Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset 2012
Who looks to have the edge at QB?
Jumper Dad Wrote:Who looks to have the edge at QB?

Too early to tell, this could be a battle.
Good, I hope it is a good battle and is a tough decision for Robbie. I have strong opinions both ways, so I'll leave it up to Coach to make the call. Not that he would care what I think anyway.
It was written by a Danville writer, but I feel like Somerset is going to be a heck of a team this year. The Jumpers can prove who's the top dog when they travel north this fall. That being said, I feel like Robbie Lucas and crew have a top-notch crew this season.
Jumper Dad Wrote:Good, I hope it is a good battle and is a tough decision for Robbie. I have strong opinions both ways, so I'll leave it up to Coach to make the call. Not that he would care what I think anyway.

Glad, I don't have to make the Call. Both QB's bring a lot to the table. I really don't feel he can go wrong with either. Whomever the QB is he will have a lot of Talent around him. Somerset's Staff is well Schooled in Football and do a Great Job. They will make the right decision, when the time is right.
This may have already been answered, but do any of you know when Somerset is scrimmaging Bourbon County?
GetChili Wrote:This may have already been answered, but do any of you know when Somerset is scrimmaging Bourbon County?

Saturday the 11th, not sure of the time though...
Shondue Wrote:Saturday the 11th, not sure of the time though...

Thanks!
GetChili Wrote:Thanks!

6:00 I think, but sure temp. will have some bearing on time.
Is the scrimmage at Bourbon?
Norm Peterson Wrote:Is the scrimmage at Bourbon?

At Bourbon, 6:00. Unless heat moves start time back.
Isn't Bourbon's field turf now?
Don't know about Bourbon's field being Turf. I do know the Jumpers have been working hard the last few Days. 3 a days get tough sometimes. The Kids seem to have a good attitude and you can see them improving dailey. A Couple new additions to the team and the experience Somerset has coming back should make for a Great Season. I'm excited about this Season.
Can't wait for season to start and I expect some of the less talked about Jumpers to step up and suprise people on their performances this season. I love this teams potential with will Hinton being my pick to shock alot of jumper fans. Number 20 is primed to have an excellent season along with others that has put in the hard work this off season! It's already showing for Hinton!!!!
Briar jumper bd Wrote:Can't wait for season to start and I expect some of the less talked about Jumpers to step up and suprise people on their performances this season. I love this teams potential with will Hinton being my pick to shock alot of jumper fans. Number 20 is primed to have an excellent season along with others that has put in the hard work this off season! It's already showing for Hinton!!!!

I hope you're right! :Thumbs:
Briar jumper bd Wrote:Can't wait for season to start and I expect some of the less talked about Jumpers to step up and suprise people on their performances this season. I love this teams potential with will Hinton being my pick to shock alot of jumper fans. Number 20 is primed to have an excellent season along with others that has put in the hard work this off season! It's already showing for Hinton!!!!

Will has looked good in practice. I think you are right, He will have a huge year. Somerset is blessed to have 3 good TE's in Will, Tyson, and Jacoby. Most HS don't have 1. Good Luck to all the Jumpers on a Good Season.
100% agree ab Will Hinton. He's gonna be a stud this year. Make that both Wills. I think Will Lange will also.
Dumpster Diving Wrote:100% agree ab Will Hinton. He's gonna be a stud this year. Make that both Wills. I think Will Lange will also.

Will Lang will be one of the better Backs in Eastern Ky. and the whole State. This team has 20+ kids that can play and be very good while they are playing. Then there are 6 or 7 more that want hurt you and that my friend is very rare in 2A football.
I think Jumpers will be pretty good this year...could be a very very good season.
Schedule is very tough again this year....the fire hardens the steel.
Jumpers have to figure out how to get past those schools up north...play solid football for 4 qtrs.
Season to begin soon. Sat. Night Somerset will travel to Bourbon Co. for a Scrimmage. Both teams should find out where they are and what they need to work on. Bourbon Co. looking for a break out season and somerset wanting to continue the Great Tradition. Should be a good Scrimmage. So, want to get started. Go Jumpers.
Any ideas how we will match up with bourbon co? I know virtually nothing about that team. Isn't it coached by an older Somerset player?
Dumpster Diving Wrote:Any ideas how we will match up with bourbon co? I know virtually nothing about that team. Isn't it coached by an older Somerset player?

New Coach played at Bourbon and Coached at Boyle Co. for years. I think I'm right. Bourbon is picked to win the 3A Dist. they are in, have a lot of good skilled players. Have one of best RB in State he rushed for 2950+ yards last year. Will be a good Test for Jumpers.
Somerset may lose a couple this year
zaga_fan Wrote:Somerset may lose a couple this year

With their schedule and a first year starter at quarterback I'd say 2-3 losses in the regular season would be about right. I don't know much about East Jessamine except that they lost their running back but Southwestern, Hazard, Breathitt County, Whitley County, Glasgow, Danville, LCA and Perry County Central are all capable of beating the Jumpers if they have an off night. Several of those teams are capable of beating them even if they don't have an off night. In that schedule you have 3 5A teams (one of them a regional champion) , the 1A state champion, the 2A state runner-up, a 3A regional champion and a big time rival in Danville. I don't think any realistic Somerset fan expects them to run the table.
Norm Peterson Wrote:With their schedule and a first year starter at quarterback I'd say 2-3 losses in the regular season would be about right. I don't know much about East Jessamine except that they lost their running back but Southwestern, Hazard, Breathitt County, Whitley County, Glasgow, Danville, LCA and Perry County Central are all capable of beating the Jumpers if they have an off night. Several of those teams are capable of beating them even if they don't have an off night. In that schedule you have 3 5A teams (one of them a regional champion) , the 1A state champion, the 2A state runner-up, a 3A regional champion and a big time rival in Danville. I don't think any realistic Somerset fan expects them to run the table.

Looks pretty similar to last years' schedule.

Id this the last year for some of these games?
or is it going to look like that for a while?
zaga_fan Wrote:Looks pretty similar to last years' schedule.

Id this the last year for some of these games?
or is it going to look like that for a while?

It is the same except Somerset plays East Jessamine instead of West Jessamine in the VisitNich.com Bowl and Southwestern instead of Pulaski County in the Ray Correll Bowl. I think all of the contracts were two year contracts so they should be up after this season.
Sat. Scrimmage time has been moved to 7:30.
Norm Peterson Wrote:With their schedule and a first year starter at quarterback I'd say 2-3 losses in the regular season would be about right. I don't know much about East Jessamine except that they lost their running back but Southwestern, Hazard, Breathitt County, Whitley County, Glasgow, Danville, LCA and Perry County Central are all capable of beating the Jumpers if they have an off night. Several of those teams are capable of beating them even if they don't have an off night. In that schedule you have 3 5A teams (one of them a regional champion) , the 1A state champion, the 2A state runner-up, a 3A regional champion and a big time rival in Danville. I don't think any realistic Somerset fan expects them to run the table.

I agree with 2 losses. IMO 4 of these teams will not be as good as last season, 2 will be better and 2 about the same. I think Somerset will be a better team than last season. JMO. I think Somerset will be 8-2. Go Jumpers.
How did they do saturday?