Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central Haters
If fast food is one the few things you can brag about...Then goodness...Atleast mention that Flea Market
Knott County of course has one thing Perry County will never have.

a mini mall....
I figured I would lower my IQ a few points and get in on this brawl
The Rankin girl can flat play!
New York is almost as nice as Perry Co actually.
Don't forget the inbred Blue People

[Image: http://northwestandthensome.files.wordpr...fugate.jpg]
Is them the people in viper, or leatherwood or something?
Nope.
Google "The Blue Fugates of Troublesome Creek"
Another thing that Perry County doesn't have is a cool sign at the county line.

Like one that says "Home of David Tolliver"
One thing we in Perry County do have....

[Image: http://www.ohiobarns.com/othersites/buil...oose1.jpeg]

HOW CAN YOU COMPETE WITH THE MOTHER GOOSE?
You also have the Blue Goose.
This might be old, but I heard someone saying it at Applebees the other night... Told me they had to re-build that goose becase the first time they built its back was to the road and it was shitting all over it.. i lol'd for ever.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:One thing we in Perry County do have....

[Image: http://www.ohiobarns.com/othersites/buil...oose1.jpeg]

HOW CAN YOU COMPETE WITH THE MOTHER GOOSE?

pwned
Should put a sign at Perry Counties line that reads. "Welcome to Perry County were basketball players fall from the sky every year."
zaga_fan
Another thing that Perry County doesn't have is a cool sign at the county line.

Like one that says "Home of David Tolliver

Benchwarmer Wrote:Should put a sign at Perry Counties line that reads. "Welcome to Perry County were basketball players fall from the sky every year."

Or what for it "We cant win with ours so we will win with yours."
earthquake Wrote:Perry central people should just read this post and laugh. If I am correct the girl from mason went to elementary school in perry. Noble lived 20 miles away in breathitt with a family member working in hazard (where perry is located). The girl from north is originally from Leslie, which is even less than 20 miles. These girls are home-grown girls or whatever you are referring to. It's not like the went to Louisville or Lexington or western ky to get girls. Maybe some of you people need to worry about your own team and leave this bunch of great girls and coaches alone. If perry was not ranked in state, they would not get this much attention. Seen the top three teams in state play, including perry and they are about the same on a given night.

I don't want to sound like I'm just hating on Perry because I'm not I understand how good their Girls' basketball team is. But this statement is a funny statement to me. Because would you say the same thing about Hazard. We have always had a bad name for recruiting. And from your statement then Hazard should be getting a break because: Charlotte Sizemore was 20 miles from Hazard, Johnny Cox was 20 miles from Hazard, Cleve Washington's two uncles played for Hazard, and all those other guys in the 50's and 60's were 20 miles from Hazard in Knott County.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ekff Wrote:I don't want to sound like I'm just hating on Perry because I'm not I understand how good their Girls' basketball team is. But this statement is a funny statement to me. Because would you say the same thing about Hazard. We have always had a bad name for recruiting. And from your statement then Hazard should be getting a break because: Charlotte Sizemore was 20 miles from Hazard, Johnny Cox was 20 miles from Hazard, Cleve Washington's two uncles played for Hazard, and all those other guys in the 50's and 60's were 20 miles from Hazard in Knott County.

Good Point! The year Knott Central boys won the region, Perry fans cried and moaned about the JBS transfers. They all lived within twenty miles from Knott Central.
If anyone thinks that any coach in this region is above going to Rupp with a team full of transfers they are just plain naive.

Kids want to go to a school that puts them in a spot to better themselves and I'm 100% for that at ANY SCHOOL.
I would wager that 95% of all schools in Ky have at least one out of district player. KHSAA is suppose to be watching for anything illegal. PCC is a good squad. And no I am not from anywhere near this area. Just find it amusing that there are always complainers about this. If PCC wasn't winning no one would care.
Lady Cats Wrote:I would wager that 95% of all schools in Ky have at least one out of district player. KHSAA is suppose to be watching for anything illegal. PCC is a good squad. And no I am not from anywhere near this area. Just find it amusing that there are always complainers about this. If PCC wasn't winning no one would care.

