kicks to that knee...or how comfortable he will be exploding off of it for takedowns the first few rounds.
If GSP will be out another 9 months I think Condit will have to defend his interim title but I don't think it will be against Diaz.
It will take that long for Diaz to quit crying, he cried for 2 years over KJ Noons.
Dana White mentioned that he'd definitely be interested in setting up a Diaz/Condit rematch...however, Condit's camp said they aren't interested.

I wonder...

Smh...
Honestly....if he fights again itll probably be the winner of ellenberger-sanchez
It was reported today that Condit will fly in on Friday to officially agree to fight Diaz again. I am sure it is because so many people have different feelings on the fight. No timetable has been set.

Now if Diaz will agree to the fight after saying that he was done with MMA.
It isn't going to happen now...

Early speculation going around the Nick failed a drug test for you guessed it....marijuana.

He got blazed harder than a fire in Backdraft.
Thats what im reading, and gracie is saying it is absolutely off. Anyone think Johnny Hendricks' KO of Fitch will make Dana want to throw him in there with Condit? Or Koscheck?
Something tells me if Condit takes another fight before GSP, it'll be the winner of Sanchez/Ellenberger.

GSP is even considering dropping the belt, just so he can fight Nick Diaz.

That would be interesting...
The Sanchez-Ellenberger winner was my first thought, with a Kos-Hendricks matchup for the #1 contender (If GSP dropped the Belt). The time frame would play out for all the 2 match ups I mentioned to happen in June-July and the 2 winners possible in December. Which would also be a good time frame for a GSP return and Diaz to be back from a possible suspension if he did indeed fail a drug test.
In a perfect situation, GSP drops the belt and fights Diaz (granted that if the failed drug test holds true he is able to come back from a suspension). Condit fights winner of Hendricks/Koscheck (if that can get scheduled).
Really wanted D.S. to win but it wasn't meant to be.