Letcher Central must be in the 5%. They have 32 girls on the Freshmen, JV, or Varsity. All 32 live in Letcher County and have attended or are currently attending LCC feeder programs.
How many girls on the PCC varsity squad have played HS basketball at another school? And, at least for me, Napier's ludicrous statement about players "falling out of the sky" (or whatever it was) is a source of the bad feelings. I don't think All State players fall out of the sky at too many places in the commonwealth. And regardless of ties in middle school, proximity to Perry County or any other argument I've heard, these girls are all transfers. Anyone that thinks they transferrred for any reason other than basketball is kidding themselves.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Letcher Central must be in the 5%. They have 32 girls on the Freshmen, JV, or Varsity. All 32 live in Letcher County and have attended or are currently attending LCC feeder programs.

Woopeeeeeeee for LCC.... What do you want a cookie for this? Not looking good in the region titles department though. Guess they need to expand the county limits if you want to compete, because that is what it's all about. Doesn't really matter where they are from, or where they fall from, as long as they go through the proper requirements to play and are legal no one cares but the ones that can't beat them. All this talk is so ridiculous. :please: Just keep making excuses for not being able to beat them or any school like them.:devilflam
D1Recruiter Wrote:Woopeeeeeeee for LCC.... What do you want a cookie for this? Not looking good in the region titles department though. Guess they need to expand the county limits if you want to compete, because that is what it's all about. Doesn't really matter where they are from, or where they fall from, as long as they go through the proper requirements to play and are legal no one cares but the ones that can't beat them. All this talk is so ridiculous. :please: Just keep making excuses for not being able to beat them or any school like them.:devilflam

The Intelligent one speaks. The one who predicted that Perry Central would win by 40+ last week. Not looking for cookies or handouts, just doing a rebuttal on a statement someone made.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:The Intelligent one speaks. The one who predicted that Perry Central would win by 40+ last week. Not looking for cookies or handouts, just doing a rebuttal on a statement someone made.
I would say traveling all over the country had a little effect on their game and looking over a far inferior opponent had the rest to do with it. I would say after a little rest from their Tenn, Florida, Mercy, and LIT trips, they will be ready to play the districts and regional and state tourney. I would say that if they play in the region, which would be a tough task for LCC anyways, but if they do play, will be a much different game. Just my opinion, maybe not 40+, closer to 20-30 though. :biggrin:
Did Crawford play against Manual I didnt see her name in the box scores
Wondering if she was hurt or something
mountain hoops guru Wrote:I would say traveling all over the country had a little effect on their game and looking over a far inferior opponent had the rest to do with it. I would say after a little rest from their Tenn, Florida, Mercy, and LIT trips, they will be ready to play the districts and regional and state tourney. I would say that if they play in the region, which would be a tough task for LCC anyways, but if they do play, will be a much different game. Just my opinion, maybe not 40+, closer to 20-30 though. :biggrin:
Comments like this is why people don't like the fans of PCC, and not the players who play the game at a high level.
3rd period at Perry Central is Randy's "Recruiting 101" class.
He gets the basketball team together. They watch videos. They Vote on who to target next. They make calls. They set up workouts.

He really has it down to an art.
Other schools in the State don't stoop to that level...
they respect their program too much.

I heard Knott Central turns kids away.
They can show up for the first day of school and buy a house right next door but if they didn't live in Knott County their whole life they won't let them enroll.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:I would say traveling all over the country had a little effect on their game and looking over a far inferior opponent had the rest to do with it. I would say after a little rest from their Tenn, Florida, Mercy, and LIT trips, they will be ready to play the districts and regional and state tourney. I would say that if they play in the region, which would be a tough task for LCC anyways, but if they do play, will be a much different game. Just my opinion, maybe not 40+, closer to 20-30 though. :biggrin:

I don't think Randy Napier ever overlooks a Dickie Adams coached team. Some of his biggest battles have been against him. Hell it was a 10 pt game in the region last year without Kelah Eldridge playing. As far as the 20 - 30 + win in the region tournament. You can wish in one hand and s@#t in the other and see which one gets full the fastest.
Overrated Wrote:Kentucky has been getting #8 for 10 years now.

Let's see, how many years did SU look for #1? Was it 101 or 102?
How long they been looking for #2?

If they ever want to really be successful, they should relocate the
school to just outside Lexington. Then they could be Syracuse
University of Central Kentucky. Heck they wouldn't really have to
change the letters on the jerseys would they? S.U.C.K.